Kafria
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
32 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

News from the set - Page 29 Empty Re: News from the set

Post by chris63 Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:50 am

In a recent interview with Empire Magazine, Benedict Cumberbatch spoke about his dual roles in The Hobbit, and let slip a possible spoiler regarding the conclusion of the two-part adaptation.

“I’ll be doing bits on The Hobbit in 2012,” he told Empire. “I’m playing Smaug through motion-capture and voicing the Necromancer, which is a character in the Five Legions War or something which I’m meant to understand. (Laughs) He’s not actually in the original Hobbit. It’s something he’s taken from Lord Of The Rings that he wants to put in there.”

If you’ve read The Hobbit, you know that he is referring to the Battle of the Five Armies. And you’re probably also aware that the Necromancer (whom we all know is the Dark Lord Sauron) is driven out of Mirkwood and sent back to Mordor prior to the great battle; yet based on Cumberbatch’s revelation, it seems like he may make an appearance in the final battle, perhaps as a means of providing a transition from The Hobbit to The Lord of the Rings.

Of course, there’s really only one way to find out for sure whether or not the Necromancer is present during the Battle of Five Armies: we’ll just have to wait until the release of There And Back Again in December 2013.

Motion-capture, i assume thats just for his face. For a horrible minute there i had an image of him running around the set with wings stuck on him Laughing
Sauron at the battle of the five army's. NO NO NO Mad

Last edited by chris63 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:18 am; edited 1 time in total
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:26 am

Bilbo (marty freeman) on the Graham Norton show 2night (BBC1) in the UK. Is this true ?
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:57 am

chris63 wrote:If you’ve read The Hobbit, you know that he is referring to the Battle of the Five Armies. And you’re probably also aware that the Necromancer (whom we all know is the Dark Lord Sauron) is driven out of Mirkwood and sent back to Mordor prior to the great battle; yet based on Cumberbatch’s revelation, it seems like he may make an appearance in the final battle, perhaps as a means of providing a transition from The Hobbit to The Lord of the Rings.

Shocked Mad Evil or Very Mad

Who was it (Petty? Ringdrotten?) who floated this idea before? I had sort of dismissed it largely because I didn't want it to be true, but now.... Mr Cumberbatch is in danger of losing some of my goodwill he's gained through his excellent work on Sherlock, though I suppose I can't really blame him for the way the part was written. Razz Looking at it another way, he's at least giving us some advance warning. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:47 am

Someone mentioned it a long time ago, but I haven't thought of it because I think it is STUPID!! HOW MUCH OF AN IDIOT CAN U POSSIBLY BE?? THE NECROMANCER HASS NOTHING TO DO IN THE BATTLE OF FIVE ARMIES!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:54 am

Extremely Crabbit Extremely Crabbit Extremely Crabbit Extremely Crabbit Extremely Crabbit And if other rumours are true that there might not be any Dain either that leaves us theBattle of 4 a4mies, 13 dwarves 1 hobbit and a Necromancer!! Banghead This time I really am going to !**@! PJ and then I'm going to @!*!% until he sees sense! Nod

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:45 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote: Extremely Crabbit Extremely Crabbit Extremely Crabbit Extremely Crabbit Extremely Crabbit And if other rumours are true that there might not be any Dain either that leaves us theBattle of 4 a4mies, 13 dwarves 1 hobbit and a Necromancer!! Banghead This time I really am going to !**@! PJ and then I'm going to @!*!% until he sees sense! Nod

When you're done with that, will you please re-edit the film for us? This is one of those "Help us Petty Tyrant! You're our only hope!" situations Shocked

Last edited by David H on Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:47 am

I hope there is something left of the book in there to work with David!

ps have you had a look at the Book1 edit on the skydrive?

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:51 am

I haven't had a chance yet. My home connection is abominably slow and prone to crashing, so it may be a few days till I get the chance.
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:59 am

I am having similar frustartions try to upload the parts too! Isnt an affordable high speed, streamng video future supposed to be here by now? Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:06 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote: Extremely Crabbit Extremely Crabbit Extremely Crabbit Extremely Crabbit Extremely Crabbit And if other rumours are true that there might not be any Dain either that leaves us theBattle of 4 a4mies, 13 dwarves 1 hobbit and a Necromancer!! Banghead This time I really am going to !**@! PJ and then I'm going to @!*!% until he sees sense! Nod

battle of four armies... ?? Shocked nooo!!! NO! Evil or Very Mad
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:30 am

I am getting more and more reluctant to see this movie.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:46 pm

chris63 wrote:

“I’ll be doing bits on The Hobbit in 2012,” he told Empire. “I’m playing Smaug through motion-capture and voicing the Necromancer, which is a character in the Five Legions War or something which I’m meant to understand. (Laughs)

I don't know anything about this guy or what he's done, but for Smaug, or any character for that matter, I'd like someone who's actually read the book and know what it is about.

chris63 wrote:
Sauron at the battle of the five army's. NO NO NO Mad

If that happens I won't be responsible for my actions Evil or Very Mad What are they thinking? And what's this about Dain, the rumours about him not going to be in the film, what's that all about? Is it just about Dain the character, or his entire army?

News from the set - Page 29 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:58 pm

There woun't be a battle of FIVE armies if Dain and HIS ARMY is present! what the hell are they thinking! ?!!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:08 pm

Maybe they'll replace Dain's army with an army for the Necromancer. Question
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:09 pm

Oh please NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:09 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:I don't know anything about this guy or what he's done, but for Smaug, or any character for that matter, I'd like someone who's actually read the book and know what it is about.

Perhaps this is wishful thinking, but I wonder if Mr. Cumberbatch isn't just being a smart-ass about this. I really, really hope so, because even if he hasn't read the book (and I know plenty of people involved with both LOTR and this hadn't before production started, though most of the non-fans read the book after getting their jobs) he must have read the script and picked up on this basic plot. I hope (he is also Sherlock Holmes, he should be smart enough!).
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:44 pm

Got to hope there is nothing to this and its all a horrible mistake.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:09 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Got to hope there is nothing to this and its all a horrible mistake.

I thought that was your take on everything relating to these films. Cool
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:14 pm

Only so far. Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:16 pm

HOPEFULLY it's a mistake. He may not know what he's talking about! But seeing what PJ did to Prince Imrahil in ROTK and Tom Bombadil, this doesn't really surprise me. But if the battle that occurs at Dol Guldur is occuring in the battle of 5 armies, what's going on a Dol Guldur? Question Because wouldn't it be more logical to have Sauron fighting in the Battle of Five armies because there is no Dol Guldur?????

PJ WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?????

News from the set - Page 29 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

News from the set - Page 29 Empty news from

Post by leelee Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:36 am

Honestly this is just making me feel like cying. I realize that Peter Jackson , a business man , owes the likes of me nothing, this is just a deal to make himself grand in the eyes of the world, which has happened and will happen, and this is what happens when someone makes a movie who does not revere the author or his work, he who penned the book he is adapting. I understand that. Still, I feel like something lovely has been wiped out of the world and shrouded in a third darkness. And I know he could care less. I guess what truly puzzles me is the people working for him, that vast vast company of people who are part of history and who make a bundle. And the actors, noone seems to care, noone seems to weep for the loss of integrity and honor, everyone seems to be bowing down and chanting 'well done' and 'magnificent' and that is eerie and somehow nightmarish.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:55 am

We were just talking about making old plays relevant in my acting class through interpretation. I feel like many people feel that there is no relevance in the Hobbit to modern day society (which is BS because it's a timeless story!) and therefore it must be changed to address current ways of society. Those current ways being short attention span, extremely high tolerance to violence, and spectacle over story. Even the Oscars are becoming corrupt! I feel only Inividual films really focus on story because of their low budgets. PJ is as mainstream as it gets. Not good.

News from the set - Page 29 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:36 am

I'm not sure why so many people think that The Hobbit (or fantasy in general) should address current issues in society at all. It didn't really address any issues in 1930s society either; let's not that forget that it began as an ambitious bedtime story. I've got nothing address stories that provide social commentary, but I believe that not all stories should do this.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:46 am

Well Martin Freemans interview on Graham Norton was largely a hobbit free zone- one press pic and a few mentions but nothing new or for that matter interesting- he spoke more about Sherlock (harldly suprising on a BBC chat show!). Karen looked great hough as always although I think if you added up all the questions and answers she gave the entire show it made make about 3minutes, maybe 4 of material- am I the only one who longs for the old style chat shows where it wasnt 80% the presenter making jokes and gimmicks and was actual interviews about the person, their life and work?
Come back Parky!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:04 pm

Speaking of Martin Freeman, apparently he told Total Film that

I think he's [Bilbo] had sex. I'm not sure. I'm trying to convince Peter to write that scene in...

(Via NME)

I was a Freeman supporter throughout the casting rumors period and I thought his performance was one of the best parts of the trailer, but I'm feeling my faith shaken now. Crying or Very sad I can only hope that this is just a joke but if it is it strikes too close to home given PJ's LOTR for me to see the humor. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next