UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain)

+12
odo banks
chris63
RA
Ringdrotten
Orwell
halfwise
Bluebottle
Lancebloke
Nagual
malickfan
azriel
Eldorion
16 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 23 Empty Re: UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain)

Post by Eldorion Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:35 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{Well I said a few days ago I suspected Leadsom was a plant to split the Brexit side of the party vote and keep Gove out the top seat- now thats accomplished she decides, at the 11th hour to step down and let May have the crown uncontested Suspect  }}}

It's like a real-life of Game of Thr--

Sofa
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 23 Empty Re: UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain)

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:01 pm

who on earth could have stomached Gove?- Figg

{{{Me! If Gove had made PM Scotland would have been independent within the month Nod }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:03 pm

UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 23 SLyUWc1h
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:57 pm

Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:58 pm

srsly though if Angela Eagle is the best Labour can do, we (Labour supporters) are doomed, stuffed and shafted where Uranus doesnt shine.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:45 pm

At this rate I'm predicting a UKIP-Lib Dem coalition for 2020.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:28 pm

The reason I could never have voted labour the last few elections are 1) Gordon Brown and 2) Ed Miliband. Angela Eagle is another on that list and Corbyn just seems like a wet cloth. Theresa May might be more of an idiot but she at least comes across better.

That bloody Sturgeon should run for a UK party instead of just Scotland. She dresses like a twat but she seems like the only one with a bit of gravitas to her personality right now.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:10 pm

{{{ Oi! Hands off Oor Nicola- she is the only quality politician left standing right now, and we need her!}}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:19 pm

I quite like Ruth Davidson if she wasn't a Tory. wow its going to be a bit like Elizabeth May I against Nicola Queen of Scots. As long as Nicola stops shagging unsuitable barons like Lord Salmond de Bosworth, she should keep her head.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:37 am

This is what I was really worried about. Razz

Larry the cat escapes Downing Street eviction - BBC News

UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 23 ABor9qV
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:38 am

There's a few rats Larry missed tho Smile & like most politicians they were to crafty to catch Smile

UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 23 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 23 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:34 pm

Dave was on top form today in his last PM questions. Called Jeremy the Black Knight from Monty Python. made me giggle.

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:30 pm

I'll miss Cameron's zingers in the House of Commons. At least we still have John Bercow...
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:03 pm

{{The whole Labour party leadership contest is starting to stink.
Corbyn hasn't had the backing of his MP's since he got the job. The Blairites have undermined him, thwarted him, failed to support him in the Commons, briefed against him.
But he was elected by the party membership in overwhelming numbers.

Now the current contest is looking like a fix to oust him.

First they tried to get him to resign by staging a mass resignation from his Cabinet, and that failed.

Then they tabled  motion of no confidence in him, which they won, but that failed to get rid of him because there is no indication he has lost the support of those who voted him in.

Finally they have challenged him in a leadership contest, but first they tried to find a loop hole in the rules to stop him even being able to stand- which they lost.

Now the Labour ruling body has changed the rules, and three of them in particular stink of an attempt to rig the result-

'Labour Party members need to have signed up on or before 12 January to be eligible to vote. Nearly 130,000 people have become members alone since the EU referendum. As it stands, they won't automatically be able to take part'

We know that at least a third of those signed up to back Corbyn because they put it on their application forms. The general opinion is the majority of that 130,000 are most likely Corbyn supporters.

'Anyone can become registered supporters - giving them a one-off vote - if they pay £25 and "share" Labour's aims and values. There is a two-day window for people to sign up, expected to be 18 to 20 July although this has not been confirmed '

It was previously 3 quid. £25 is   a lot of money if you are unemployed (third of what you get to live on per week) or if you or on minimum wage. It favours middle class (ie Blairite leaning) voters over the Labour grass roots of the working poor who are more Corbyn leaning.

'Registered supporters who paid £3 to vote in last year's leadership election will have to reapply'

We know for the fact Corbyn won in a landslide last time that the bulk of those supporters were his.

I am no great fan of Corbyn, but this isn't fair or democratic and what good does it do if the Blairites win under these obviously fixed rules? They win back control of a party which would be at total odds with its own membership. }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:04 pm

The personalization of British politics (focusing on leaders) doesn't really mesh well with the Westminster system. Stuff like this will continue to happen until something gives, either decreasing the emphasis on leaders or a major alteration of party structure and/or parliamentary procedure.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:35 pm

{{{Boris is our new Foreign Secretary......the mind boggles Shocked

Also, unlike Cameron looks like May knows to take Sturgeon seriously, the first piece of policy out of her mouth in her debut speech as PM centred on us being a Union- ding-ding the fights on!}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:50 pm

Boris slap laugh Foreign Secretary. :facepalm:
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:58 pm

this is the man who has just been given a top job. something smells a bit fishy, could it be that they are setting Boris up to fail?

I think that here is the proof towards end of video he says something very interesting about Boris. this all depends on the close ties May has with the old guard of the Tory party, Hestletine, and if they have been in discussions about stitching up Boris.

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:16 pm

you know nothing Jon Snow. Laughing

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:36 pm

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:58 pm

{{She has given all 3 of the crucial jobs around Brexit to leavers- Boris got Foreign Secretary, Davis Davis got the Brexit brief for the negotiations and Liam Fox doing International Trade- n other words he has to get all the trade deals the Brexit side promised would happen.
If it does go all wrong she can turn round and say 'It's not my fault, l I appointed the three remaining lead Brexiters to the job.' }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:39 am

I guess whatever the reasoning, giving Boris an opportunity to crash and burn promises to give us many entertaining headlines! Twisted Evil
(Hopefully somebody's remembered to pay up on the fire insurance and charge all the fire extinguishers, right? Suspect )

UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 23 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 23 UJpDi UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 23 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:03 am

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14617298.New_Act_of_Union_Bill_published_to_create_a_federal_UK_and_stave_off_Scottish_independence/

Bit late for that I think, I can't see many Tories backing it (despite being the Conservative and Unionist) and as much as it may annoy Unionists in Wales, N.Ireland and Scotland they will never be equal to England on a purely population level.

(And I don't think there's really any interesting in an English National parliament (for one thing that would still be too unwieldy and London centric, breaking it up into 4 or 5 different regions would be more fair)

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:03 pm

{{{There has been a push for federalism form unexpected sources north of border, previous Labour and Tory MSP's have been floating it since the EU result.

This is good- May's words versus her voting record. Never trust a word out a Tories mouth, always judge them on their actions}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:08 pm

malickfan wrote:(And I don't think there's really any interesting in an English National parliament (for one thing that would still be too unwieldy and London centric, breaking it up into 4 or 5 different regions would be more fair)

I'm not sure there's sufficient political will in England for an English Parliament (though I think federalism is the way to go to save the Union), but I dunno if there's any real desire for regional assemblies either outside of London. The attempt at that last decade fell apart, though granted, they only held one referendum (aside from the successful one in London in the '90s).

I do think the trend in elected mayors and giving more power to local government is a good thing, though it won't necessarily solve any of the constitutional questions.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next