That siren nurse thing is the creepiest thing I've ever seen pale

Doctor Who - Page 9 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who - Page 9 Empty Re: Doctor Who

Post by Kafria Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:55 pm

Need to watch more Doctor Who! She's not that creepy by Who standards!

(Personal creepiest are the weeping angels! Both of their episodes are worth a go and the first one in particular does not need wacthing in sequence as it stands alone beautifully!)

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:00 am

Kafria wrote:Need to watch more Doctor Who! She's not that creepy by Who standards!

I can imagine, the show has already given me quite a few affraid moments Laughing

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:35 am

"Which one's Amy? The pretty one?"

"HELLO, PRETTY!"

Love the humour in this show lol!

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:39 am

Ringdrotten wrote:"Which one's Amy? The pretty one?"

"HELLO, PRETTY!"

Love the humour in this show lol!

Oh yes! that made me smile just remembering it, may have to rewatch the series myself at this rate!

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:08 am

Glad to see you are enjoying it Ringdrotten. And up to half way through already- I'm impressed. Very Happy When your done I would recommend watching the 2-parter Silence in the Library episode to truely appreciate the River Song thing. That speech she gives to Rory in the opener- about her darkest day- we the viewer have already seen that back in Tennants day as Doctor, and the more you learn about River the more poignant that becomes. But hey thats all timey-wimey for now just enjoy the current ones!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:34 am

Gandalf's Beard wrote: THE DOCTOR WANTS TO SCREW HIS BLOODY WHEELS!!!??? BLOODY M@###!!&&%** F***************K!!!!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

GB

This comment is priceless, now that I know what you're talking about lol! lol! lol!

Petty - I'll have a look the Silence in the Library episodes when I've finished this series Smile Only two more to go now, but I think they'll have to wait until tomorrow. Been watching Doctor Who for almost four hours straight now, that's alot to process for one who's new to the series!

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:43 am

I commend your effort Ringdrottten! Very Happy Welcome to the world of the Doctor. Very Happy

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:53 am

Well, wasn't really an effort, there was this voice in my head that kept saying "Just one more" Wink I guess it wasn't the just the Bold & the Beautiful in space after all then Laughing Enjoyed all the episodes so far, even though the show (really) creeps me out sometimes and sci-fi's never really been my thing.

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 am

And do bear in my mind we make our children watch this from about 5 onwards- kind of a UK rite of passage. Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:00 am

Laughing

Don't think Doctor Who is that big in Norway really, it doesn't even air on any of the Norwegian channels. Got some of the BBC channels, perhaps I should try to catch the show there Smile

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:05 am

With only two to go Id stick with just watching those ones and then when the mood takes you I'd recommend last series, as thats the start of the current doctors run and there are some overreaching plot points still to be resolved from it-plus there really good. Then watch the Tenannt Silence in the library episodes- that should keep you going for a while! Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:21 pm

"the show (really) creeps me out sometimes and sci-fi's never really been my thing"- Ringdrotten

Now you can appreciate why in the UK its often referred to as the show watched 'from behind the sofa'-theres at least 4 generataions grown up terrified by Doctor Who, but not of course of the Doctor, because he's the one the monsters are scared of. Very Happy (And now you can have a greater appreciation of the looks on the kids (and some of the adults) faces when the monsters turn up in the Doctor Who at the Proms clips a few pages back- childhood terrors indeed!)

As to sci-fi- one of the things hardcore scifi buffs complain about with Doctor Who is that its not a proper sci-fi. It doesn't care that much about the sci-fi, just the characters, the sci-fi is just a devise for the circumstances. And unlike say Paramount with Star Trek the BBC have never made technical manuals explaining the sci-fi elements and how the Tardis works- it just does. Same with the sonic-screwdriver. It seems to have an infinite amout of settings and will do anyhting from overload something to unlocking a door to putting up some shelves, basically its a wand. In that sense its as close to fantasy or fairy tale than it is pure sci-fi. The overall premise at its most basic is a mysterious man with magical abilities travels around in a magic box he stole (borrowed/was stolen by!) and rights wrongs. The mad man with a box. More fairy story than sci-fi I would say. A strength over the years I think.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:20 pm

Perhaps that's why I like it more than other sci-fi shows then Smile Will get back to business in a little while, been out fishing all day so need some food first!

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:19 pm

You eating your catch? I do hope your heritage survives and you havent gone all politically correct on us and put the poor things back with a pat on the head. The purpose of fishing is to catch fish. And the purpose of catching fish is to eat fish. I'm a firm believer in that. Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:46 pm

Yeah, nothing's like a freshly caught trout cooked on the campfire Very Happy Sadly, even though we spent 5 hours fishing, we didn't get a single fish, not even a bite Mad

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:18 pm

Fishing is never wasted if the company good, the scenery beautiful and you get some peace and quiet away from everything. Fish or no fish.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:26 pm

Very true Smile The scenery was very nice, and I deeply regretted not bringing my camera when we decided to go for a walk after we were done fishing. We went to the top of this hill, and the view from up there was simply breath-taking. Will make sure to bring a camera the next time I go there Smile Never knew about this beautiful place until today, and I've been living right next to it all my life. It's odd, really, we often go camping/fishing, but I never knew about this place. Nature is full of surprises!

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:49 am

How goes your Who watching Ringdrotten? I ask only because there are a few things I'm dying to discuss, and some of them would be major spoilers and I'm afraid you may inadvertently see something you shouldnt (and I dont want to ruin a thing for you!).

Um how best shall I put what I was thinking about without giving it away - it concerns River's timing at Amy and Rory's wedding at the end of last series with the revelation at the end of this series, and how it seems to clear up a huge anomaly at the time!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:54 am

I've got one episode left, should be plenty of time to watch it tomorrow Very Happy

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:58 am

One episode left! You stopped there? How could you? If I had the last episode there to watch when I saw the end of the one youve watched Id have had to watch it, there and then- you must be made of strong stuff in Norway! Shocked

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:02 am

OOh meant to add if youve only th elast episode of the current run to go you might want to watch this first- a 1min 30 sec prequel they released before the episode was aired.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:03 am

"you must be made of strong stuff in Norway!"

It's the Smalahove, no doubt Laughing

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:07 am

Mmmmm that and a big plate of haggis. Lovely. Now that's eating! Very Happy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haggis

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:07 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:OOh meant to add if youve only th elast episode of the current run to go you might want to watch this first- a 1min 30 sec prequel they released before the episode was aired.

Interesting, thanks for posting Very Happy

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next