Biffo Banks
Norc
Mrs Figg
bungobaggins
gray gundulf
26 posters

Page 35 of 39 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 35 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS]

Post by Norc Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:38 pm

Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 35 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS]

Post by Tinuviel Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:45 pm

They're advertising DOS on the youtube homepage and there are three new tv spots with a tiny bit of new footage.
https://www.youtube.com/

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 35 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:18 pm

When is it out?
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:26 pm

Tin, I can't find the ones you're talking about, but these were linked from the torn forums.

This is the one I saw yesterday during the football game.

They're much more confident flaunting critic quotes in the tv spots this time around.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:31 pm

Lancebloke wrote:When is it out?

The movie? December 13 in the UK. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:32 pm

I shall look forward to Petty's review then! Will be a few months before it hits normal TV here.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:37 pm

Are you another one who's not going to see DOS in theatres? I've talked to a few people who feel that way, but I'm surprised how many people on here have suggested they'll wait. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:57 pm

That's because it will suck! I'm not paying them my hard earned money! !!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:58 pm

I can't blame you for that. Laughing It'd feel just too anticlimactic for me after years of anticipation to not see the movie at all, even if it's bad. Though there's a chance I'll only see it once this time. Shrugging

Either way, I have some movie gift cards left over from my birthday, so I'm set on that front. Thumbs Up
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:59 pm

It's been almost a year since I've been to the theater. I think it's about time I went and saw a movie. There's no way I could wait a few more months to see DOS.

Eldo has gift cards, and Sin is getting a free ticket! But I have to fork out cash! Mad

Last edited by bungobaggins on Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:00 pm

Each to their own! If we keep encouraging it they keep making it. I'm voting with my feet.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:02 pm

Fair point.  I suspect that PJ will be done with Middle-earth for real after this, though.  He's had his long, extended goodbye and gotten the chance to go back a third (second and a half?) time to throw in all the extra stuff he thought of.  But they're out of source material and I don't get the sense that they're interested in writing purely fanfiction spin-offs.  Not as long as The Silmarillion is off limits.

Whether Warner Bros. starts pursuing remakes or spin-offs on their own is another question, though.  But LOTR has always been a very director-driven franchise compared to many other big blockbusters.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:03 pm

I really don't think they will. But then again they'll have Disney and it's new Star Wars movies to compete with. *gulp*

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:05 pm

Well... I think PJ has pretty much done a fanfiction spin off with these. Waiting for them to ride off the back of Disney coat tails with character spin offs next.

'Aragorn - Northern Ranger of Mystery'
'Sam - The Secret Gardner'
'Gimli farts again!'
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:08 pm

I've called the expansions to The Hobbit fanfiction plenty myself, but there's still a big difference between shoehorning in marginally related material to a book adaptation and writing an entire standalone story based on a throwaway line from the Appendices. PJ and co. did decide not to pursue the bridge film idea, remember.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:17 pm

For now....
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:31 pm

I think the big screen is a better way to see any film. If I see it twice the second time will be on tv but the first time I prefer the full monty.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:03 pm

Some new footage in this.

"If I had the ability to shoot The Lord of the Rings in 3D, I certainly would have done it." - Peter Jackson

Fuck you.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:11 pm

Hang on, rephrase that !
"If I had the ability to shoot Peter Jackson....I certainly would have done it" - Azriel  Nod 

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 35 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 35 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:12 pm

Very Happy 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:11 pm

bungobaggins wrote:"If I had the ability to shoot The Lord of the Rings in 3D, I certainly would have done it." - Peter Jackson

Fuck you.
 Laughing 
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:23 am

Anyone else notice his cowlick? Fran Walsh needs to get that man a brush. Also, I've noticed his weight fluctuates a lot in certain interviews and in the blogs. Anyone know why?

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 35 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:56 am

He lost a lot of weight after King Kong, and pretty much kept it off even through Lovely Bones. During TH he started out pretty much the same as that time period after LOTR, but I guess hectic film schedules leave little time for exercise and a lot of time sitting, editing, eating junk food, etc. But personally, I wouldn't want to knock the man on his weight, it can be a tough thing for people to control depending on metabolism etc.

But I will knock him on the fact that he can be a fucking idiot!  Mad 

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:16 am

I was wondering if it had to do with that health scare he had a few years back  Shrugging 

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:29 am

It could be that too.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 39 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next