Biffo Banks
Norc
Mrs Figg
bungobaggins
gray gundulf
26 posters

Page 37 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 37 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS]

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:44 pm

Sinister71 wrote:The soundtrack is great Eldo, I like both the soundtracks for AUJ and DOS its just too bad that they used so little of it in AUJ. Hopefully DOS doesn't suffer from that syndrome

I think I listened to the AUJ soundtrack once before I saw the film, but I didn't buy it or listen to it again afterwards since the music in the film left so little of an impression on me. It's encouraging to hear that perhaps, instead of Shore losing it, his work was just poorly utilized.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 37 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS]

Post by Bluebottle Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:01 pm

Eldorion wrote:Blue, please go to the Oslo premiere so that somebody will have seen the film before Norc and she'll have to stop gloating! Very Happy

You know Eldo, if you had said that half an hour earlier I might just have done that. Laughing 

Though it would have been to one of those that starts in half an hour, the premier starts exactly now actually.

I don't really have the time and should be reading for my exam, which was why I decided not to go earlier today, but I'm rather lacking in motivation this evening so maybe I might as well have gone.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:01 pm

I'll try to write a review after I see it Thursday night, but I might be told to go to sleep, seeing as I have an 8:30 class the next day...

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 37 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:21 pm

Everyone has an excuse!  Evil or Very Mad Its only your entire future at stake Tin (not to worry you) just write the review!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:22 pm

Then I may write two, because the first one might be crap.

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 37 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:25 pm

yeah what am I? chopped fucking liver
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:32 pm

You dont need crabbit badgering Figg- you have promised your review excuses free  Nod 

Of course should you fail to deliver at the appointed time then the crabbit shall be set forth!  Twisted Evil 

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:40 pm

Tinuviel wrote:I'll try to write a review after I see it Thursday night, but I might be told to go to sleep, seeing as I have an 8:30 class the next day...

Who's gonna tell a college girl to go to sleep? Eventually you'll be telling yourself, but not until your mid 30's.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:44 pm

Unless something comes up, I'm going to see the film around noon on Friday, so I'll hopefully get my review up before the afternoon is out. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:55 pm

I look forward to reading the reviews before I go on Saturday around 10 am EST. I'll have my reward ticket in hand and watch it for free and put up a honest review after I've seen it... Who knows I might like it  Rolling Eyes 

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:28 pm

I was talking to friend about maybe going to the midnight showing here in Oslo, but doesn't look like it's happening. So you'll have to rely on Norcs judgment on the movie for the time being.

I'm sure she'll like that.  Nod Very Happy

Most of you will get around to seeing it yourself soon enough anyway, I guess.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:19 am

I'm going Thursday (provided I can get a ticket). I do not look forward to it, however. In fact, I don't feel anything. To paraphrase Warren Zevon: It'll be like taking a crap - it's something I have to do, but as of today I'm not putting any feelings into it (maybe with the exception of lots of crabbit) Sad

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 37 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:04 am

Taking a crap is quite a pleasant experience. It gets rid of that urge to go take a crap and leaves a hint of satisfaction.

I'm not sure the film can compare really.

Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:06 pm

Says something about the film, I guess Laughing

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 37 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:39 pm

Just purchased my ticket for Saturday.  bounce 

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:22 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:i don't think i'll write a review, perhaps..- Norc

Evil or Very Mad You have to write a review so I can hazard a guess on how drunk Im going to have to be to go see it.

You can at least rate it on a scale of 1 to 10, but given how much you liked the first one I'm not sure if that will give us enough information.

Oh, a better rating system! Based purely on what you think Petty's reaction will be, how many bottles of bucky should he drink before seeing it. Maybe a scale of 1-5?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:38 pm

1-5? Are you taking the piss?  Suspect 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:44 pm

one to ten of what? how much i laughed? how much i want to see it again? how close it was to the book?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:46 pm

The Petty scale is how close it is to the book. Your scale is how much you enjoyed it.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:46 pm

It's okay to rate it a 10 if you want, we already know you're a nidget.  Rolling Eyes 

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:46 pm

Its how many buckies Ill need to cope with going to see it.

Halfy suggested 1-5  Evil or Very Mad 

The very fact that you laughed your way through what I assume was meant to be a huge emotional beat near films end says it all really about their quality as films and thats without even considering the deviations from source.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:58 pm

petty will need five hundred barrels.

but i give it ten out of enjoyment Smile cus i laughed both with it and at it Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:09 pm

I best get started now then  Nod drunken 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:52 am

PJ talks about lessons learned from AUJ's 48 fps showings and what he has changed with DOS. Basically he's done the color-grading differently this time. I'm too tired and don't know enough about the topic to comment much, but I hope this means the weird, off-putting colors from AUJ won't be back. I haven't noticed them in the DOS trailers, at least...

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/peter-jackson-hobbit-3d-looks-1200941962/
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:55 am

Given BBC Wales managed to pull it off on a tv budget I should bloody well hope he has fixed it.  Mad 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next