Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
David H
23 posters

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Petty's Purist LotR Edits [2] - Page 15 Empty Re: Petty's Purist LotR Edits [2]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:13 pm

Still only parts 1 and 4 up. Mad My connection went down for a couple of minutes when part 2 was at about 70 odd % Extremely Crabbit
So having to start it all over again. Banghead

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by shiggy Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:16 pm

Thank you good sir. You are a champ and a scholar. Surprised

shiggy
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:24 pm

And a drunkard! drunken
Which is just as well or I would have exploded by now, put my boot through my tv, smashed up my pc, found out who at microsoft was responsible for the upload cap on the skydrive (using someones elses pc because Ive smahed mine due to not thinking this out), gone round his house and introdcuced him to just how crabbit their upload limits make me. Twisted Evil

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:03 am

Still trying to upload the bloody thing. Mad

33% of 1 of 2 bits so far.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by shiggy Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:17 am

Keep it up petty! I believe in you!

shiggy
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:36 am

The task is done! cheers All parts uploaded. :carrot:

I look forward to hearing folks opinions.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:10 pm

Nice, Petty Very Happy Just downloaded it and had a quick look at it, but I'll save it for the train I think. Quality looks good Smile

Petty's Purist LotR Edits [2] - Page 15 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:28 pm

Petty I tried to download TH but it asks me for a Microsoft password. I will try to get a hotmail account like you said.
ok done that. which folder is it? there seem to be 5.
book 1, book 2, dw, HDbook3, throughcut.
which one is it? I dont want to spend hours downloading the wrong folder.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by shiggy Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:46 pm

Slow Clap! Cheerleader

shiggy
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by shiggy Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:46 pm

Its called throughcut Mrs. The other ones are the books of LOTR

shiggy
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:50 pm

cool. thanks Shiggy. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:09 pm

As Shiggy says Mrs Figg the folder is called 'throughcut'- there are four files in the folder you will need to download.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:14 pm

ok its taking too long. its says theres 2hours just to upload the first part. Mad its too big.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:17 pm

There are three files of approx 270 meg and one small one of about 7.

The films less than a gig in length- shoudnt take 2 hours a file to download - it's probably lying- they do that a lot pc's about time estimates- on even only a half decent connection shouldnt take more than about 20-30mins max a file.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:04 pm

On the last ones I found that I could speed the download by doing 2 files at once. 3 was too much for my machine though. I'll have to give this new edit a try whenever I can get to a wifi connection.
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:25 pm

My thoughts after watching the newest edit:

First thing I noticed (apart from your by far superior version of the unexpected party), was how you removed Thorin’s muttering from the cave scene when they find the elf-made swords. The scene looks great now. However, there is one bit of Thorin muttering I think would be best kept in the film – his dissatisfaction when he discovers that Gandalf has led them to Rivendell after all. He does state at the ruined farm that he «will not go near that place [Rivendell]», but he doesn’t complain when they suddenly find themselves in the valley. It’s just a suggestion, but for the sake of continuity I think his muttering at the entrance to the hidden valley would be best kept.

Your decision to keep a minor part of the White Council works very well as it explains why Gandalf isn’t with the dwarves in the mountains. And I’m especially glad that you’ve removed that look on Gandalf’s face when he hears that Saruman is present. Now Gandalf just looks surprised, and his relationship to Saruman appears as it should be 60 years before the Fellowship of the Ring.
Speaking of mountains – the stone giants scene is as good as it gets now. In your first edit it ends very abruptly, but now it’s long enough to justify it’s presence, and it ends smoothly. The little bit of drama that’s left in the scene wouldn’t bother anyone I think.

Goblin Town is still a big improvement from the theatrical cut (still very fond of how you cut the "battle scene" after Gandalf’s entrance), but I’m wondering whether there is a chance you could remove the part where the goblin stamps on and destroys Oin’s horn, seeing as he’s still got it when Bilbo returns to the dwarves in the forest outside the mountain? It’s just as annoying as the part in the RotK where the Witch King breaks Gandalf’s staff, and then all of a sudden Gandalf’s got exactly the same staff at the harbours. Continuity was never Jackson’s strongest side, but when it gets that obvious.. Mad

The eagle rescue scene runs surprisingly smoothly – very impressed by how a scene that could’ve been a mess now looks like it hasn’t been touched. Well done! However, if Azog is to turn up in the Battle of Five Armies (which he’s bound to do), I’m wondering if it wouldn’t be best to keep him in the eagle scene after all – if not, it’ll be very odd how Thorin isn’t surprised when he sees him in the Battle of Five Armies. If you could only keep the scene where Thorin gets a glimpse of Azog, that would do it. Then he’ll know that Azog is still alive at least. If keeping that little glimpse ruins the flow of the scene it might not be worth it, though. It’s just a suggestion, however, and for now the scene works excellently, given that we haven’t seen the Battle of Five Armies yet. I guess we’ll have to wait for the two last films to come out before we know what needs to be kept of Azog in the first film in order to prevent loss of continuity. Hopefully the story will work as it is told in your current edit.

On a technical note, the sound is slightly out of synch at around 50/60 mins, but a 0,300sec advancement of audio over video sorts that problem out. Apart from that, the video quality is good. Thanks for sharing, Petty!

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:21 pm

still no joy. it literally has taken 2hours. dammit. Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:25 pm

Thanks for the comments as always Ringdrotten.

You might be right about the grumbling at Rivendell-I opted to play down Thorin's hostility to elves and make it more like suspicion, but not hatred- so in the sword finding scene he looks suitably impresed with having an elven made first age sword- with Rivendell coming quickly after that scene I thought it might seem out of place for him then to be hostile about elves- but I will try it and see how it works.

'the part where the goblin stamps on and destroys Oin’s horn, seeing as he’s still got it when Bilbo returns to the dwarves'

I actually meant to and forgot! Embarassed

Consider it gone when I do the proper HD EE version.

'if Azog is to turn up in the Battle of Five Armies '

He wont be in my version if I have anything to do with it!

But in a sense this one is working in the dark- until I see what the rest of the films are like I dont really know what I'll need story wise- the leaving in of the WC happening is my concession to that.

Pissed that the sounds stilll out- its fine on my uncompressed version but its over 2 gig and I would never have got it uploaded in time for you.
I am looking into another storage means however and one site is looking promising (no upload speed limit) so if it works out I will probably just upload the bigger better quality version there.

Thats a bugger Mrs Figg- wonder why its so slow for you. How long did it take you to download Ringdrotten?

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by shiggy Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:49 pm

It took me 15 minutes. And another 15 to unpack.

shiggy
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:59 pm

That sounds about right to me Shiggy- I have no idea why its so slow for you Mrs Figg- is your internet connection usually that slow for downloading or watching streaming video?

Have you had a chance to watch it yet Shiggy? I'd love to hear your thoughts and any suggestions you might have.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:01 pm

"I actually meant to and forgot!

Consider it gone when I do the proper HD EE version."

Glad to hear it Very Happy

"But in a sense this one is working in the dark- until I see what the rest of the films are like I dont really know what I'll need story wise- the leaving in of the WC happening is my concession to that."

I appreciate that, and I eagerly await the final edit when that day comes - what you've done so far looks very promising Smile As to how long it took me to download the film, I'd say ten-fifteen minutes tops.

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by shiggy Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:04 pm

I've watched half, now I'm doing some Vector Calculus and then some electrical and then watching some hockey tonight. Probably won't see the other half til Tuesday. Looks great though. I agree that the Unexpected party is Extremely well done. Thorin seems alot less like a big hairy dick with daddy issues and more like a dwarf desperate to reclaim his home. I'll do a full break down when i get a chance!

shiggy
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:06 pm

" Thorin seems alot less like a big hairy dick with daddy issues and more like a dwarf desperate to reclaim his home."

That about sums it up, I think Laughing

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:34 pm

No wories Shiggy- I'm sure Vector Calculus is very important, at least I'm sure I will be sure once Ive found out from Halfy or David what the hell it is- I'm guessing its not used much in the brewing of buckie. scratch

But I look forward to your anaysis when it comes.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:20 pm

I like big hairy dicks actually Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg