UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain)

+12
odo banks
chris63
RA
Ringdrotten
Orwell
halfwise
Bluebottle
Lancebloke
Nagual
malickfan
azriel
Eldorion
16 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 35 Empty Re: UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain)

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:53 pm

{{ Yeah Boris is at it again!

Further weirdness in the Snp/Scottish Tories thing- story so fr- SNP say no to Repeal Bill, its a power-grab- Scottish Tories say no is not, you've got it wrong and we will look at your amendments and support them if we can to prove it. Today the Scottish Secretary (thats the bit of Westminster that 'runs' Scotland's affairs from Westminster for the UK government) says - 'Devolving all powers brought back from Brussels post-Brexit could prove "extremely damaging".

What?

'David Mundell will warn that some devolved powers exercised in Brussels will have to be built into UK-wide frameworks to protect internal markets.'- BBC

This seems to be a means of keeping power and control over big Scottish money making sectors like fisheries and agriculture, just as Westminster has with our oil all this time (and completely blown the lot of it- the vast bulk spent outside Scotland). Or in short- a power grab!!

So did Ruth Davison make the offer yesterday without consulting the Westminster party? (she doesnt seem that daft to me) or is this some sort of internal party retaliation between Scottish Tories and Westminster, undercutting her olive branch to the SNP less than a day after its made? }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 35 Empty Re: UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain)

Post by malickfan Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:18 pm

On the subject of Boris:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09/19/boris-johnson-will-resign-weekend-theresa-may-goes-against-brexit/

I have a sneaking suspicion his backing of a ultra hard brexit is less to do with supporting the idea, and more down to his desire to save face after all the shit he said in the lead up to the referendum...

Either way I won't be sad to see him go it he does resign...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:17 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-majority-uk-british-people-stay-in-eu-not-leave-latest-poll-theresa-may-florence-speech-tory-a7960226.html

Bit of a misleading headline if this new poll essentially mirrors the results of the referendum, and it's a bit late for people to be changing their minds now...

A majority of the polls before the referendum predicted a narrow Remain win and look how that turned out...

Glad it seems May might be backing away from the ultra hard Brexit...

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:23 pm

I wonder what the margin of error of the new poll is. The actual referendum result was within the margin of error of most pre-referendum polls and this new one isn't that far different.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:54 pm

Eldorion wrote:I wonder what the margin of error of the new poll is. The actual referendum result was within the margin of error of most pre-referendum polls and this new one isn't that far different.

The entire referendum was an error Razz Crying or Very sad

New polls at this point seem rather pointless, the fallout of Brexit hasn't really begun to hit yet (though it might when we actually get a clear picture of what kind of deal the Maybot is trying to get) and anecdotally those I know offline haven't really changed their minds one way or another, give it another year and we may cause to reevaluate things...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:56 pm

True that. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:15 am

{{{ I don't think Boris has the balls to resign- certainly not on principles as he doesn't have any beyond Boris for PM! The only circumstances I can see him resigning under is if its part of a plan to come back reelected as leader.

May's big speech today- she is expected to lay out a 2-year transition period during which time the UK will stump up about 20 billion for the divorce bill- that'll be Mays magic money tree again- billions for bribing the DUP and Billions more to bribe the EU- yet we've got higher use of food banks (by working people let alone the actual 'poor') than ever before and homelessness under the Tories has leapt three fold and they cant pay folk like nurses enough to live on- I know from my own situation working a full time job that the end of the month I am lucky if I have as much as £50 left over for the month in disposable income after the bills are paid Mad Yet no money for wages, cuts continue brutally across public services and yet May continually pulls billions out her arse when it suits her for Tory causes Evil or Very Mad }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:46 pm

Sounds familiar.  tens of billions flowing for defence over here (billion = 10^9 over here) yet it's time to cut support for that wicked health care.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:06 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41627341

British farmers would produce more food themselves in the event of the UK leaving the EU without a trade deal, a cabinet minister has suggested.
Transport Secretary Chris Grayling was responding to industry claims that food prices could rise sharply in the event of a no-deal Brexit.
If this happened, he said the UK would respond by "growing more here and buying more from around the world".

Rolling Eyes No

Well that's reassuring, presumably every farmer in the UK is hard at work preparing for a no deal by acquiring new land and machinery, cutting corners with the loss of Eu grants and migrant workers, not sure on the exact numbers but we import a huge proportion of our food, and a damp overcrowded island isn't exactly the best place for all crops...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:59 pm

Britain = "a damp overcrowded island" Laughing

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:41 am

its mostly windy at the moment. Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:24 am

We need a revolution !

UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 35 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 35 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:17 pm

halfwise wrote:Britain = "a damp overcrowded island" Laughing

Well, it's largely accurate Laughing Shrugging

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:07 am

mostly windy at the moment- Figg

{{{ Very windy round my neck of the woods these days Figg- not sure my digestive system has got used to all the rich Italian food yet!! No }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:19 pm

Britain must choose from a range of existing off-the-peg models for its relationship to the European Union when it leaves the bloc, Brussels’ chief negotiator Michel Barnier has told a group of newspapers.

He said a bespoke deal could only be negotiated after an orderly departure.

Barnier, who is leading the EU’s negotiations with Britain after last year’s Brexit vote, told Handelsblatt that while it was in both sides’ interest to maintain a close relationship, the range of possible relationships was limited.

“The only way to do it without difficulties is by staying within the internal market. That would be the Norway model, but the British government rejects it,” he said. “Another option would be a free trade agreement like the CETA-deal with Canada.”
http://www.euractiv.com/section/uk-europe/news/barnier-uk-likely-to-end-up-with-canada-style-eu-deal/?

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:02 pm

well the continuing degradation of democracy is continuing apace.
Tory MP thinks he is part of the Stasi asks universities to grass up employees teaching about brexit.
Davis had the brass neck to suggest parliament vote AFTER brexit,
Then defence Secretary asks everyone not to be nasty to SA because of arms deals.

:facepalm:
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:24 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:well the continuing degradation of democracy is continuing apace.
Tory MP thinks he is part of the Stasi asks universities to grass up employees teaching about brexit.
Davis had the brass neck to suggest parliament vote AFTER brexit,
Then defence Secretary asks everyone not to be nasty to SA because of arms deals.

:facepalm:

I hate being English sometimes, as much as it pains me to admit it I can understand (but not condone) why some of my countryfolk vote for these Tory t*sspots, but I'll never understand how they swing near 40% every-time when prominent members of the party spout such rightist, biased, backwards, arrogant vitriol or nonsense on a regular basis and all these months later try and degrade Brexit merely to a winners/losers competition.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:58 pm

UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 35 McEx4hL

Spoiler:
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:48 pm

malickfan wrote:
I hate being English sometimes, as much as it pains me to admit it I can understand (but not condone) why some of my countryfolk vote for these Tory t*sspots, but I'll never understand how they swing near 40% every-time when prominent members of the party spout such rightist, biased, backwards, arrogant vitriol or nonsense on a regular basis and all these months later try and degrade Brexit merely to a winners/losers competition.

With just a couple word substitutions I could be saying the same thing. :drum:

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:12 pm

the pantomime continues... Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:03 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42249854

Banghead Banghead Banghead Extremely Crabbit :facepalm:

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:28 pm

Mr Davis said the usefulness of such assessments would be "near zero" because of the scale of change Brexit is likely to cause.

If someone can explain how that statement makes any sense at all I'm all ears.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:55 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:the pantomime continues... Suspect

No, a pantomime might be funny No

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:35 pm

UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 35 Tumblr_ln1gp3Cxb01qly8keo1_400

UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 35 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 35 UJpDi UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 35 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:42 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42346192

So what changes now?

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next