Kafria
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
32 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

News from the set - Page 34 Empty Re: News from the set

Post by Norc Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:40 pm

I am sorry for the spoiler Sad Sad it's just.. it wasn't the biggest spoiler.. we kind of guest it already.. and we all hate it... Sad
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:44 pm

Norc wrote:I am sorry for the spoiler Sad Sad it's just.. it wasn't the biggest spoiler.. we kind of guest it already.. and we all hate it... Sad

Not you, I ment Elthir's 'spoiler'. Smile I probably should have added a quote. silent

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:51 pm

I totally agree with you Norc, this Tauriel lacks depth, its all gloss and no substance, just why the heck does she HAVE to be handy with weapons, its one cliche too far for me.

Extremely Crabbit
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:02 pm

Yes my spoiler.

We can't have the same 'bad guy' in all five films! sooo... that Tauriel will be revealed as the Enemy is as obvious as was the meaning of Asfaloth! Oh wait. Well anyway, surely Peter Jackson would not simply add a She-elven warrior just to add a She-elven warrior.

I would watch for the claw-hand in any scene this 'Tauriel' is in: that's a 'bad guy' thing in films. If she goes to pick up her curved sword, for example, with even a bit of a claw-ish looking hand, then she's the Necrodancer for sure.
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:22 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:I had no idea either was Canadian. But she mingles with hollywood so i called her a hollywood hottie sorry if it offends.

No offense taken, Mrs Figg. I personally love Hollywood bashing Very Happy

I seem to recall from a conversation back in Bree that you're not fond of her nose either`Twisted Evil
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:31 pm

Bugger her nose! She could have a nose as exquisite as Queen Tin's she still wouldnt belong in TH - a crappy, shoved in your face strong female (why do strong females in Hollywood only translate as women fighting like men?) Hate the whole idea.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:56 pm

Elthir wrote:I feel sure that Tauriel is holding back her true role in these films. She, herself, is the...

.... Necrodancer of Dol Guldur!

You may now gasp at this revelation about the films, if you must.

Why the heck hadn't I thought of that! Shocked ( lol! )

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:00 pm

Norc wrote:I am really looking forward to the drunken elves scene and Bilbo stealing the keys, I really do hope Tauriel woun't take that place. I don't like this Tauriel Bullshit. I mean, I do understand that they could need a "strong female character", but I don't think a strong female character has to be a kick-ass elf. e.g Arwen is a strong female character because she give up her imortal life for the love of Aragorn. Eowyn wants independence and to be free and equal to men and be recognized. If Tauriel is strong.. will it be because she cought all the 13 dwarves all by her self? because she too can kill an Oliphaunt? I mean srlsy.. u can't have a woman "to be strong" when all she do is kick as. Really.. why can't she be a mother, the mother of Legolas.. or just have more depth to her. Elves are presented as "perfect beings", but there are certainlt characters there. Maybe Tauriel is a nasty elf.. or .. rebelious.... or well.. just something to make her feel... AARGH! how do I say this without being misunderstood. you know how "elrond" elves and "Lorien" elves are all about lore and wisdom and all that. The mirkwood elves are more down to earth. they care more about the present, if you know what I mean. They know songs and old tales, but aren't like lore-masters. so maybe if Tauriel was a bit different or something. A bit mean or... desperate for attention. ass-kisser.. nah, I don't know. But if she was something more than just a kick ass babe, I think I wouldn't have that much of a problem with her, because it would seem that they had worked on the character, not just thrown her in.

Can't agree more, Norc. cheers These kinds of characters are made up to seem "modern" and "equal", but you just have to read about Luthien to find a woman who belongs to no one, is superbly (and realistically) strong, and she isn't particularly hampered socially by her femaleness for all the chauvinistic constraints of her times. I.e. she's not a pale politically correct blow-up doll, no, she's a Real woman --- and no asses kicked, nor donkeys neither, she being tough in her own way, but not cruel.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:46 pm

I'm not a massive fan of elf warrior princesses; will hot female elf warrior please the masses? Possibly. Personally I have no problem with the character, if her main role will be in the battle at the end. I'm assuming that battle will be the climax to the films; I haven't checked but there's not many named characters of commanders or generals or people in charge; it's just dwarves, elves, goblins and wargs. I know there's a few people like Thranduil and Thorin and that Eagle dude and Beren, but in a battle there would be people below these guys, and they'd be important too! If she turns out to be a woodelf general or whatever in the battle, no issues. I also think that if she turned out to be Necromancer that'd work. I'd also think it'd work if she marries Legolas, not enough romance in The Hobbit. Smile

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:32 pm

"Bugger her nose" indeed Petty and bugger all warrior elf chicks doing party tricks with daggers. Boo Bah humbug! Why cant Elven maidens take a mallorn leaf out of Arwens book and go floating around in medieval velvet frocks being girlie and whispering a lot heh? thats what I would do, I would wander round picking flowers and stroking kittens. leave the Balrog Busting to the boys.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:34 am

HAHAHAH her nose is pathetic in comparison to MINE! queen
And I guess I see why he feels the need to have a female character, but at least make her a WOMAN! For example, I wouldn't be angered if he completely copied Eowyn's character and pasted it to Tauriel. THAT would attract more girls! She is much more relateable than "warrior elf."

OR make her have magical powers like me! I kick arse with singing and magic hair!

News from the set - Page 34 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:02 am

Ally wrote:I also think that if she turned out to be Necromancer that'd work. I'd also think it'd work if she marries Legolas, not enough romance in The Hobbit. Smile

The Necromancer marrying Legolas! Shocked And I thought the Coven couldn't any more blasphemous! Shocked You're out of control, Ally! Plain loco... Mad

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:03 am

Tinuviel wrote:HAHAHAH her nose is pathetic in comparison to MINE! queen
And I guess I see why he feels the need to have a female character, but at least make her a WOMAN! For example, I wouldn't be angered if he completely copied Eowyn's character and pasted it to Tauriel. THAT would attract more girls! She is much more relateable than "warrior elf."

OR make her have magical powers like me! I kick arse with singing and magic hair!

Rolling Eyes ... and you're almost as bad, your Majesty! Rolling Eyes

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:04 am

Mrs Figg wrote:"Bugger her nose" indeed Petty and bugger all warrior elf chicks doing party tricks with daggers. Boo Bah humbug! Why cant Elven maidens take a mallorn leaf out of Arwens book and go floating around in medieval velvet frocks being girlie and whispering a lot heh? thats what I would do, I would wander round picking flowers and stroking kittens. leave the Balrog Busting to the boys.

Quite so, Mrs Figg. Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:04 am

OR make her have magical powers like me! I kick arse with singing and magic hair!- Tin

Spoken like a true Queen yer Maj. Nod

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:06 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:OR make her have magical powers like me! I kick arse with singing and magic hair!- Tin

Spoken like a true Queen yer Maj. Nod

But I thought we were saving that up for your auto-biography, Your Majesty? Shrugging

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:52 am

Ally wrote: (...) I also think that if she turned out to be Necromancer that'd work. I'd also think it'd work if she marries Legolas, not enough romance in The Hobbit. Smile

Ah, Necrodancer to nec-romance-r I see. Interesting.
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:52 am

Nice one, Elthir! Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:02 pm

If she marries Legolas I will tear up the theater-screen with a long elven knife..

Tauriel to me seems so shallow... hope she has more depth in the movie.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:51 pm

I doubt it Norc. I think she is eye candy and thats about it. No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:34 pm

I am not in principle against eye candy, but The Hobbit is sacred ground!

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:34 pm

well.. we have Orlando Bloom and Kili, and possibly Thranduil too.. so.. maybe it is fair ?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:36 pm

Tolkien is not about gawping at some birds knockers!! There plenty films out there cater for adolecent teen fantasies of all varieites it doesn't belong in the bloody Hobbit!!! Banghead

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:43 pm

no, true that, but one has to have something nice to look at. If young girls can relate to Tauriel and she is a good rolemodel and so on, I can.. well, not like her, but accept the fact that she is in this movie. If she has no depth and is too obviously brought in for "eye-candy" and "kick-ass-elf", then.. Mad
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:46 pm

Its PJ she is an eye candy kick ass female Legolas cause they couldn't shoehorn him into it (or he wisely refused). If you attempt to imitate any kick ass female lead in a Holly wood film by attacking six guys at once your goign to hospital if your lucky. What sort of a role model is that? Women are strong, stronger than men but not in a straight fight 99% of the time and where women are stronger Hollywood shies away from in favour of this sort of nonsense.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next