Kafria
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
32 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

News from the set - Page 17 Empty the set

Post by leelee Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:19 pm

Well dear Petty, I visited the Scotland Here And Now site and now I shall indeed be able to make your buckie pie, for there was in bodini bold an article called The Buckfast Pie. In the article was a brief history of the so named Buckie, how it was made by monks, why it is popular, cheap and sweet and how many have attributed the problem with violence, and overall mess of the population to the stuff and how they want it forbidden for comsumption, something like that. However money talks in the end and since certain companies have added the dreaded buckie to their mince meat pies they are literally flying off the shelf. So then, because I certainly know how to make a good mince pie and since the actual alcohol burns off in the cooking, I shall be pleased to make you as many as you like, provided you promise to eat some protein prior to consuming to avoid upsetting your blood sugar and getting diabetes. alright then?
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

News from the set - Page 17 Empty Re: News from the set

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:54 pm

"how many have attributed the problem with violence, and overall mess of the population to the stuff and how they want it forbidden for comsumption"- leelee

Yup, that's the stuff!

I'm sure the pie will contain all the required protein leelee. Don't want to slow up the absorption of alcohol into my bloodstream with too much unneccessary food stuff after all. I wonder if, once a buckie pie is baked, it can be deep fried?

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:58 pm

Eldorion wrote:I didn't actually realize that was supposed to be Frodo in those pictures at first. Laughing From behind that wig makes him look like a lady Hobbit.

Anyway, other than that, it's pretty cool to see photos from the set and read a report like that. It's nice to get confirmation of my theory about Frodo's scenes being set in the 'present' of LOTR. I still think it would have made more sense to have Frodo from the end of RotK, but ever since they announced that Ian Holm was back as Old Bilbo I thought it was pretty clear those scenes would be during or around the beginning of FotR. If only PJ didn't think it important to include such scenes and tie the films closer to LOTR in the first place... Rolling Eyes

I saw that photo with Frodo's side facing the camera and initially thought he was wearing an old-fashioned straight skirt! Silly me! Still, nice pictures, glad to see some progress with these films.

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

News from the set - Page 17 Empty buckie

Post by leelee Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:54 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:"how many have attributed the problem with violence, and overall mess of the population to the stuff and how they want it forbidden for comsumption"- leelee

Yup, that's the stuff!

I'm sure the pie will contain all the required protein leelee. Don't want to slow up the absorption of alcohol into my bloodstream with too much unneccessary food stuff after all. I wonder if, once a buckie pie is baked, it can be deep fried?

Generally anything that is baked can be deep friend. So if that's how you want it that is how you shall have it. just make sure to move after, all those calories, eesh.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:13 pm

The alcohol eats all the calories so dont worry leelee, this meal sounds delicous, good load of salt on it, some vinegar and add a couple of pickled onions and some pickled eggs and thats a mans meal! A short-lived man granted but still.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:56 pm

Pj's latest video blog is up on his facebook. Let the crabbittness commence!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150451523596807

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:21 pm

The dwarves still look silly, and I'm still not very fond of 3D, but I can't help liking these videos anyway Smile And you got to admire Lee and Howe, it's amazing what those two are able to do with a pencil.

News from the set - Page 17 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:31 pm

Mmm a Lee and Howe animated LotRs tv series with a proper script. Now there's a thought!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:52 am

Mirkwood looks messy! I mean yes, I know it's supposed to but really? Purple trees? I don't care about 48 fps, it looks weird! I like though the bit with Bilbo sticking his head above the trees, I always liked that bit in the book!
Don't get me started on the spider webs, or, as they should be called, white sacs! Banghead
But I feel like the artistic aspect of filming is disappearing and now it's much too scientific. The story will get lost in the spectacle!
Now don't throw a hissy fit Petty, but I'm kind of liking where this is going (minus the complaints I've mentioned)

News from the set - Page 17 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:46 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:The dwarves still look silly, and I'm still not very fond of 3D, but I can't help liking these videos anyway Smile And you got to admire Lee and Howe, it's amazing what those two are able to do with a pencil.

I think if we avoid state of the art CGI and stick with tried and true existing computer animation (to keep the process cheaper) LotR could be remade as a series. Imagine it as six or eight or ten or twelve closely adapted short movies. I can. cheers

Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:13 pm

Another bit of casting news. Robin Kerr (below) has been cast as Elros. Yes I did say Elros, which of course is the name of Elronds brother, who choose mortality and was first King of Numenor and Aragorn's great-great-something grandfather. So very dead by the time of TH in other words.
So flashback scene or just nicked the name to give to yet another made up elf character?

[img]News from the set - Page 17 Robin-Kerr-300x300[/img]

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:40 pm

So... Numenoreans too, is it? Rolling Eyes

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:44 am

Orwell! You're not drowned till dead then? cheers Good to see you back about the place.

If it is Numenoreans then I am afraid the time may be approaching when PJ must be stopped- by hook or by crook (I'll try using either actually not that fussed, big hammer would do).

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:34 pm

It's a kind of hate PJ/hate PJ situation, isn't it... My guess is that they've just recycled the name to some elf-hero who will get romantically involved with Tauriel.

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:42 pm

Romantically involved with Tauriel!!!! Ally you are making this potentially even worse!!! Evil or Very Mad And besides that sort of speculative crabbittness is my job!!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:42 pm

I wonder if the name is, at this point, just a 'stand in' until someone invents a Neo-name like Tauriel -- considering that Tauriel was seemingly first named Itaril, which is a Tolkien-attested Quenya form for Idril.
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:13 pm

Quite possible Elthir (and good to see you about the place), although it is quite late in the production for those sort of games you would think. It worries me that, like LotR's, they are making up the script as they go along and this Elros might be a sudden invention.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:47 pm

Yes I agree it seems late in the game, and they should have an Elvish coach on hand already -- and I just remembered that they do, as E. Lilly spoke a few Neo-elvish things in an interview somewhere -- so I'm likely off the mark with this much.

Well, if Elros is in as a name, maybe it will give me some chances to post on the 'problem of ros' -- although it's likely not that widely read in any case (relatively speaking), and not likely to come up much, if at all.

Oh well.

Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:54 pm

Well I for one Elthir thoroughly enjoy your technical posts on these matters. So elucidation on the problem of -ros, would be welcome. Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:46 pm

Well, as I practically baited someone to ask Very Happy maybe I'll bore you with my opinion... in another thread... maybe.

As for Jackson, now I'm thinking he might not lift such a 'famous' name for an Elf of Mirkwood, even if this Elf has a notable part with Tauriel or whatever. Then again, I never thought anyone would include a beardless Dwarf, for example!

Last edited by Elthir on Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:52 pm

Maybe they meant Elladan or Elrohir???? They're pretty similar... and I'm sorry, he kind of looks like a creep, just a bit... Embarassed Beren wouldn't aprove Evil or Very Mad

News from the set - Page 17 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:37 am

There aren't enough names that begin with El(l)-... said Elthir.
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:00 am

Elthir wrote:Then again, I never thought anyone would include a beardless Dwarf, for example!

That does soung wrong somehow. A beardless dwarf. Why? Shrugging

Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:13 am

I had a similar thought to you Tin- that it ws a typo or something and perhaps they meant one of Elrond's sons. I mean unless it is the Elros why use the name at all except to annoy and provoke people like me (actually now that might be a reason! Shocked )

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pseudo-Kafria Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:27 am

Maybe it was meant to be Eros? scratch

Burglar

Back to top Go down