UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain)

+12
odo banks
chris63
RA
Ringdrotten
Orwell
halfwise
Bluebottle
Lancebloke
Nagual
malickfan
azriel
Eldorion
16 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 34 Empty Re: UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain)

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:08 pm

{{ May being interviewed by Marr this morning- I am beginning to see why she tends to keep a low profile, she isn't actually very good in interviews, her deflection of questions and topics is too amateurish and obvious.
Felt Marr should have hit her harder on the fact she might have lost her majority to an expenses scandal- she was clearly rattled being asked about it he should have followed it up. And she is hopeless when confronted with the shocking wage sin the private sector and the English NHS as well as the scandolous rise in foodbanks across the UK- her answer to that Marr should have interrupted her on- "there are a number of reasons people go to food banks'- no there bloody isnt- there is 1 reason- they need food!

Anyway worth a watch just to be reminded why Tories really are evil at heart }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 34 Empty Re: UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain)

Post by Bluebottle Mon May 01, 2017 2:38 pm

Reality? What reality? Strong and stable.. strong and stable..

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/01/jean-claude-juncker-to-theresa-may-on-brexit-im-10-times-more-sceptical-than-i-was-before?

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri May 12, 2017 4:02 pm

https://thewire.in/134987/brexit-disaster-uk-rejoin-eu-scottish-minister/

...I'm not so sure myself, even with all our opt outs we still voted Leave, many point to the younger generations as being more pro-EU...but the younger generations are also much more politically disengaged and less likely to vote, with 40+ years of the media slating the EU, a general reluctance by the UK to move towards 'ever closer union' and the long complicated process that Brexit will be I think there will be too much bad blood between the Uk and the EU to fastrack a return anytime soon, brexit may well prove a disaster but the UK is strong enough to weather the storm (even if the storm might last a very long time...) and I'm not entirely convinced future generations who grow up outside the EU will be overly enthused about joining the EU with the Euro, Schengen the European Army etc...if the current generation didn't care enough to turn up in enough numbers and vote remain, why would those in 20-30 years time care enough about the EU to rejoin?

It's going to take years, perhaps decades for the UK to break with the EU, by that point would anyone in the EU actually want us back? would the ecomonic shock on both sides really be worth it?

The UK has never, and probably will never be 100% comfortable as a member of the 'European family', I voted remain but I'm beginning to wonder if us leaving will be a good thing for the EU...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri May 12, 2017 6:00 pm

Some interesting perspectives

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu May 25, 2017 4:29 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/25/trump-worried-about-brexit-impact-on-us-jobs

Donald Trump is said to have told European Union leaders he is worried Americans may lose jobs as a result of Britain leaving the EU, in what would amount to an extraordinary U-turn by the US president.

...because the EU is ultimately about American jobs, right? Rolling Eyes

UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 34 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 34 UJpDi UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 34 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:57 pm

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-usa-trade-idUSKBN1990HN

Britain's International Trade Secretary Liam Fox said he would meet U.S. trade leaders in Washington on Sunday to talk about the possibility of signing a free trade deal between the two countries soon after Britain leaves the European Union.

"This visit will help lay the groundwork for a potential future UK-US free trade agreement and the practical steps we can take now in order to enable companies in both countries to trade and do business with one another more easily," Fox said in a statement ahead of his two-day visit.

I wonder if they'll discuss the pathway to Statehood..... Razz

UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 34 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 34 UJpDi UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 34 Mumbea10
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:01 pm

I wonder how Trump's first business deal in government will go? (the Saudi arms deal doesn't count).

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:23 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jan/25/brexit-deal-uk-eu-trade-pacts

They need to step very carefully here. And I'm not sure there is competence enough on either side to ensure they do..

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:39 pm

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:06 pm

{{Spot on, sadly}}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:04 pm

slap laugh
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:21 pm

{{Thats brilliantly done Laughing }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:58 pm

lol!
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:23 pm

That was wonderful! As a sequel they could do "The Life of Donald"! Very Happy

David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:08 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:23 am

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:27 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-news-vote-leave-director-dominic-cummings-leave-eu-error-nhs-350-million-lie-bus-a7822386.html

Banghead

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:35 pm

:facepalm:
I hope that at the very least he helped repaint the bus! Suspect

David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:33 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:54 am

{{True then and probably still true now- would explain a lot! }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:06 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-trade-deal-australia-latest-new-zealand-jean-claude-juncker-a7944516.html

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/sep/13/brexit-wont-solve-issues-that-led-to-leave-vote-says-mark-price-ex-trade-minister

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41252653

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:07 pm

I just signed this:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/200004

Though I doubt it will be of any use.

9200 signatures at the moment, hoping it gains some momentum.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:55 pm

I saw it has 12,075 at the moment ? 'One' did vote sweety darling, all that English Man's castle & fair play stuff, you know.

UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 34 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 34 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:16 pm

{{An interesting development. The Scottish Government, with the backing of the Parliament (bar the Tories of course) are planning to oppose the Westminster Repeal Bill- this bill would see all current laws under the EU transferred tot he UK legal books. With the plan being over time to either keep laws, or get rid of them as they see fit.
Problem is in the short term it means all powers go back under Westminster control- even areas that should be devolved. Hence the Scottish government calling it a naked power grab and refusing to go along with it.
Westminster says not to worry, lots of new powers will come to the Scottish Parliament, eventually. And the SNP reply, yeah pull the other one is got fucking bells on!

And that is the current situation, until today.

'The Scottish Conservatives want to strike a deal with Scottish ministers....The Scottish government is seeking changes to the legalisation for taking the UK out of the European Union.

Jackson Carlaw, deputy leader of the Scottish Tories, told the BBC he wanted to see if his party was able to support any of those amendments...."We will be having a meeting with Mike Russell later this week.

"We want to understand why they have placed the construction upon the Withdrawal Bill that they have, because we don't believe that it is either the design nor the desire to have this so-called power grab that they visualise.
"We want to work to see whether there are amendments that they are proposing which we can support and whether or not, together, we can actually find a way to ensure that the legislative consent motion is something the Scottish government feels able to support."
Mr Russell said the Scottish government would publish the amendments that he said would "cure the bill in terms of our objections" later this week.
He went on: "If the Scottish Tories are in a position both to accept that, to discuss how those might work and to persuade their colleagues at Westminster, which is the right thing to do, then that would be a step forward."- BBC

Intriguing! Who is playing who? And whats London Tory position on it? Or is this like Scottish Labour and a Dugdale federal UK plan she forgot to tell London Labour about?}}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:16 am

BoJo is taking gaslighting to epic proportions. Dat bus. Laughing Dat 350 million.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next