Kafria
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
32 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

News from the set - Page 33 Empty Re: News from the set

Post by David H Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:03 pm

My worst fears are more along the lines of Bilbo seduces hot elf babe who helps everybody escape.
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:07 pm

David H wrote:My worst fears are more along the lines of Bilbo seduces hot elf babe who helps everybody escape.

Now that I would like to see. Martin Freeman in full Bilbo mode trying to smooch Evangeline in full tough mode Laughing

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:21 pm

Tricky to film- Bilbo would need a stepladder for a smooch with an elf but the actors are about the same height! Very Happy

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:27 pm

Kafria wrote:
David H wrote:My worst fears are more along the lines of Bilbo seduces hot elf babe who helps everybody escape.

Now that I would like to see. Martin Freeman in full Bilbo mode trying to smooch Evangeline in full tough mode Laughing
no.. never.. PJ couldn't sink that low.. or...?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:33 pm

Tauriel and Kili.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:49 pm

“Yes, she is a warrior. She’s actually the head of the Elven guard. She’s the big shot in the army. So she knows how to wield any weapon, but the primary weapons that she uses are a bow and arrow and two daggers. And she’s lethal and deadly. You definitely wouldn’t want to be caught in a dark alley next to Tauriel.”

Wasn't the part about the guard in the original "Itaril" casting call leak? I recall insisting that that was fake since it wasn't substantiated, looks like I've been proven wrong. Thanks a lot, PJ. Yet more proof that the additions to this movie were cribbed from some 13-year-old's fanfic. Mad
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:50 pm

I believe that Gandalf's Beard wrote a story along those lines shortly after Itaril (as she was then called) first became known to fans. Wink

Read the literary masterpiece that is: The Adventures of Bilbo and Itaril! Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:55 am

Eldorion said: "Read the literary masterpiece that is: The Adventures of Bilbo and Itaril!"

Cooooool! Cool Worth the read! (Come back GB... Sad )

Better to read it on "Fanfic" site, mind. Better flow of story. Very Happy

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:28 am

Orwell wrote:Better to read it on "Fanfic" site, mind. Better flow of story. Very Happy

True, that! You can read the Adventures and GB's co-authored Tolkien/Lewis mashup without comments on his fanfiction.net page. http://www.fanfiction.net/~gandalfsbeard (Maybe all this talking about him will bring the beard back -- he is a wizard, after all, or part of one!) Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:02 am

NO NO NO NO NONONLNONONONONONONONONONONOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST STOP PJ BEFORE I SEND ALL OF VALINOR ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She literally is a female form of Legolas. WHY? If you wanted Legolas in the Hobbit (which they do!) Just give HIM that part, at least it makes SENSE for him to be there. AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I can only imagine then cringe at the possibilities of her character. Watch her fall in love with Bard. I really wouldn't be surprised at this point. Hell, he already has Galadriel cheating on Celeborn with Gandalf. Ew. Worst of all, PJ didn't have a big head when he made LOTR (at least, not as big a head as he does now!) so he actually cared about making it good. Now, he can sit on his comfy director's chair and get fat again because he knows that even if it's horrible, people will still go to see it. Banghead

News from the set - Page 33 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:43 am

Tinuviel wrote:Now, he can sit on his comfy director's chair and get fat again

I know I shouldn't find this so amusing, but I can't help myself. lol!
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Archet Bugle Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:31 am

NEWS BREAK

Well, if they put in GB's version, maybe I could live with it. GB's Tauril is better than PJ's Legolas. Very Happy

Lesbo Proudfoot
The Palantir Show
Sponsored by
THE ARCHET BUGLE
The Archet Bugle
The Archet Bugle
Forumshire's Most Respectable Journal

Back to top Go down

News from the set - Page 33 Empty on the set

Post by leelee Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:10 am

Peter already has gained his weight back, he originally lost it eating mostly the bean soup from a recipe from an aunt or something. The veggies and beans and low fat ensured a substantial weight loss. But it is terribly hard I think for him not to eat emotionally wnen under such tremendous stress. I have thought for a while that he is prediabetic so that he probably needs to regulate his carbs get rid of white everything and excercise the equivalent of twenty thousand steps a day however he chooses so that his body can process the insulin and thus he will lose weight . I am sure after production he can go back to proper eating and little use of spirits and excercise and be back in shape for the premiere.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:52 am

Eldorion wrote:

I believe that Gandalf's Beard wrote a story along those lines shortly after Itaril (as she was then called) first became known to fans. Wink

Read the literary masterpiece that is: The Adventures of Bilbo and Itaril! Very Happy

I see why you all admire Gandalf's Beard. I read it all and was impressed by the effort. Here is my review:

Smile lol! Suspect Suspect Shocked No Shocked No Shocked No affraid No affraid No affraid

Extremely Crabbit Banghead Extremely Crabbit That's NOT what "Elf Friend" MEANS!!! Extremely Crabbit Banghead Extremely Crabbit

If this were ever to fall into PJ's hands.....Evil or Very Mad
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:11 am

David, you, my good sir, are a man of discernment! Very Happy Have you, perchance, given GB a positive review? If you haven't, pleeeease do. He's had a tough trot of late, I'm sure it would please him. I'm not sure if he is able to check the internet all that often, but I'll email him to tell him of any positive reviews (in case he doesn't check). Good chap, that GB, sadly missed. He says one day he'll return, but as I said, he's going through tough times, and we, his Forumshire friends, must be patient. Very Happy

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:51 am

Tinuviel wrote:NO NO NO NO NONONLNONONONONONONONONONONOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST STOP PJ BEFORE I SEND ALL OF VALINOR ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She literally is a female form of Legolas. WHY? If you wanted Legolas in the Hobbit (which they do!) Just give HIM that part, at least it makes SENSE for him to be there. AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I can only imagine then cringe at the possibilities of her character. Watch her fall in love with Bard. I really wouldn't be surprised at this point. Hell, he already has Galadriel cheating on Celeborn with Gandalf. Ew. Worst of all, PJ didn't have a big head when he made LOTR (at least, not as big a head as he does now!) so he actually cared about making it good. Now, he can sit on his comfy director's chair and get fat again because he knows that even if it's horrible, people will still go to see it. Banghead

totally agree! why do we f******* ned a female Legolas!!!?? someone, shake him hard so that PJ wakes up again!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:18 pm

I am just so relieved that the bit about Itaril/Tauril being in love Legolas haven't been confirmed yet. Her being the leader of the guards doesn't bother me at all compared to that...

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:14 pm

I hate the IDEA of Tauriel, its just a terrible idea, I dont like the casting, its absolute crap. She is in no way shape or form an Elf, she is a hollywood hottie surfer chick who kicks a lot of butt. Its horrendous casting, her face is wrong, its going to cheapen the whole look of the film. have I said I hate Tauriel? cos I really really do!

Banghead Banghead Banghead Extremely Crabbit Extremely Crabbit Extremely Crabbit Banghead Banghead Banghead
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:32 pm

I just want to point out that Evangeline Lilly is Canadian like our Leelee who looks quite elven to me Smile
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:54 pm

Sorry David I wasnt attacking her as a person, or an actress, I liked her very much in Lost, I am sure she is a good actress, nor was I Canadian bashing?????? Shocked I had no idea either was Canadian. But she mingles with hollywood so i called her a hollywood hottie sorry if it offends. I am not hating on her personally, honestly, but I really dont think she looks the part at all, she has a modern cast of feature that for me personally, and this is my opinion, sits ill with Tolkien, very ill.
I am sure they chose her for 2 reasons, one she is like Orlando, popular with the yoof market, boys in particular, and two she was Dominics girlfriend and as we all know its about Who you know in the buisness, call me cynical, but I am cynical. I stand by my opinion that her type of features are not classical enough or Elven enough for the role. and I hate the whole Xenaelf rubbish with a passion.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:04 pm

I am really looking forward to the drunken elves scene and Bilbo stealing the keys, I really do hope Tauriel woun't take that place. I don't like this Tauriel Bullshit. I mean, I do understand that they could need a "strong female character", but I don't think a strong female character has to be a kick-ass elf. e.g Arwen is a strong female character because she give up her imortal life for the love of Aragorn. Eowyn wants independence and to be free and equal to men and be recognized. If Tauriel is strong.. will it be because she cought all the 13 dwarves all by her self? because she too can kill an Oliphaunt? I mean srlsy.. u can't have a woman "to be strong" when all she do is kick as. Really.. why can't she be a mother, the mother of Legolas.. or just have more depth to her. Elves are presented as "perfect beings", but there are certainlt characters there. Maybe Tauriel is a nasty elf.. or .. rebelious.... or well.. just something to make her feel... AARGH! how do I say this without being misunderstood. you know how "elrond" elves and "Lorien" elves are all about lore and wisdom and all that. The mirkwood elves are more down to earth. they care more about the present, if you know what I mean. They know songs and old tales, but aren't like lore-masters. so maybe if Tauriel was a bit different or something. A bit mean or... desperate for attention. ass-kisser.. nah, I don't know. But if she was something more than just a kick ass babe, I think I wouldn't have that much of a problem with her, because it would seem that they had worked on the character, not just thrown her in.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:22 pm

Well technically most of the Elves of Mirkwood and Lorien were East-elves, or Silvan Elves -- both realms had an element of Sindarin or Noldorin influence, but Tolkien employed 'most' in Appendix F (if I recall rightly) so I imagine there are plenty of Tawarwaith in Lorien too, if there called Galadhrim or 'Tree folk' rather. Although Mirkwood had no Ring of Power for preservation, admittedly.

I feel sure that Tauriel is holding back her true role in these films. She, herself, is the...

.... Necrodancer of Dol Guldur!

You may now gasp at this revelation about the films, if you must.

Last edited by Elthir on Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:32 pm

I would like to look forward to this character, but I am afraid I am not. I am afraid she will ruin the whole movie Sad
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:36 pm

OMG, it's like so totally NOT NICE to post SPOILERS you know!!11!! Shocked

Heeheehee Necrodancer Laughing

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:39 pm

Norc wrote:I would like to look forward to this character, but I am afraid I am not. I am afraid she will ruin the whole movie Sad

Oh not to worry, Nora. I am sure there will be plenty other things that will ruin the movie as well, not just Tauriel. Banghead

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next