Go down

News from the set [2] - Page 14 Empty Re: News from the set [2]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat May 19, 2012 8:17 pm

Evil or Very Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sat May 19, 2012 11:29 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:I think I internet-love you Ally Kissing (new word? scratch ). Your faith in Jackson has cleared my mind of all the crabbitness that has gotten to me hanging around here. These films will be great indeed cheers

I internet-love you too! I love you

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat May 19, 2012 11:40 pm

And I'm internet crabbit at you both! Evil or Very Mad

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sun May 20, 2012 12:01 am

Well I'm IRL crabbit if it makes you feel any better (this jar of nutella is Ally proof Crying or Very sad)

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun May 20, 2012 12:08 am

maybe PJ was just having some extra time and made it all to scare the fans? or maybe being in a country far-far away from civilization (well, nearest nabours are the respectable aussies..) he can't here the panicking fans, so he just goes with whatever comes to mind.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun May 20, 2012 2:53 am

I have a dream that all the WC info PJ has put out so far, all the tombs, Nazgul, Radagast, testicle stuff Pj is just putting out there to wind me up and really he is going to deliver a beautiful, respectful adaption of Tolkiens work- then I wake up and want to kill him again.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun May 20, 2012 4:26 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I have a dream that all the WC info PJ has put out so far, all the tombs, Nazgul, Radagast, testicle stuff Pj is just putting out there to wind me up and really he is going to deliver a beautiful, respectful adaption of Tolkiens work- then I wake up and want to kill him again.

What were you smoking and where can I get some? Shocked
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun May 20, 2012 7:46 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I have a dream that all the WC info PJ has put out so far, all the tombs, Nazgul, Radagast, testicle stuff Pj is just putting out there to wind me up and really he is going to deliver a beautiful, respectful adaption of Tolkiens work- then I wake up and want to kill him again.

Aww... News from the set [2] - Page 14 Dakars

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun May 20, 2012 1:02 pm

Eldorion wrote:

I need some of that too. I need some. Get me some.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sun May 20, 2012 5:59 pm

Eldorion wrote:

We've all had some weird dreams when slightly tipsy (I'm sure he will deliver a beautiful and respectful (to some degree Rolling Eyes) adaptation of The Hobbit though! I'm amazed at some people's lack of faith in the guy here...I mean, he's won Oscars... Rolling Eyes)

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun May 20, 2012 6:16 pm

everyone knows the oscars are bullshit. (to some degree).
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue May 22, 2012 1:14 am

500m Hobbit.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dorothypomerantz/2010/10/12/the-hobbit-budget-is-not-500-million/
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue May 22, 2012 3:28 am

OK its two films not one but still, they need these films to do well- they really are banking on the success of LotR's to be repeated. They might be right, people might just go becasue of LotR's and the usual hype- but I get the feeling if the first one gets any bad press (and Eru forgive PJ it sounds so far like it deserves to) the second one will be in real trouble.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue May 22, 2012 4:25 am

I'm glad they pointed out that the budget is for both films. The current most expensive movie of all time is the third Pirates of the Caribbean movie at $300M, but it was a simultaneous production with the second POTC movie ($225M) which passes the combined budget of The Hobbit anyway. (It was widely reported when it came out that Avatar cost over $500M but as far as I'm aware that was later disproven.) It's certainly a massive investment, but the first Hobbit is a lock to earn at least a billion dollars worldwide, and possibly considerably more, given the ground broken by the last Harry Potter movie and by The Avengers. Even if the first film is poorly received the second will still make a lot of money simply through fandom inertia. I'm sure the movies will turn a profit, although the studio might try to claim they didn't, as they did with LOTR.

I think the most immediate question for TH's box office potential is how many devoted fans will turn out for the films and also provide repeat business. The LOTR trilogy was groundbreaking at the box office when it came out and while it's been a while, the fandom has also grown from people (like myself) who first saw the films on DVD. I could see this being like Star Wars Episode I and being even bigger than the first three (if you don't adjust for inflation). Of course, SW I angered a lot of fans and Episode II suffered for that, but even that was still a legitimate hit. PJ's fans have proven themselves to be very forgiving in the past, though the reaction to the CinemaCon reports does make me wonder if PJ is pushing his luck.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue May 22, 2012 12:06 pm

Eldorion wrote:I'm glad they pointed out that the budget is for both films. The current most expensive movie of all time is the third Pirates of the Caribbean movie at $300M, but it was a simultaneous production with the second POTC movie ($225M) which passes the combined budget of The Hobbit anyway. (It was widely reported when it came out that Avatar cost over $500M but as far as I'm aware that was later disproven.) It's certainly a massive investment, but the first Hobbit is a lock to earn at least a billion dollars worldwide, and possibly considerably more, given the ground broken by the last Harry Potter movie and by The Avengers. Even if the first film is poorly received the second will still make a lot of money simply through fandom inertia. I'm sure the movies will turn a profit, although the studio might try to claim they didn't, as they did with LOTR.

I think the most immediate question for TH's box office potential is how many devoted fans will turn out for the films and also provide repeat business. The LOTR trilogy was groundbreaking at the box office when it came out and while it's been a while, the fandom has also grown from people (like myself) who first saw the films on DVD. I could see this being like Star Wars Episode I and being even bigger than the first three (if you don't adjust for inflation). Of course, SW I angered a lot of fans and Episode II suffered for that, but even that was still a legitimate hit. PJ's fans have proven themselves to be very forgiving in the past, though the reaction to the CinemaCon reports does make me wonder if PJ is pushing his luck.

*mumble... multiply by what... six? five?" THATS A LOT OF MONEY!
News from the set [2] - Page 14 Tumblr_m4e892T9BZ1qd5vnj
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue May 22, 2012 2:16 pm

the worrying thing for me is that these critics are normally a bit on the middle of the road bland, most film critiques these days are pretty tame, hardly firebrand purists (like Petty) so they should in theory have come out being positive about the new tech, at least saying that it looked wrong for the hobbit but was generally good, but they didnt, they seemed to hate the look of it, saying it looked cheap and nasty. These people see films for a living, they are probably youngish and tech savvy, not stuck in the mud old farts (like me) that havent a clue about the look of video games and such. So for them to hate it says a lot, the general public is going to get a shock and not a good one. hopefully most cinemas wont be able to use 48fps, probably only people who live in London or New york and major cities will get the chance to see both to compare, people that live in the back of beyond like me will see it in 24fps I am pretty sure.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Tue May 22, 2012 7:00 pm

Eldorion wrote:I'm glad they pointed out that the budget is for both films. The current most expensive movie of all time is the third Pirates of the Caribbean movie at $300M, but it was a simultaneous production with the second POTC movie ($225M) which passes the combined budget of The Hobbit anyway. (It was widely reported when it came out that Avatar cost over $500M but as far as I'm aware that was later disproven.) It's certainly a massive investment, but the first Hobbit is a lock to earn at least a billion dollars worldwide, and possibly considerably more, given the ground broken by the last Harry Potter movie and by The Avengers. Even if the first film is poorly received the second will still make a lot of money simply through fandom inertia. I'm sure the movies will turn a profit, although the studio might try to claim they didn't, as they did with LOTR.

I think we can forget the reaction from the people who saw the footage and CinemaCon- their main concern was, if I'm not mistaken, the quality of the projection which we can be certain will be fixed! Plus the kind of people who go to 'CinemaCon' aren't really your average cinema goers. Apart from here, virtually every news article I read the comments are ones of excitement and anticipation. As long as the film is good that anticpitation will almost certinaly translate into a big box office success (and by good I don't been faithful to the book- most people don't care about that guys Rolling Eyes) and PJ will get his oscars and then I'll go ahead and marry Viggo Mortensen Razz

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Tue May 22, 2012 7:03 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:the worrying thing for me is that these critics are normally a bit on the middle of the road bland, most film critiques these days are pretty tame, hardly firebrand purists (like Petty) so they should in theory have come out being positive about the new tech, at least saying that it looked wrong for the hobbit but was generally good, but they didnt, they seemed to hate the look of it, saying it looked cheap and nasty. These people see films for a living, they are probably youngish and tech savvy, not stuck in the mud old farts (like me) that havent a clue about the look of video games and such. So for them to hate it says a lot, the general public is going to get a shock and not a good one. hopefully most cinemas wont be able to use 48fps, probably only people who live in London or New york and major cities will get the chance to see both to compare, people that live in the back of beyond like me will see it in 24fps I am pretty sure.

Well if it means my local cinema won't have to close half the screens for renovation I'm all for 24fps Smile

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue May 22, 2012 8:04 pm

I'll probably see it in 2D (because all my friends are super afraid of ruining there eye-sight) and in 24 fps. (cause I live very remote acording to Agent Coulson) so I am happy anyways. I'll just buy it on bluray afterwards Wink and a bluray player.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue May 22, 2012 8:37 pm

Ally wrote:I think we can forget the reaction from the people who saw the footage and CinemaCon- their main concern was, if I'm not mistaken, the quality of the projection which we can be certain will be fixed! Plus the kind of people who go to 'CinemaCon' aren't really your average cinema goers. Apart from here, virtually every news article I read the comments are ones of excitement and anticipation. As long as the film is good that anticpitation will almost certinaly translate into a big box office success (and by good I don't been faithful to the book- most people don't care about that guys Rolling Eyes) and PJ will get his oscars and then I'll go ahead and marry Viggo Mortensen Razz

I was speaking more of the reaction of fans to the reports coming out of CinemaCon rather than the reactions of the people who actually went there. Even the most dedicated PJ apologists seemed taken aback by the bird-shit-beard and bunny-sled, and that made me wonder if PJ is going to have fewer defenders once the movie is actually released. However, even if that happens, it's not going to affect the first movie since everyone is going to want to see it for themselves. And, of course, die-hard LOTR fans are only a small portion of the cinema-going audience.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue May 22, 2012 8:53 pm

when thinking of it, I kind of am looking forward to the bunny thing. i mean, how are they going to pull that off? Have you seen how a bunny moves? it must be bumpy and chaotic ride Wink
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue May 22, 2012 9:10 pm

what say you Petty? Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Tue May 22, 2012 9:35 pm

Eldorion wrote:
Ally wrote:I think we can forget the reaction from the people who saw the footage and CinemaCon- their main concern was, if I'm not mistaken, the quality of the projection which we can be certain will be fixed! Plus the kind of people who go to 'CinemaCon' aren't really your average cinema goers. Apart from here, virtually every news article I read the comments are ones of excitement and anticipation. As long as the film is good that anticpitation will almost certinaly translate into a big box office success (and by good I don't been faithful to the book- most people don't care about that guys Rolling Eyes) and PJ will get his oscars and then I'll go ahead and marry Viggo Mortensen Razz

I was speaking more of the reaction of fans to the reports coming out of CinemaCon rather than the reactions of the people who actually went there. Even the most dedicated PJ apologists seemed taken aback by the bird-shit-beard and bunny-sled, and that made me wonder if PJ is going to have fewer defenders once the movie is actually released. However, even if that happens, it's not going to affect the first movie since everyone is going to want to see it for themselves. And, of course, die-hard LOTR fans are only a small portion of the cinema-going audience.

What's this about the bird-shit-beard and bunny-sled? How do I know know about this? Is there any footage of this or is just what people reported from the footage that PJ screened? Personally I have no troubles if this is included and I will be mightly pleased if Peter Jackson manages to retain that whimsical comedic element of The Hobbit, a book I dearly love Razz

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue May 22, 2012 10:00 pm

Yes but if the first film is bad and gets panned it might have to do business for two, as the second one might flop without trace if the first is as bad as it sounds- it happens.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue May 22, 2012 10:03 pm

The whymsical comedy elements are definitely part of what made The Hobbit great, but PJ's past films (especially LOTR) do not fill me with confidence that he will preserve the style of Tolkien's comedy even if he does try to have comedy in the films. Laughing PJ's style of humor - in LOTR, anyway - is quite different.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 29 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 29  Next