Elthir
RA
Bluebottle
Forest Shepherd
Eldorion
25 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 18 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2]

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:18 am

Chinese films are some of the most dazzlingly beautiful films I have ever seen. Like 'Hero', or 'Crouching Tiger', 'Kung Fusion', House of Flying Daggers.

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 18 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:28 am

Koeans do really good horror.

A fave of mine- R-Point

Unfortunately the trailer doesnt do it anything like justice, so heres a clip (in Korean mind you but you will get the jist)

Well worth looking out for (but get the subtitled version, dubbing is bad enough in any film, but it kills the tension in a horror something awful)

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:34 am

Memories of Murder was an excellent Korean film that I got to see.

Really though, Chinese audiences are just like American audiences. It's just that they're Chinese, not American.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:06 pm

parzival wrote:Also, Gandalf's "All of middle earth will fall including the shire" and Bilbo's "I will fight to the death" is beyond absurd.

Those lines were not encouraging. No

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:45 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:

Really though, Chinese audiences are just like American audiences.

Isn't that a little unfair to the Chinese audiences? Suspect

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 18 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 18 UJpDi Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 18 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:49 pm

bungobaggins wrote:
parzival wrote:Also, Gandalf's "All of middle earth will fall including the shire" and Bilbo's "I will fight to the death" is beyond absurd.

Those lines were not encouraging. No

Not at all

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:01 pm

David H wrote:
Forest Shepherd wrote:

Really though, Chinese audiences are just like American audiences.

Isn't that a little unfair to the Chinese audiences? Suspect
It's good and bad. They both have their own types of values and their own culture, but they're also both just people trying to do well in life and many of whom think they are better than the rest of the world.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:10 pm

This is why I reckon the internet will prove to the biggest change in humanity since someone thought it might be a good idea to bang together two of those rocks that make the magic sparks over a pile of dry grass, and then afterwards had the genius to wonder what sabre-tooth cat would taste like cooked over it.

'they're also both just people trying to do well in life and many of whom think they are better than the rest of the world.'- Forest

Im hoping in time the internet will solve that last one you see, along with the ability of a government to ever again convince their people that its ok to kill the people over there because they 'are not like us.'
Thats one thing the internet has quickly proved- we are all like us, we all a bit mad in our own way, and everywhere you find the same sort of mix of people with the same sort of worries, fears, hopes and dreams. The same frailties the same strengths.
With any luck it will kill the stupidity of racism stone dead too.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:15 pm

We shall see. Perhaps it will simply magnify the traits we already have.

One can hope, however, that if we're really lucky, and things turn out really well, that it will help more people know about the positive power of crabbit. Smile

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:08 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:
It's good and bad. They both have their own types of values and their own culture, but they're also both just people trying to do well in life and many of whom think they are better than the rest of the world.

Yeah, it seems wherever you go in the world, the majority of people couldn't care less about politics and the things we see on the news.
What people everywhere primarily want is security, the assurance that there will be food and shelter for their families and education for their children. The rest is just window dressing.

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 18 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 18 UJpDi Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 18 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:37 pm

Best way to get to know foreigners is to go to grad school. Nod Puts everyone on the same footing. There's a big difference between tourists and those who come to live for some time. Those who plop themselves down to stay in a new culture usually come across as admirably cheeky buggers. I think it comes from getting an outside view of a system the locals take for granted. The cheekiest usually come from communist countries: they are so used to doing an end-run around their own system, that when they go elsewhere and view a society with unfettered eyes, it looks fresh and ripe for the picking. Fun people to hang out with.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:15 pm

yeah security and wifi. Nod thats all you need.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:21 pm

Well, you've got one of those at least...

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:39 pm

No I know, and not the most important one. Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:00 pm

Razz

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:06 pm

Evangeline Lilly- 'This team of writers - Peter, Fran [Walsh] and Philippa [Boyens] - are the most collaborative, open, generous team of writers I've ever encountered in ten years in the business. From the very beginning, they said, 'We've scratched out what this character's going to be, but we actually haven't made anything solid because we're waiting to see who we cast. And hopefully that person will help us build the character,'" she explained to Total Film magazine.

"I've had an amazing time figuring out with them who she is. I think that she is a character that for the rest of my life I'll be really proud to have played. The idea of being a part of cinema history is really exciting."

Or in other words they hadn't a clue who she was or what to do with the character when they started shooting the film and shoe-horned the idea into the plot and then they just made it up as they went along. Mad Does explain a lot however. Including that they obviously couldn't actually think of anything for her to do and had to fall back at the last minute on the worst trope there is, the forbidden love triangle.

Peter Jackson- 'We're developing more story with the elves and with Gandalf. We're developing the character of Bard the Bowman [Luke Evans]. We're able to expand what was there, bring in a little bit extra to the mythology and open it up a bit."

Aww fuck! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:09 pm

wow. 10 out of 10 for spin. Evangeline Lilly the new queen of spin.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:30 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:wow. 10 out of 10 for spin. Evangeline Lilly the new queen of spin.

:facepalm:

queen Queen of Shite queen ... IMO

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:34 pm

Ive helped her out by reading between the lines-

'This team of writers - Peter, Fran [Walsh] and Philippa [Boyens] - are the most ill-prepared, taciturn, desperate for help team of writers I've ever encountered in ten years in the business. From the very beginning, they said, 'We've no idea what this character's going to be, and all we know is that she is an elf and female because we're waiting to see who we cast, in case it was a man. And hopefully that person will help us come up with a character, and maybe a plot for her, oh, and all her words, because we really haven't got a clue, Fran just thought saying 'feminine energy' a lot in the marketing campaign would make us more money,'" she explained to (Not) Total Film magazine.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:40 pm

Yes, that does strike me as more honest.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:40 pm

Thats nearer the truth Nod

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 18 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 18 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:50 pm

I think they had some idea of what to do with Tauriel, it involved the excuses words 'Money' and 'Appendices'...

Anyone remember that Tinkerbell comment by Lilly? Rolling Eyes

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:54 pm

well its about as accurate as PJ's stance on there being "125 pages of Appendices" that tie LOTR and the Hobbit together. That are part of the rewrite that Tolkien had planned but never got to...

But people believe that shite Shrugging

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:58 pm

Sinister71 wrote:well its about as accurate as PJ's stance on there being "125 pages of Appendices" that tie LOTR and the Hobbit together. That are part of the rewrite that Tolkien had planned but never got to...

Well, there are 125 pages of Appendices, the binding on the paper is normally split over a few dozen pages and stitched/glued to another bundle of pages which in tun 'ties LOTR together' so he is half right Wink

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:11 pm

malickfan wrote:
Sinister71 wrote:well its about as accurate as PJ's stance on there being "125 pages of Appendices" that tie LOTR and the Hobbit together. That are part of the rewrite that Tolkien had planned but never got to...

Well, there are 125 pages of Appendices, the binding on the paper is normally split over a few dozen pages and stitched/glued to another bundle of pages which in tun 'ties LOTR together' so he is half right Wink

THAT is about the only way he was right.... But I found it funny when I posted on TORn how many of the sheep people believed there was that much material in the appendices without question. Or at least reading it for themselves to see how little material there really is in the appendices that relates to the Hobbit or ANY of the characters in it. I mean I printed it out and showed them, with facts that there was less than 12 pages of material related and they still argued about it. (we need a sheep emoticon just cause their cute, nothing else  Twisted Evil )

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next