Kafria
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
32 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

News from the set - Page 35 Empty Re: News from the set

Post by Norc Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:57 pm

so true. aaah... Why can't people see that a strong woman don't have to a man's work? she just have to show independence, inner strenght, love, sacrafice, caring, make good choises, standing for who she is and so on. Not just being handy with a knife!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:00 pm

Unless its a kitchen knife of course. Wink

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:01 pm

hold on, I am not saying a woman's place is in the kitchen! that is too old thinking.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:02 pm

Quite right Norc- one must not forget the pantry, the laundry, the nursery and of course when required, the bedroom. Nod

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:08 pm

now u are as bad as the whole "kick-ass"-Tauriel thing.
either she kicks ass and do all the things men do or she do all the things women were to do in the 50's. there is a fine line. Women should choose for them selves. I think u know what I mean. I've explained it several times before in several other threads.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:36 pm

Norc wrote:Women should choose to do for themselves what their boyfriends/husbands/fathers advise is best for them. I think u know what I mean. I've explained it several times before in several other threads, or at least, I meant to.

Hope you don't mind, Norc, but there were some, shall we say, grammatical problems with your last post. I've rectified them for you. No need to thank me. Very Happy

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:38 pm

From a genuine 1960's textbook for girls at secondary svhool. All seems quite right and proper to me. Nod Substitute tea for buckie and I'd marry her!

'When retiring to the bedroom, prepare yourself for bed as promptly as possible. Whilst feminine hygiene is of the utmost importance, our tired husband doesn't want to queue for the bathroom, as he would have to do for his train. But remember to look your best when going to bed. Try to achieve a look that is welcoming without being obvious. If you need to apply face-cream or hair rollers wait until he is asleep as this can be shocking to a man last thing at night. When it comes to the possibility of intimate relations with your husband it is important to remember your marriage vows and in particular your commitment to obey him.

If he feels the need to sleep immediately then so be it. In all things be led by your husband's wishes; do not pressure him in any way to stimulate intimacy. Should your husband suggest congress then agree humbly all the while being mindful that a man's satisfaction is more important than a woman's. When he reaches his moment of fulfillment a small moan from yourself is encouraging to him and quite sufficient to indicate any enjoyment you may have had.

Should your husband suggest any of the more unusual practices be obedient and uncomplaining but register any reluctance by remaining silent. It is likely that your husband will then fall promptly asleep so adjust your clothing, freshen up and apply your night-time face and hair care products.

You may then set the alarm so that you can arise shortly before him in the morning. This will enable you to have his morning cup of tea ready when he awakes. '

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:42 pm

BLURG pale
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:47 pm

Well, it sounds a good better deal than this geography textbook I'm currently revising from; just found out that cyclones are hurricanes? :O Mondays exam will be most interesting. Smile

Still, as a feminist...

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:49 pm

Well they had feminism in the 60's (quite possibly as a result of this text book!) but sound advise for a happy marriage- well half a happy marriage and thats what counts when the woman cant afford to leave and society shames her if she tries! Proper respectable times. Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:49 am

Where and when did things go wrong, Petty? Sad ... ... ... Oh sorry, Mirabella's starting to have an affect me... Shocked

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:55 am

They tricked is in the 70's by burning their bras Orwell. We were so distracted by women in no bras and skin tight lycra that we never noticed what they were up to. Defeated by organised peanut smuggling!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:38 am

After WWII a lot of American GI's chose to marry British women. And a LOT of British women chose to go with them.

It used to puzzle me but it's all clear now! Laughing
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirabella Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:03 am

They betrayed all women, those British floosies! Sad Sad Sad

Woman strong enough to not fear beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:24 am

I'm actually not sure if that's more or less than the "lie back and think of England" mentality from the 1890s (not entirely historically acurate, I'm afraid Razz).

To the sensitive young woman who has had the benefits of proper upbringing, the wedding day is, ironically, both the happiest and most terrifying day of her life. On the positive side, there is the wedding itself, in which the bride is the central attraction in a beautiful and inspiring ceremony, symbolizing her triumph in securing a male to provide for all her needs for the rest of her life. On the negative side, there is the wedding night, during which the bride must pay the piper, so to speak, by facing for the first time the terrible experience of sex.

At this point, dear reader, let me concede one shocking truth. Some young women actually anticipate the wedding night ordeal with curiosity and pleasure! Beware such an attitude! A selfish and sensual husband can easily take advantage of such a bride. One cardinal rule of marriage should never be forgotten: GIVE LITTLE, GIVE SELDOM, AND ABOVE ALL, GIVE GRUDGINGLY. Otherwise what could have been a proper marriage could become an orgy of sexual lust.

On the other hand, the bride's terror need not be extreme. While sex it at best revolting and at worse rather painful, it has to be endured, and has been by women since the beginning of time, and is compensated for by the monogamous home and by the children produced through it. It is useless, in most cases, for the bride to prevail upon the groom to forego the sexual initiation. While the ideal husband would be one who would approach his bride only at her request and only for the purpose of begetting offspring, such nobility and unselfishness cannot be expected from the average man.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:31 am

Explains a lot... me being extraordinary and all... No wonder I'm always fretting over sex... Shocked

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:05 am

Orwell wrote:
Norc wrote:Women should choose to do for themselves what their boyfriends/husbands/fathers advise is best for them. I think u know what I mean. I've explained it several times before in several other threads, or at least, I meant to.

Hope you don't mind, Norc, but there were some, shall we say, grammatical problems with your last post. I've rectified them for you. No need to thank me. Very Happy

I did not write that, that was not what I mean. I do mind. u idiot.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:48 am

Oh dear me... Embarassed I was only trying to help... Shocked

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:51 am

That's the trouble with Young Ladies nowadays, Orwell. Try to fix their "grammar" and they hurl a mouthful of abuse at you... It's this new fangled "Feminism" behind it all. It's all the rage, you know, but it turns all civilized tradition on it's head. Clear antidote to good manners, it is. Rolling Eyes

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:00 pm

careful Orwell you may find a dead Herring Head in your bed one day. They are scaryfying these Vikings. pale
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:35 pm

Eldo- recently read the whole of that article. It was given to a collegue's son as part of one of his A level courses. I forget which or why now, but his mum brought it in and we had a good laugh. Some of the advice later on on the proper way for a wife to discourage her husband is priceless!

Orwell - correcting grammar does not mean changing the meaning to what you think you hear. You want to be careful if you are expecting to hang onto that most popular male award!

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:18 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:careful Orwell you may find a dead Herring Head in your bed one day. They are scaryfying these Vikings. pale

yes we are.. Twisted Evil

Kafria wrote:
Orwell - correcting grammar does not mean changing the meaning to what you think you hear. You want to be careful if you are expecting to hang onto that most popular male award!

So true.. He is definitely not the most popular man acording to my book.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:26 pm

That should be Most Popular Male, Norc, not that we should be pedantic - and btw, if I indulged in some wishful thinking - totally accidentally - while editing your post, surely I can be forgiven that - me being Most Popular Male I mean, though I don't want to keep going on about being Most Popular Male at all, at all. You know, I do wish people would stop bringing it up - that I'm Most Popular Male, that is. Shrugging

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:37 pm

you will be most squeaky voiced male if you carry on like this. have you seen Norcs doggies teeth? What a Face affraid
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirabella Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:50 pm

I think I have, actually... Out the back of a utility, I think... Laughing

Woman strong enough to not fear beauty

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next