Elthir
RA
Bluebottle
Forest Shepherd
Eldorion
25 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 30 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2]

Post by Tinuviel Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:31 pm

Turns out my sorority big sister was at the premiere! SHE WAS SO CLOSE TO PJ! She's studying abroad in Scotland and she just happened to be in London today so she and friend went to the premiere. Lucky. I would've liked to throw something at PJ if I was as close as she was.

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 30 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 30 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2]

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:46 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:So, does that mean you are still scrubbing my barrel or not?

not
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:51 pm

Maybe it's a good thing you weren't there then, Tin. Razz

And I didn't know you're in a sorority; congrats!
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:56 pm

I was reading just now some of the fans who turned up at the premiere were actually invited into the screening at the last minute, a friend of mine went along to get signatures (he being the same friend I mentioned the other day) he's a huge fan of the films and wants to go into the industry, he got some signatures but wasn't amongst those invited in, it's hard to tell if he'll be overjoyed or really pissed...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:16 pm

so this is all the young have to aspire to nowadays... being the new PJ... :facepalm:

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:28 pm

Orwell wrote:so this is all the young have to aspire to nowadays... being the new PJ... :facepalm:  

Whilst I disagree with and outright dislike alot of Jackson's choices as a filmmaker, it's very hard not to respect the man, considering he's basically single handedly built New Zealand's modern film industry, it's very clear his heart (if not perhaps his brain  Razz ) is in the right place with these films, he puts a hell of a lot of effort into making these films and interacting with the fans, and still finds time for normal family life and running several film companies, it's not something anyone could do.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by parzival Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:53 pm

malickfan wrote:Whilst I disagree with and outright dislike alot of Jackson's choices as a filmmaker, it's very hard not to respect the man, considering he's basically single handedly built New Zealand's modern film industry, it's very clear his heart (if not perhaps his brain  Razz ) is in the right place with these films, he puts a hell of a lot of effort into making these films and interacting with the fans, and still finds time for normal family life and running several film companies, it's not something anyone could do.

I will always respect Jackson for bringing LOTR to life. One's past successes shouldn't get buried, and you're right that his accomplishments are pretty stellar. Still I feel a deep sense of loss for what could have been with TH films, and I'm really frustrated with the decisions he's made. It's extremely perplexing.
parzival
parzival
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:03 am

In case anyone is wondering where the last couple posts went, I split the ones relating to professional critic reviews out of this thread and into their own new one.

http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/t1098-critics-review-the-battle-of-the-five-armies
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:14 am

Eldorion wrote:Maybe it's a good thing you weren't there then, Tin. Razz

And I didn't know you're in a sorority; congrats!

Thanks Eldo Kissing

And I used to want to be like Peter Jackson once a looooonnnnnngggggg time ago. In fact I still kind of want to be simply because he is so involved in every aspect of his films, from music to script. That's a nice deal there.

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 30 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:24 am

It was watching the LOTR-EE documentaries that sparked my interest in movies and how they are made, too, and PJ was a model for my day-dreaming as well. You're right about how involved he gets in the production, and I do respect that too. It's pretty remarkable how much of the spirit of independent filmmaking he was able to preserve when shooting LOTR (and I suppose TH too, though I haven't seen as much behind-the-scenes stuff from the second trilogy).
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:10 am

She's studying abroad in Scotland- Tin

One of your Ladies in waiting is in Scotland! Whats she studying? Kilts or buckie? Or both?

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:17 am

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:23 am

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:27 am

Interesting both the actors interviewed refer to the film as being the final pieces falling into place- I detect some studio red carpet media coaching! Suspect

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:33 am

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 30 Tumblr_nfx355ARuT1t96inzo1_400

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 30 Tumblr_nfx8a0xb841t6saleo1_500

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 30 Tumblr_nfx8a0xb841t6saleo2_500

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:38 am

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 30 6C5UpHP

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:46 am

lol!

I actually burst out laughing when I saw that GIF. Thank you for using it again, bungo. I love you
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:49 am

Same! That's priceless!!!!! lol! lol!

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:16 pm

parzival wrote:
malickfan wrote:Whilst I disagree with and outright dislike alot of Jackson's choices as a filmmaker, it's very hard not to respect the man, considering he's basically single handedly built New Zealand's modern film industry, it's very clear his heart (if not perhaps his brain  Razz ) is in the right place with these films, he puts a hell of a lot of effort into making these films and interacting with the fans, and still finds time for normal family life and running several film companies, it's not something anyone could do.

I will always respect Jackson for bringing LOTR to life.  One's past successes shouldn't get buried, and you're right that his accomplishments are pretty stellar.  Still I feel a deep sense of loss for what could have been with TH films, and I'm really frustrated with the decisions he's made.  It's extremely perplexing.  

I feel the same way.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:19 pm

lol! Bungo
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:22 pm

Eldorion wrote:It was watching the LOTR-EE documentaries that sparked my interest in movies and how they are made, too, and PJ was a model for my day-dreaming as well.  You're right about how involved he gets in the production, and I do respect that too.  It's pretty remarkable how much of the spirit of independent filmmaking he was able to preserve when shooting LOTR (and I suppose TH too, though I haven't seen as much behind-the-scenes stuff from the second trilogy).

I agree Eldo. you kind of put things into perspective, and it makes me remember how much I used to admire him. Its easy to get carried away with the cynical stuff in the face of TH, but I too admire what he has achieved, and I will Always thank him for LOTR.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:41 pm

I will Always thank him for LOTR.- Figg

And for balance I always be crabbit about his LotR's too. Its where the rot began Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:26 pm

Thumbs Up Mrs Figg
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by parzival Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:33 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:And for balance I always be crabbit about his LotR's too. Its where the rot began Mad

But at least they were excellent films in their own right.
parzival
parzival
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:37 pm

I don't expect Petty to agree, but I think that's very true (despite the various criticisms that can be made of the LOTR trilogy).
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next