Elthir
RA
Bluebottle
Forest Shepherd
Eldorion
25 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 33 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2]

Post by halfwise Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:18 pm

Actually, I went back to TORN, or what I thought was TORN, and couldn't recognize it. Dumping all over the Hobbit. There's even a thread called "Horrible Hobbit".

Am I being hoodwinked? It is www.theonering.com, right? I remembered a '.net' at the end, hence torN, but that's not what comes up.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 33 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2]

Post by halfwise Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:20 pm

Oh, duh, found it. theonering.net has a doppelganger theonering.com. TORN vs TORC, I probably knew this at one time. But for some reason my browser jumped to TORC. I figure it knows me...

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:27 pm

azriel wrote:Hello Malick Wave
Dear Christopher Lee, He is, Im sure, the kind of man that, if he makes a commitment, sees it thru to the end. Didnt he hurt his arm or hand in LOTRs ? broke it ? ( or was that rumour ? ) but anyway, he carried on.

Wave :hug:

Christopher Lee did break his hand on LOTR, trapped in a door I think, you can see the bandages on his hand quite clearly In FOTR, when Saruman is on top of Orthanc calling down the thunder on Mount Cahadras (or whatever it's called), he wasn't alone half the cast were walking wounded by the end of the shoot. I actually find the behind the scenes stuff on the films more fascinating than the films themselves, PJ has promised the possibility of up to 20 HOURS of ADDITIONAL LOTR behind the scenes footage/deleted scenes for the Big Ultimate Snazzy Mega Cool Awesome Comes with More Than One T shirt box set of The Hobbit and LOTR...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:30 pm

TORc is a much nicer place to be if you prefer Tolkien although you still have your fair share of Ass hats who think Peter Jackson farts rainbows and shites gold Like a Star @ heaven What a Face Like a Star @ heaven

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:30 pm

halfwise wrote:Oh, duh, found it.  theonering.net has a doppelganger theonering.com.  TORN vs TORC, I probably knew this at one time.  But for some reason my browser jumped to TORC.   I figure it knows me...

I'm rather surprised TORC remains so active, quite a few Tolkien Forums have shut down over the years Sad If you want a true beacon of crabbit and sarcasm you should check out

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12

some time.

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:31 pm

Sinister71 wrote: Peter Jackson farts and shites gold

If I had as much money as him I'd probably do the same Nod

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:40 pm

What's funny is how TORC and TORN or such polar opposites with nearly the same name. But then, TORN is the polar opposite of nearly every site - not so hard when you're at the starry-eyed extreme.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:44 pm

malickfan wrote:
Sinister71 wrote:And when you show what Tolkien wanted in his letters and written statements TORn staff sends you PM's to "be more pro film, it's really a good thing for us" and "not worry so much about what Tolkien would have wanted". I have several. Sad sad sad just like the Hobbit films Sofa

Really?, That is rather sad...(evidently your opinions have some effect!), I've often wondered why they don't invite the Estate (or a Tolkien scholar) to put across their views, and the evidence for the concerns the 'purists' have clearly and formally, if you don the research yourself it's pretty clear why the Estate and purists have the position they have, sometimes it feels like the mods would rather keep things as a status quo and not provoke any serious debate about the films. Then again I was not around for the original TORn site and the debate over the LOTR changes, I have heard from some of the First Agers on TORn (there are lots of nice people who post there, and I'll never fault a fellow fan for being enthusiastic) things were even worse back then, so it may simply be they don't want to repeat the same mistakes on the new, higher profile website. I'm not sure if any of the Mods/writers on TORn are actually paid for their contribution, but you can't blame them for wanting to keep things professional...

Sadly yes that was the responses I got from mods when people went whining to them because I would research my answers to the regulars.and shove Tolkien's own words in their faces sometimes and they would get pissed and either: A. Not respond B. post some snarky reply and call me a hater or OMG, "purist", or C. rat me out to the mods and call for my head on a stick, I guess

either way doesn't matter I can still read every post on their boards, might not be able to voice my opinion but damn I do get a good laugh at how  brainwashed some of these people are... I see most of those sheep over there are still licking Pj's boots after hearing or even seeing the garbage he bothered to put on screen.

And yes some of their staff get perks like being on set, trips to movie premiers, stuff like that. don't let them lie to you, cause I talked to 3 of them at Dragon-con in Atlanta and found out a great many of the perks "staff" over there get. And was even told by one they keep it pro PJ so they keep getting those perks

Last edited by Sinister71 on Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:48 pm

malickfan wrote:
Sinister71 wrote: Peter Jackson farts rainbows and shites gold

couldn't do it... I am who I am and money would definitely not change me. I'm an asshole and I don't think money amplifies that. Well maybe it does. Nah I like simple things and money couldn't change that, as long as I can support myself and express my creative side I would be happy letting the money rot in the bank. although I will say I wouldn't go without a few new toys.

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:01 pm

Sinister71 wrote:
malickfan wrote:

couldn't do it...  I am who I am and money would definitely not change me. I'm an asshole and I don't think money amplifies that. Well maybe it does. Nah I like simple things and money couldn't change that, as long as I can support myself and express my creative side I would be happy letting the money rot in the bank. although I will say I wouldn't go without a few new toys.

Yeah, in all honesty I'm a rather boring guy and having that much creative freedom and money (not to mention pressure) is not something I'd be able to cope with, simple and sweet that's how I like things.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:07 pm

malickfan wrote:
Sinister71 wrote:
malickfan wrote:

couldn't do it...  I am who I am and money would definitely not change me. I'm an asshole and I don't think money amplifies that. Well maybe it does. Nah I like simple things and money couldn't change that, as long as I can support myself and express my creative side I would be happy letting the money rot in the bank. although I will say I wouldn't go without a few new toys.

Yeah, in all honesty I'm a rather boring guy and having that much creative freedom and money (not to mention pressure) is not something I'd be able to cope with, simple and sweet that's how I like things.

Pressure, I know guys who break legs for a living pirat If I had the money like Jackson has I would have funded the whole thing myself with as little studio involvement and pressure as possible. And gave them a choice of paying me back based on how well the films did WITHOUT their decision making during filming. OR they invest in the film let me make it and I pay them back if it bombs... It's not rocket science and these dumbass bean counters make it harder than it really needs to be...

Hell I'm 6'2" 215lbs (after losing 20 with medical ailments) I ride a Harley, play guitar and hang out with bikers in my spare time, Ive done so much stuff creatively from being road crew for national touring acts, to acting in local musical and regular theater, to working on a fantasy novel and now working on a script for a reboot of the Hobbit (hopefully someday) to a high speed machine operator,( packing things if I told you what was in them you would never eat anything packaged again) and everything in between, currently working as a wire tech for AT&T. I like to do all sorts of things, but when it comes to creativity i don't buckle to pressure no matter how hard it is. I have distant relation with money and don't get the keep up with the Jones mentality. I do what I can do and I do it the best I can, with what I got available to me, but not meaning that because the newest invention it at my disposal I don't think the old way doesn't work anymore. (That's why I have an older Harley, no fuel injection. I will keep my carburetor, thank you) If it ain't broke don't try and fix it LOTR films worked they told the story no reinvention was necessary. But instead we got a complete 180 out of PJ.

I love telling people, who think they can pressure me to kiss my ass Twisted Evil

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:34 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:hey! how did you know it was me? - Figg

I always know! You could have a fake nose and a wig and I'd still spot you. You can change your name but you cant hide the Figgishness beneath Very Happy

really thats odd though scratch was I that sarcastc? or something. Laughing

Anyway I didnt insult, personally attack or bully anyone, and no bad Language, I was relatively polite in the face of insults and constant personal attacks on me, which I brushed off with Mancunian insouciance. I got banned for not liking the film and being pissed off about it. end of story.

didnt even get a warning or nufink No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:39 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:
Pettytyrant101 wrote:hey! how did you know it was me? - Figg

I always know! You could have a fake nose and a wig and I'd still spot you. You can change your name but you cant hide the Figgishness beneath Very Happy

really thats odd though scratch  was I that sarcastc? or something. Laughing  

Anyway I didnt insult, personally attack or bully anyone, and no bad Language, I was relatively polite in the face of insults and constant personal attacks on me, which I brushed off with Mancunian insouciance. I got banned for not liking the film and being pissed off about it. end of story.

didnt even get a warning or nufink No

its because they couldn't make you conform to their way of thinking or be quite Figgs. santa everything has to be like Christmas to a 5 year old over there, and if someones telling the kids Santa santa is not real Shocked , they gotta go Twisted Evil

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:56 pm

Some nice B-roll footage.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:01 pm

Santa isn't real? Shocked  No, don't tell me, Santa is Mrs Figg with a false nose and wig! pale

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:07 pm

Orwell wrote:Santa isn't real? Shocked  No, don't tell me, Santa is Mrs Figg with a false nose and wig! pale

slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:10 pm

yeah those B rolls are fascinating
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:17 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:yeah those B rolls are fascinating

better than watching the actual film IMO

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:18 pm

I think it would be cool to watch them film a scene from start to finish. See everything that's involved in the process.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:22 pm

Orwell wrote:Santa isn't real? Shocked  No, don't tell me, Santa is Mrs Figg with a false nose and wig! pale

Oi! I heard that! Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:38 am

Plus another clip

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 33 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:16 am

Maybe this could be fun. In sort of a "I'm stuffing my face with popcorn and candy and I don't care" kind of way.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by parzival Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:04 am

bungobaggins wrote:Maybe this could be fun. In sort of a "I'm stuffing my face with popcorn and candy and I don't care" kind of way.

Yeah, just gotta throw up your hands and go with it. All the popcorn.
parzival
parzival
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:11 am

Great B-rolls. I like how the making of a film is often a more interesting choice for a movie than the film itself.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:15 am

parzival wrote:
bungobaggins wrote:Maybe this could be fun. In sort of a "I'm stuffing my face with popcorn and candy and I don't care" kind of way.

Yeah, just gotta throw up your hands and go with it.   All the popcorn.  

I'm surprised at how big a "small" popcorn turned out to be. No need to buy a "medium" as I'm not going to eat that much anyway. I always look forward to my overpriced movie theater popcorn. Nod

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next