Elthir
RA
Bluebottle
Forest Shepherd
Eldorion
25 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 32 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2]

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:59 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Your purist edit is going to be very short...- Malick

Yes based on evidence so far even out of the existing edit I will be losing the flashback scene at the party- no need to set  up the windlance thing at all it seems, no need for the WC stuff or Gandalf going to Dol Guldur if thats how it plays out, so no need to introduce Radagast either-and thats before I even start on the last film.

the fuckers have banned me again.- Figg

Ferny or something was it?

hey! how did you know it was me? Shocked scratch
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 32 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2]

Post by parzival Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:00 pm

malickfan wrote:
My biggest problem was the winking at the audience feel of it 'Hey, remember these guys and that music from the other films? You know LOTR, that film featuring THE RING...'

The action in these films has become so overtly telegraphed by the score that it nearly threatens to topple over into parody.  Sauron is talking, cue Ring theme.  Poor Galadriel, cue her theme.  The Nazgul are appearing, let's do their theme too but with something cool, like an organ.  Wait, is that Elrond? CUE VARIATION ON RIVENDELL THEME!!
parzival
parzival
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:04 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:only that scene plays out because we all know Bilbo has the RING!! Rolling Eyes  its all about the freaking Ring. So Bilbo being heroic. Not so much. Mad  But still. its a lot better than Dooglydoor.

yep its all about the ring that was my thought too. even listen to the music you start hearing the rings theme creep into the music. I heard the first part of the film is great (which I do not believe) and the last2/3 to half of it is garbage.

Thank god I ain't wasting my money going to see it. I may never see it. Well anything but petty's 5 minute purist edit, if he can figure out a way to cut Legolas out or keep Tauriel from crying over Kili.

Hell I hear Beorn doesn't even get 5 minutes in the film but we get a ton of Leglas and Tauriel damn Peter Jackson really has lost his fooking mind.

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:08 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I got banned- but I then I used the power of crabbit and they reinstated me Nod

Shocked

Your reputation precedes you!

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:10 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:FernysApple. but I didnt DO anything. Rolling Eyes rabbit

Ah...reading through Fernys posts I'm not surprised why 'he' got banned, too much of an opinion Rolling Eyes

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by parzival Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:15 pm

Here's a new clip that stands out like a sore thumb, because it looks like they shot the outdoor scene actually outdoors with no greenscreen. It does look great though.

parzival
parzival
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:19 pm

parzival wrote:Here's a new clip that stands out like a sore thumb, because it looks like they shot the outdoor scene actually outdoors with no greenscreen.  It does look great though.  

I liked that scene, though I'm getting rather tired with 'relatively slow zoom into a Actors face as he turns around and makes a dramatic quip or two' shots, I'm still not overly pleased with such a young Bard (as far as I can remember there isn't a birth-date listed for him, I just pictured him to be older...) but Luke Evans does turn in a good performance.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:27 pm

Eldorion wrote:

4. "You should have stayed dead."  Who rights these lines?  Oh wait. Mad

From the same brilliant minds that brought us such memorable quips as, "You like killing things? You like death? Then let me give it to you!"

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:27 pm

malickfan wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:the fuckers have banned me again. Very Happy  thats  x 4  Basketball

Suspect pub slap laugh :hug:  Shocked

What was you most recent username? I'm be curious as to see why...

Other than you and Sin I don't know anyone else who has been banned...

Hell I got a life time ban right off the rip, first time and when I emailed the bastards, they never bothered to respond. Which from a former forum mods opinion is rude and disrespectful... Oh well I don't care that's why I have 3 different IP addresses I can use, not to mention cell signal if I want. Hell i only go over there once a month or so to watch all the Peter Jackson boot licking going on and see the sheep who wouldn't know what middle earth looked like if it weren't for Peter Jackson. P...A...T...H...E...T...I...C I find that site laughable at best

Joke..... How many people does it take to kiss Peter Jackson's ass?

Answer..... insert disposable TORn comment here.

hey maybe that's why i got banned and they wont let me back hmmmmmm? could be

I found a better home here anyways

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by parzival Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:28 pm

Hands down his performance is one of the best.
parzival
parzival
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:29 pm

bungobaggins wrote:
Eldorion wrote:

4. "You should have stayed dead."  Who rights these lines?  Oh wait. Mad

From the same brilliant minds that brought us such memorable quips as, "You like killing things? You like death? Then let me give it to you!"

Didn't they get an Oscar Oscars for that one?

That's right, NO THEY DIDN"T slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:32 pm

parzival wrote:Here's a new clip that stands out like a sore thumb, because it looks like they shot the outdoor scene actually outdoors with no greenscreen.  It does look great though.  

I actually like this seen I like character moments like this, thank god its not some OTT action piece

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:34 pm

malickfan wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:http://uk.ign.com/videos/2014/12/02/the-hobbit-the-battle-of-the-five-armies-im-not-alone-clip

Well, that was crap...

yeah that was pretty bad

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:46 pm

parzival wrote:Hands down his performance is one of the best.  

My favourite performance is probably Ken Sott's, quite and understated, but wonderfully measured and more or less what I'd always pictured Balin as (a slightly befuddled santa claus out of his depth), it must have been a bit of a shock for the Dwarves Actors as most of them came from TV productions.

The worst is probably Steven 'The same smarmy posh bloke in everything' Fry.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:48 pm

Saruman: Are you in need of assistance, my lady. *tips fedora*

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:50 pm

Sinister71 wrote:
malickfan wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:the fuckers have banned me again. Very Happy  thats  x 4  Basketball

Hell I got a life time ban right off the rip, first time and  when I emailed the bastards, they never bothered to respond. Which from a former forum mods opinion is rude and disrespectful... Oh well I don't care that's why I have 3 different IP addresses I can use, not to mention cell signal if I want. Hell i only go over there once a month or so to watch all the Peter Jackson boot licking going on and see the sheep who wouldn't know what middle earth looked like if it weren't for Peter Jackson. P...A...T...H...E...T...I...C I find that site laughable at best

TORn, like us, owes ts existence to the film, and thrives on contacts and news from the films, you can't blame them for staying on the safe side and being pro-film, even if it is sometimes hard to justify the overly cautious mods on the site (perhaps I've been spoilt by Eldo and Petty's liberal modding here...) I'm glad the site exists, it's a family friendly, very popular site that provides a beacon of news and focus for the wider Tolkien community. That said I hope they don't try and rebrand themselves after BOTFA is out, and I definitely won't support the Silmarillion petition they are likely to push for at some point...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:50 pm

malickfan wrote:

My favourite performance is probably Ken Sott's, quite and understated, but wonderfully measured and more or less what I'd always pictured Balin as (a slightly befuddled santa claus out of his depth), it must have been a bit of a shock for the Dwarves Actors as most of them came from TV productions.

I think most of the actors that they picked are great in their own right. I completely agree on Balin his casting was perfect. I like the closeness that he and Bilbo get. I just saw an ad for Jimmy Nesbit's new show called "The Missing" and Ken Stott is on the next episode and so is Adam Brown from the looks of someone I saw on the screen, Course it may have been the drugs talking but I know Stott is on it

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:53 pm

Sinister71 wrote:
malickfan wrote:

I think most of the actors that they picked are great in their own right. I completely agree on Balin his casting was perfect. I like the closeness that he and Bilbo get. I just saw an ad for Jimmy Nesbit's new show called "The Missing" and Ken Stott is on the next episode and so is Adam Brown from the looks of someone I saw on the screen, Course it may have been the drugs talking but I know Stott is on it

Yeah, they are currently showing that in the UK, I haven't been watching it, but both Stott and Nesbitt are widely (and rightly) respected as talented character actors in the UK (surprised they haven't appeared in Dr Who yet...) and they certainly bring alot to the table in TH, even if they don't perhaps have the amount of dialogue they could do...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:58 pm

Ken Stott has been in the business for quite a while now & is very good and believable in his character roles. The guys playing Kili & fili (Im passed caring of their names ) are to young for Dwarves & have that "Im from TV " feel, I like Luke Evans & I liked him in the "Dracula Untold" film. Christopher Lee looks "guided" to me ? Is it all too much for him ?

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 32 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 32 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:01 pm

malickfan wrote:
Sinister71 wrote:
malickfan wrote:

Hell I got a life time ban right off the rip, first time and  when I emailed the bastards, they never bothered to respond. Which from a former forum mods opinion is rude and disrespectful... Oh well I don't care that's why I have 3 different IP addresses I can use, not to mention cell signal if I want. Hell i only go over there once a month or so to watch all the Peter Jackson boot licking going on and see the sheep who wouldn't know what middle earth looked like if it weren't for Peter Jackson. P...A...T...H...E...T...I...C I find that site laughable at best

TORn, like us, owes ts existence to the film, and thrives on contacts and news from the films, you can't blame them for staying on the safe side and being pro-film, even if it is sometimes hard to justify the overly cautious mods on the site (perhaps I've been spoilt by Eldo and Petty's liberal modding here...) I'm glad the site exists, it's a family friendly, very popular site that provides a beacon of news and focus for the wider Tolkien community. That said I hope they don't try and rebrand themselves after BOTFA is out, and I definitely won't support the Silmarillion petition they are likely to push for at some point...

But there is a difference between being pro film and licking his boots not to mention booting out anyone who has a strong case against his films. Who backs up most claims by facts instead of just blindly following along like mindless sheep. it takes rocking the boat sometimes to get people to think for themselves. which does stir up good debate, but when the film side starts losing thats when the mods put a squash on things over there.

Fact is TORn get exclusives from Jackson and WETA and WB, without their constant ass licking they wouldn't get that stuff. I'm sorry but I still have a spine left and refuse to sink to that level of fanboyism to get perks. Sites like these should get the same info TORn does but they don't, TORn is the only one. Why? because they are pro Jackson instead of pro Tolkien. And when you show what Tolkien wanted in his letters and written statements TORn staff sends you PM's to "be more pro film, it's really a good thing for us" and "not worry so much about what Tolkien would have wanted". I have several. Sad sad sad just like the Hobbit films Sofa

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:03 pm

azriel wrote:Ken Stott has been in the business for quite a while now & is very good and believable in his character roles. The guys playing Kili & fili (Im passed caring of their names ) are to young for Dwarves & have that "Im from TV " feel, I like Luke Evans & I liked him in the "Dracula Untold" film. Christopher Lee looks "guided" to me ? Is it all too much for him ?  

Unfortunately Christopher Lee is 92 years, and it seems he is beginning to feel it, he only shot 4-6 days on The Hobbit back in 2011 (I really respect PJ for rejigging the shoot just to film his scenes in another country, it would have been much easier and cheaper to recast) and hasn't spent longer than a week filming for a role in several years, it simply seems age is catching up to him Sad

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:05 pm

hey! how did you know it was me? - Figg

I always know! You could have a fake nose and a wig and I'd still spot you. You can change your name but you cant hide the Figgishness beneath Very Happy

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:09 pm

Sinister71 wrote:And when you show what Tolkien wanted in his letters and written statements TORn staff sends you PM's to "be more pro film, it's really a good thing for us" and "not worry so much about what Tolkien would have wanted". I have several. Sad sad sad just like the Hobbit films Sofa

Really?, That is rather sad...(evidently your opinions have some effect!), I've often wondered why they don't invite the Estate (or a Tolkien scholar) to put across their views, and the evidence for the concerns the 'purists' have clearly and formally, if you don the research yourself it's pretty clear why the Estate and purists have the position they have, sometimes it feels like the mods would rather keep things as a status quo and not provoke any serious debate about the films. Then again I was not around for the original TORn site and the debate over the LOTR changes, I have heard from some of the First Agers on TORn (there are lots of nice people who post there, and I'll never fault a fellow fan for being enthusiastic) things were even worse back then, so it may simply be they don't want to repeat the same mistakes on the new, higher profile website. I'm not sure if any of the Mods/writers on TORn are actually paid for their contribution, but you can't blame them for wanting to keep things professional...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:10 pm

Hello Malick Wave
Dear Christopher Lee, He is, Im sure, the kind of man that, if he makes a commitment, sees it thru to the end. Didnt he hurt his arm or hand in LOTRs ? broke it ? ( or was that rumour ? ) but anyway, he carried on.

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 32 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 32 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:12 pm

malickfan wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:FernysApple. but I didnt DO anything. Rolling Eyes rabbit

Ah...reading through Fernys posts I'm not surprised why 'he' got banned, too much of an opinion Rolling Eyes

Oh please, I want a recap! What was the opinion about, precisely? Where do I find this delicacy?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next