Norc
Tinuviel
bungobaggins
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
21 posters

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 7 Empty Re: In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS

Post by Radaghast Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:37 pm

azriel wrote:Like Smaug not being red enough ?
The red was in the faces of angered Tolkien fans.

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 7 WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 7 Empty Re: In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS

Post by azriel Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:54 pm

Certainly wasnt a bloody reflection was it !  Wink  Rolling Eyes  Very Happy

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 7 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 7 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:12 pm

Extremely Crabbit 

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:19 pm

Smaug

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 7 2014+-+1

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:20 pm

PJ is never gonna forgive you, you know, giving away trade secrets  Rolling Eyes

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 7 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:05 pm

Radaghast wrote:
azriel wrote:Like Smaug not being red enough ?
The red was in the faces of angered Tolkien fans.
 lol! 

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:34 am

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 7 14+-+1

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:01 am

Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:37 pm

its true  Nod 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:06 pm

This seems more Smaugy ?

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 7 Snow_dragons_fantasy_art_1280x800_47262_zps472481e5

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:38 pm

Yeah he should be red and gold as Tolkien drew him and he should go by the titles Smaug the Magnificant and Smaug the Golden and he should be full of himself, unbelievably preening and arrogant and perfectly aware how absolutely magnificent and golden he is.  Nod (and four bloody legs- he a dragon not a wyvern! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad )

He should not look like a dull over sized T-Rex grafted to a giraffes neck  Evil or Very Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:43 pm

It also annoys me how Jackson describes Smaug as the "Hannibal Lecter" of dragons, as if other dragons are warm and fuzzy :facepalm: 

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 7 WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:15 pm

Wasnt Hannibal a cannibal ? So that would make Smaug eat his own kind ? Peejeers you are a twat !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:24 pm

*groan* He probably means manipulative and such... Which is typical dragon stuff anyway.  :facepalm: 

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:09 pm

azriel wrote: Peejeers you are a twat !

Going in my Signature  Nod 

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:49 pm

You are SO welcome Malick !  Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:23 pm

And as Peter Jackson said at the beggining of that video.

Peter Jackson wrote:The one thing I did want with Smaug from the very beggining was to make him just massive. So he's way way huger than what you would ever imagine.

The design of Smaug for me is a bit like what happens when no one tells the movie maker no. Shrugging

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:27 pm

Bluebottle wrote:
Peter Jackson wrote:The one thing I did want with Smaug from the very beggining was to make him just massive. So he's way way huger than what you would ever imagine.

Well, he certainly succeeded at that, at least compared to what I imagined. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:29 pm

What exactly does making him massive accomplish?

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:29 pm

Implausibility?

(See also: mumakil the size of AT-ATs.)
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:29 pm

Bluebottle wrote:And as Peter Jackson said at the beggining of that video.

The design of Smaug for me is a bit like what happens when no one tells the movie maker no. Shrugging

Same thing with those damned rabbits. Everyone thought it was a bad idea, but they just went along with it because PJ has them all on a tight leash.

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 7 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:32 pm

Tinuviel wrote:
Bluebottle wrote:And as Peter Jackson said at the beggining of that video.

Same thing with those damned rabbits. Everyone thought it was a bad idea, but they just went along with it because PJ has them all on a tight leash.

I think they went along with PJ because he has them on payroll.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:34 pm

Yeah, I think the less said about the rabbits the better.  Laughing

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:06 pm

Smaug is more like Godzilla, I think it lessens the scaryness in an odd way making him too big.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:32 pm

Going back to Jurassic Park, those little critters were scarey, the ones in the rain,with the guy stealing DNA, that suddenly whipped out frills & spat goo in your face ? 
But the scariest was the Velociraptor's  pale They knew exactly what they were doing & were far more cunning than PJs Puff the Magic dragon.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next