Biffo Banks
Norc
Mrs Figg
bungobaggins
gray gundulf
26 posters

Page 36 of 39 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 36 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS]

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:57 am

I just assumed that the amount of time and corresponding stress of production on The Hobbit had caused PJ to gain weight again. Not that it's any of my business, though I thought it was funny how many fans couldn't recognize him after his post-King Kong weight loss. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 36 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS]

Post by bungobaggins Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:43 am

Soundtrack goes on sale tomorrow.

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2013/12/09/84523-the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug-soundtracks-now-available-on-itunes/

I liked most of what I heard from the OST, so I've asked Sinterklaas for the extended version soundtrack for Christmas.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:45 am

I still haven't listened to the soundtrack since I want the music to be fresh when I see the film, but if it leaves a good impression I might buy the soundtrack myself. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:56 am

The soundtrack is great Eldo, I like both the soundtracks for AUJ and DOS its just too bad that they used so little of it in AUJ. Hopefully DOS doesn't suffer from that syndrome

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:45 am

i will see it tonight Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:56 am

Already? Well, that's certainly not a fjordlandian thing if anyone wondered. Laughing 

Though checking the movie theatre there are tickets available to go see it 18:30 which would be half an hour after the norwegian premier. If one only had the time..

Well, for all I've said about the movie on here I hope you thoroughly enjoy it.  Very Happy 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:03 am

Wait what? No! Too early, it's only Tuesday here!!
Now Norc will lord the experience over those of us who have to wait til Friday!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:00 am

yes, it's tuesday, but it is a midnight premier, so night to wednesday the 11th Nod i have no idea what blue is babbling about, the premier is tonight Wink not at six..

i will enjoy it Twisted Evil
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:06 am

Oslo premier is at 18:00. Wink With three more showings at 18:30, which all have at least one ticket still available.

http://www.oslokino.no/incoming/article1108207.ece

But I don't really have the time and would have to go alone. So I don't think I'll bother.

Might have gone if it was a different week just to have seen it first though.  Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:16 am

fucking oslo, 18 today? that's ridiculous, the premier is tomorrow the 11th, that's why i am going to a fucking midnight premier....
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:22 am

Yeah, they do always seem to be able to get the Middle Earth movies here at the earliest possible time for some reason.

Actually, I seem to remember they were told to push back a premier once because they were in danger of sending the movies before the actual red carpet premier. Laughing 

I could always get you a ticket if you want to jump on a plane.

Midnight premiers can be a lot of fun though. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:19 pm

Well Norc should be a good barometer for this- seeing as you are Norc a bit more, liberal, than some of us on PJ's Tolkien based attempts.

I hope you plan on writing us a full review when you get back home about 3am?  Suspect 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:28 pm

i don't think i'll write a review, perhaps.. Shrugging

i remember last year they started selling tickets too early so they had to stop the sale.. though i had already bought mine Twisted Evil
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:30 pm

i don't think i'll write a review, perhaps..- Norc

Evil or Very Mad You have to write a review so I can hazard a guess on how drunk Im going to have to be to go see it.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:40 pm

i'll try... but it is in the middle of the fucking night and in the middle of a fucking busy week!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:43 pm

but it is in the middle of the fucking night- Norc

Well I did say you would have to write it at about 3am- see I was considerate of that factor, I just expect you to do it anyway  Very Happy 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:43 pm

Mad
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:49 pm

Very Happy 

This caught my eye over on TorN as surely it must be a planted post from PJ and the Coven.

It begins by saying they aren't all that fussed with seeing Smaug in TH and goes on to say-

"To be honest im dying of excitement to see Azog, Bolg, Dol Guldur storyline, Kili/taturiel sub plot, and all other aspects that aren't wholly from the book. "

Fran and Phillipa is that you?  slap laugh 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:59 pm

Norc wrote:Mad

Well, seeing as I've passed on the chance of seeing it before you I don't think I could complain either way. But if you found the time to write a couple of words on how you thought it was I would be more than satisfied. Very Happy 

Petty might want the full 20 page review though.  Laughing

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:15 pm

I will be avoiding all forumshire reviews until I see the movie.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:17 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Very Happy 

This caught my eye over on TorN as surely it must be a planted post from PJ and the Coven.

It begins by saying they aren't all that fussed with seeing Smaug in TH and goes on to say-

"To be honest im dying of excitement to see Azog, Bolg, Dol Guldur storyline, Kili/taturiel sub plot, and all other aspects that aren't wholly from the book. "

Fran and Phillipa is that you?   slap laugh 
I wish I could say that were the case, but it could very well be "Fili" or "Kili".
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:24 pm

its out on Thursday here and I WILL give you a blow by blow account in spoilers natch  Very Happy 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:52 pm

DOS soundtracks are available for streaming on Spotify, in the US at least.

I had forgotten that Spotify has commercials. Mad

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:36 pm

Blue, please go to the Oslo premiere so that somebody will have seen the film before Norc and she'll have to stop gloating! Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:36 pm

bungobaggins wrote:I will be avoiding all forumshire reviews until I see the movie.

Forumshire reviews will go in their own thread, I'll start it now. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 39 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next