Norc
Tinuviel
bungobaggins
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
21 posters

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 8 Empty Re: In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS

Post by chris63 Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:11 am

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 8 Scared-smiley-emoticon

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 8 Empty Re: In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS

Post by chris63 Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:00 am

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:53 am

If I didnt know that was The Hobbit & a complete shower of shit, Id say that looked an interesting film  Wink
But, it aint, & it is, & I know.

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 8 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 8 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:18 am

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:29 am

One of his favorite chapters from the book? Never would have guessed that by how he portrayed it in the movie. Rolling Eyes

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:34 am

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 8 Cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:57 am

bungobaggins wrote:One of his favorite chapters from the book? Never would have guessed that by how he portrayed it in the movie. Rolling Eyes
No fucking kidding. That video showcased the success of inanity, not good filmmaking.
Apparently he hated the chapter, as he included almost NOTHING from it.
And Wine-barrels my ass. They were mostly food barrels, notably apples in one of them. Freakin' nooby tard-butts.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:04 am

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 8 Cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon
More. lmao

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:05 am

chris63 wrote:In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 8 Cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon
More. lmao

Nooby tard butts. lol

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:18 am

It's kind of like how he didn't like the army of the dead and didn't want to include them in TRotK but then made them an invincible oliphaunt-killing army.

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 8 WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:16 am

Radaghast wrote:It's kind of like how he didn't like the army of the dead and didn't want to include them in TRotK but then made them an invincible oliphaunt-killing army.
They were not human ghosts, they were some kind of conglomerate ant-army. A human army would at least pretend to have once obeyed the laws of physics, but the film versions were scaling the sides of the mumakil in little wave-bursts. They really were incredibly lame.
The Battle of the Five Armies will almost certainly include some lame hijinks.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:04 am

Oh Forest, thats is a guaranteed certainty ! This is Peejeers last chance for an epic battle in ME so, he's not gonna skimp on this. He'll probably throw everything but the kitchen sink in, no, rephrase, he WILL throw the kitchen sink in, (& make it look like a boulder) Ive given up thinking how the film will look in relation to the book, now, I just think how far in madness can peejeers go ! All he's done is prove to me that this is NOT his genre, he cannot re-create something as beautiful as another Arthurian style world. Oh, maybe his TEAM can create a world full of inhabitants that look great, buildings etc, but, peejeers is sinking in his own Orc blood on this one. A simple, pure, unadulterated book like The Hobbit & he cant resist fooking it up.  Mad

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 8 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 8 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:13 pm

considering PJ filmed my all time favourite battles, Charge of the Rohirrim and Helms Deep, (well actually the only battle scenes I really like), knowing how bad BOT5A is inevitably going to be is really depressing.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:22 pm

For me he suffers the modern disease of chaotic fast editing and cutting- now that has its place- I thought it worked very well (before the troll bit) in Moria for giving a sense of a fast, chaotic and scary (from the hobbits point of view) skirmish.
But for bigger battles you need to hold your shots longer to see what the hell is going on and to get a sense of the battle tactics and lines and what is happening where on the battle field.
Some of the fast cuts in Helms Deep are only a second or two long.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:08 pm

ooooh I have been banned from TORn main page. All I said was Legolas looked like a chunky Steven Seagal in a blonde wig.  Shrugging Is that ban worthy?  and there was that comment about yet more plastic products on sale, but apart from that.......ooooh and the comment I made about the unecessary sexual connotations on a 'family' website of one of their articles where theres a photo of Thorin and Kili saying ''we are coming for your women'' women say ''ok''.

slap laugh

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:09 pm

I think that when all this is over (after several years) people will just forget about the hobbit movies. I don't think it will spawn seething hate from fans like the Star Wars prequels. People will just forget, and when someone says "Hey do you remember the LOTR movies?" they'll probably say "Yeah, those were pretty good. Hey do you remember The Hobbit movies?" "Meh, not really."

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:09 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:ooooh I have been banned from TORn main page. All I said was Legolas looked like a chunky Steven Seagal in a blonde wig.  Shrugging Is that ban worthy?  

slap laugh 

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 8 Classy

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:55 pm

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 8 Bow-Ties-Cool_zps800aa0e0
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:16 am

What PJ was thinking when he made Lake-town ethnically diverse.

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 8 Gif_437x269_af8e182bx7p

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:27 am

I think I got banned within my first day or so of joining ToRN, I can't quite remember, I may have been drunk at the time. I set my powers of crabbit to the mods however and got them to reverse the decision and reinstate me and I've remained a member since, although I have had a few posts mysteriously disappear.

But I have to say its not the PJ bastion it was when I joined, its still a PJ loving place at heart of course, but the poorness of DOS and fan fiction nature of the Coven and Pj additions has meant its got far more critical voices there now than it once had.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:36 am

Trollface  so its just me they dont like, although my comments were pretty tame by my standards  Suspect

but I suppose calling them sexist money grabbing fanboy numb-nuts doesnt help.  Very Happy

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:40 am

I'm surprised I haven't been banned from torn yet.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:44 am

Im amazed I havent banned Figgs yet!  Wink 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:54 am

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 8 703

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:29 pm

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 8 Tumblr_inline_mfrszzlGdX1r0321r_zps44a6650b

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next