UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain)

+12
odo banks
chris63
RA
Ringdrotten
Orwell
halfwise
Bluebottle
Lancebloke
Nagual
malickfan
azriel
Eldorion
16 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 16 Empty Re: UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain)

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:10 pm

Michael Stephen Fuchs is obviously very wealthy and in a privileged position, he can look at the fall- out secure that he wont be touched personally, his vote is as an outsider looking in at an interesting experiment at the zoo rather than down and dirty with the poor and ignorant bigots who read The Sun and go Polish immigrant bashing for fun.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 16 Empty Re: UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain)

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:34 pm

{{{Europe responds! And so much for the spurious press comments that Scotland would not get a warm response either}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:45 pm

That was actually an amazing response! Though I confess I don't quite understand quite what Scotland wants Europe to do in order to not "let Scotland down."

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:48 pm

Oh, over in the Freedom thread I see Scotland is trying to remain in the EU ... is that even possible? If so, I can see it finally tearing Britain apart.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:58 pm

is that even possible?- Halfy

{{No one knows- its uncharted waters, to a certain extent the rules are being made up as things go along- but Sturgeon is determined to find out if it is possible. And not just for Scotland but NI and Gibraltar as well. But to have any hope of finding a way the EU will have to want us to be inside not out- hence not letting us down if we go out on a limb to stay.}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:13 pm

{{{BBC check on the 3 big Leave Promises before and after the vote- }}}

The campaign claim: Immigration levels could be controlled if the UK left the EU. This would relieve pressure on public services.

The current claim: Immigration levels can't be radically reduced by leaving the EU. Fears about immigration did not influence the way people voted.

The campaign claim: We send £350m a week to Brussels, which could be spent on the NHS instead.

The current claim: The claim was a mistake, and we will not be able to spend that much extra on the NHS.

The campaign claim: Some on the Leave side suggested the UK does not need preferential access to the single market.

The current claim: The UK should get preferential access to the single market.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:34 pm

Didn't Scotland have the lowest proportional turnout of the four nations? And what about the 38% who voted to leave the E.U?

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:58 pm

{{{Lowest yes, low no. It was higher than the General Election turn out. But it didn't surprise me, I predicted it beforehand for the reasons I gave then- it looked more like an internal Tory squabble and there was no appetite for it in Scotland- we never wanted the referendum in the first place, politically there is no signs of any real desire in Scotland to leave the EU- UKIP for example managed 1 elected official here. Even the Tories were more popular than them. And the referendum only came about because of internal Tory party issues in England and the rise of UKIP in England- it has never been our fight or our issues.

The 38% are also not an issue, politically speaking, the Scottish Government in a straight vote like this had to represent the majority will. And the 38% are spread out, every single Scottish constituency returned a remain vote, so whilst 38% voted out its a spread across the country, no one place has any solid support for leaving and there is no large single constituency for it. }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:03 pm

Farage in Brussels That was the most appalling thing I have heard in a long time. I thought things were bad but this just tipped the UK into the depths of idiocy. I have never been so embarrassed of a fellow countryman as listening to his jingoistic drivel.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:08 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2016/jun/28/brexit-live-cameron-eu-leaders-brussels-corbyn-confidence

Corbyn still refuses to go after 172 MPs give a no confidence vote. the stubborn arrogance of the man is astounding.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:10 pm

{{{Says if they hold another leadership election he will just stand again- problem for the Labour Party is there no evidence he wouldn't win the popular vote again.

For those who missed Farages gracious acceptance speech at the UN-}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:12 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-hunt-running-conservative-party-leader-second-eu-referendum-brexit-vote-a7106836.html

Jeremy Hunt is talking about possible second referendum. Shocked lets hope its not just hot air.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:14 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{Says if they hold another leadership election he will just stand again- problem for the Labour Party is there no evidence he wouldn't win the popular vote again.

For those who missed Farages gracious acceptance speech at the UN-}}

I cant listen to that again Suspect I may have to smash something.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:18 pm

{{{Dunno who country 123 is, on the right of the picture behind Farage, but he betrays the nonsense Farage is talking by nearly crying with laughter by the end of it- 5.42 onwards is where he loses it Very Happy when Farage is threatening Europe! }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:29 pm

' the Bank of England injected funds worth £3.1bn into UK banks, following a special auction for six-month finance.
It was the first such operation since the referendum vote.
Bank governor Mark Carney said on Friday that the Bank stood ready to provide more than £250bn of additional funds through its normal facilities "as a backstop, and to support the functioning of markets". - BBC

{{{ Can anyone explain to me why, if the Bank of England can just magic up 258.1billion for the banks (AGAIN!) the country has suffered for years now of 'austerity' budgets because there is no money to pay for public services?
258.1 billion is many times the hole in the public finances. Where does this money come from? And why is it always necessary to give huge sums to the bankers when they get in trouble, yet never to the people when they are in trouble- and its probably our bloody money to start with Mad }}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:49 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:55 pm

Its one of the biggest mysteries of all time, bigger than Roswell, bigger than the shooting of JFK, bigger than the Bermuda Triangle..........where does the Bank get its fooking money !! We are SO being shit on in this country. And I dont wanna hear how corrupt Italy was & is under Berlusconi, or China,Cuba or any other ying tong ting tong God forsaken hell hole when this country has a rich history of its own with corruption, It wrote the fooking book on it ! Farage was ballsy in what he said but he used the wrong words. He was over confident & way too cocky. My gawd, if there were the Klu Klux Klan in that auditorium he would have been Kentucky fried Chicken by now !!! The brunette lady behind him was obviously hoping hed die on the spot, He shocked all of those people with his cheap suit, stale aftershave bragging idiocy & his Council Estate narrow mindedness, I cant believe he represented the UK in that squirmfest of a speech ! Thankyou you mindless dickhead, it is now cermented in the minds of everyone there that we, the British, are the biggest carrot crunchers going !!

UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 16 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 16 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:56 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:'{{{ Can anyone explain to me why, if the Bank of England can just magic up 258.1billion for the banks (AGAIN!) the country has suffered for years now of 'austerity' budgets because there is no money to pay for public services?
258.1 billion is many times the hole in the public finances. Where does this money come from? And why is it always necessary to give huge sums to the bankers when they get in trouble, yet never to the people when they are in trouble- and its probably our bloody money to start with  Mad }}}}

If you just gave that kind of money to the common people, you'd create a culture of mooching, where people behave irresponsibly, secure in the knowledge that the government will always bail them out. Completely the opposite of how our financial institutions behave, obviously. Rolling Eyes
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:00 pm

I normally like Samantha Bee but I turned that off like a minute in. Farage has said enough stupid shit without trying to smear him with Boris Johnson's lies.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:10 pm

{{{Its a technicality if Farage is part of that campaign or not. There wa ss o much bad blood between Farage and I think all the Leave camps at one point or another its hard to pin down which one he was part of when- he certainly made no effort during the campaign to point out he was not associated with it and that it was not true.}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:47 pm

It's not a technicality at all. Accusing Farage of lying because of something that he never said is itself a lie. Saying he should have policed his own side and called out the other groups' mistakes is a different complaint.

It's pure laziness to go after Farage for this when there is so much bullshit that he actually did say. Unlike what Farage did, I'm not going to cut Sam Bee slack just because I often agree with her. Wink

EDIT: not to mention that Boris, who was responsible for the bus, is the one people disappointed with this result should really be worried about since he's the one with a very real shot at becoming the next PM.

Last edited by Eldorion on Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:52 pm

Trump really does have competition! That was perhaps the most insulting speech in such a context that I've ever heard.

Pettytyrant101 wrote:

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:14 pm

His unequivocal fury is really admirable.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:21 pm

http://satwcomic.com/brexit-to-the-right

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:26 pm

Btw, I like your new Avatar Bluebottle Laughing Wink

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next