Amarië
Pseudo-Kafria
Orwell
odo banks
Pettytyrant101
25 posters

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [2] - Page 15 Empty Re: The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [2]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:08 pm

I'm not a fan of tactical voting- it seems like a bending of the rules- you get a vote to vote for who you thnk will do the best job- decide that and the voting bits easy.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [2] - Page 15 Empty Re: The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [2]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:46 am

Watching a news report on the conviction of the Rusian punk band Pussy Riot.
Should be serious issue I know but they just showed protesters outide the Russian embassy chanting "Free Pussy Riot! Free Pussy Riot!"- couldnt help but laugh sounds like a great offer! Very Happy

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:47 am

I'm not going to say what's on my mind. No. I have more self-control than that.

Neutral
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:49 am

Now I am curious!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:41 am

A racist assualt took place in Devon, England last night.

A police spoksman said "We are keen to speak to a man who appeared to be dressed as a banana."

Now racism is bad in any form, even fruit, but hard not appreciate this particular racists dedication in dressing up as a banana.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:45 am

:carrot:

(Close enough.)
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:56 am

"British workers are "among the worst idlers in the world", a group of Conservative MPs have claimed.
The UK "rewards laziness", does not encourage risk-taking and must strive to emulate the work ethic and low-tax culture in parts of Asia, the five MPs argue in a book due out next month.
"Once they enter the workplace, the British are among the worst idlers in the world," they write. "We work among the lowest hours, we retire early and our productivity is poor."- BBC news

My first point here is that this is rather rich coming from a bunch of wealthy privately educated never done an honest days work in their lives Tory MP's who only attend parliament a couple of times a week (and its free bars and restraunts at tax-payers expense more often) and have a constituency meeting once a month and who have an endless expense account and get payed more than double what most of the rest of us get.

Secondly is blatantly inaccurate.

"We work among the lowest hours"
Under European rules no one is supposed to be made to work more than 48 hours - but the UK has an opt out of that- when I was working in care it was common to be on anything from 4-8 day 12 hours shifts in a row.

"we retire early"
We do? Thats nice to hear as last I checked it was 65 for men and being increased to 67, whereas in France for example it is 62 and they are trying to reduce it to 60.

"our productivity is poor"
What productivity? Last time the Tories were in power they destroyed all our manufacturing- we dont produce anything any more of note- they turned us into a service and banking economy. And we know bankers are hapless, and mainly Tories.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:20 am

I've been told by Australian travellers that it's quite easy to get work in Brittain because the Brits are too lazy to do a lot of the work themselves. Very Happy

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:24 am

Aussies only work bars here- we wont have them anywhere else in case they nick something and we have to deport them again.
And them as barkeeps is fine, as we do prefer to be on the other side of the bar ourselves. Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:12 pm

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [2] - Page 15 Banane
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:59 pm

That's the emoticon I was looking for last night! Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:07 pm

You should never confuse your banana with your carrot Eldo- that sort of thing can be very embarrasing, especially round Daves way.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:11 pm

Look what you've done now, Petty! Dave is going to post more pictures of vegetable genitalia now. {{{I'm not sure if I should be excited or apprehensive about that. Suspect }}}
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:41 pm

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [2] - Page 15 Sexy_fruits_530
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:53 pm

Very Happy That is a smargasborg of rude veg!
Tell me Dave do you sell your carrots in plain discreete packaging?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:34 pm

Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:03 am

I'm quite suspicious of fruit and vegetables nowadays.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:20 am

Then you'll no doubt sympathize with this:

Islamic cleric bans women from touching bananas, cucumbers for sexual resemblance

CAIRO: An Islamic cleric residing in Europe said that women should not be close to bananas or cucumbers, in order to avoid any “sexual thoughts.”

The unnamed sheikh, who was featured in an article on el-Sawsana news, was quoted saying that if women wish to eat these food items, a third party, preferably a male related to them such as their a father or husband, should cut the items into small pieces and serve.

He said that these fruits and vegetables “resemble the male penis” and hence could arouse women or “make them think of sex.” Bikyamasr.com cannot independently verify the accuracy of the news item at time of writing.

He also added carrots and zucchini to the list of forbidden foods for women.

The sheikh was asked how to “control” women when they are out shopping for groceries and if holding these items at the market would be bad for them. The cleric answered saying this matter is between them and God.

Answering another question about what to do if women in the family like these foods, the sheikh advised the interviewer to take the food and cut it for them in a hidden place so they cannot see it.

The opinion has stirred a storm of irony and denouncement among Muslims online, with hundreds of comments mocking the cleric.

One reader said that these religious “leaders” give Islam “a bad name” and another commented said that he is a “retarded” person and he must quite his post immediately.

Others called him a seeker of fame, but no official responses from renowned Islamic scholars have been published on the statements.

David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:29 am

I wonder why he didn't mention potatoes.... scratch

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [2] - Page 15 2977320610103582665S600x600Q85
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:48 am

This all reminds me of my limited understanding of Islam. I watched a Lesbian Muslim doing a Question and Answer session on TV once. It surprised me that a Lesbian woman could see herself as a Muslim. Islam is broader and far more diverse than the Press would lead us to believe.

I read (and have) a book called "Reading Lolita in Tehran" which also opened my eyes to what many women in Islamic countries think and do. It also shows how hypocritical Islamic men are --- they're just like a lot of Christian men, actually.

Anyway, Islam has it's liberal ideas as well (both old and modern). Women don't need to be the chattels or livestock of men to be Muslims. I find that encouraging.

I also think all Clerics/Sages/Leaders should be sacked - whether Islamic or Christian or Hindu or Buddhist or whatever. Let's keep all things Godly betwen the individual and God - and give over saying you know what God wants you to do (and say) to other people! I figure if God wants to kill you or punish you in any way, well, he should get off his fat arse and do it himself and not rely on cowardly intelligent Clerics strapping bombs on intellectually weak brainwashed bombers. If Heaven is so good, why don't Clerics blow themslves up?

(Also, if you get to go to Heaven and have 70 virgins as wives, I can only ask: Why are they still virgins? Very Happy )

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:00 am

Muhammad's wife was a good bit older than him, a widow, and a well off and successful business woman.
He didnt seem to have a problem with it. Its clear in his story he loved her deeply and he consulted her all the time.
Ive never understood how the exreme could take that and cast women in the light they do. But then I can say equally the same about extreme right wing Christian groups.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:48 am

And so can I. Which goes to show it's (at least, theoretically) possible for you and I to agree about something. Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:02 am

He said that these fruits and vegetables “resemble the male penis” and hence could arouse women or “make them think of sex.” Bikyamasr.com cannot independently verify the accuracy of the news item at time of writing.

As opposed to resembling the female penis? scratch
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:38 am

David H wrote:I wonder why he didn't mention potatoes.... scratch

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [2] - Page 15 2977320610103582665S600x600Q85

Touch of sunburn David ? Laughing
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:18 am

Embarassed
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next