Elthir
RA
Bluebottle
Forest Shepherd
Eldorion
25 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 28 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2]

Post by bungobaggins Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:54 pm

More from dcole. Teasers and trailers vs final film.

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=802257;guest=125847991#802257

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 28 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2]

Post by malickfan Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:54 pm

bungobaggins wrote:The final trailer made it look like the movie might at least be fun. But all this does not sound fun. It sounds like it's going to be a straight up bad movie.

The person who posted that review did say the film was really good and fun until the actual battle hits it stride which is kinda ironic considering the title.

But I really wouldn't expect to feel any different about BOFTA at this point, Jackson isn't suddenly going to change the way he films or structures his 'adaptations' and I don't expect to suddenly get excited three years too late...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:56 pm

bungobaggins wrote:More from dcole. Teasers and trailers vs final film.

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=802257;guest=125847991#802257

Jackson looked absolutely exhausted in a recent interview, perhaps there were problems in the edit or notes from the studio asking him to reshape the final cut?

Jackson is a very independent filmaker, but alot of the changes I'm hearing seem like the studio leaning on him...

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:58 pm

I don't know what to say. I sat through DOS somehow, I don't think I can sit through this.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:59 pm

Wait for the purist edit Bungo- by the sounds of things it'll only be about ten minutes long!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:00 pm

bungobaggins wrote:I don't know what to say. I sat through DOS somehow, I don't think I can sit through this.

Treat it a very bad joke, and be thankful for the knowledge it's almost over.

You never know you may end up enjoying it, AUJ is generally considered the worst of the films by the fans, but I enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than DOS.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:09 pm

I'll watch the movie -- it's not like 2.5 hours is a huge commitment of time or anything -- but the battle sounds worse than we were worrying it would be, which is saying something considering how down on the movies this forum has become over the years. Razz

I suspect that this will go even further than DOS in ending the myth that The Hobbit movies are faithful adaptations, so there's a silver lining to it all, not that I think it should have taken this level of absurdity for people to acknowledge it the differences.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:13 pm

the love triangle is still there. Kili confesses he loves Tauriel in dwarvish. Legolas later says he loves Tauriel when discussing his father with her. - dcole

Oh dear Eru!!! Evil or Very Mad

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:23 pm

I'm out. I look forward to reading your reviews. Toodles!

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:24 pm

I do hope you mean just out of the film not the forum!! Shocked

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:32 pm

it's not like 2.5 hours is a huge commitment of time or anything- Eldo

Really? So why haven't you watched any of the purist edits still. Suspect Its only been about 5 years!! Banghead

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:33 pm

Yeah, I hope you'll stick around bungo. I love getting to discuss the films with all you guys on here (considerably more than I've enjoyed watching the first two), and I'd hate for that to not be possible this year.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:33 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Really? So why haven't you watched any of the purist edits still. Suspect  Its only been about 5 years!! Banghead  

I have watched parts of them. Suspect
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:35 pm

That doesnt count Mad - the edits change the fundamental nature of some characters and their motivations, like Aragorn and Arwen, and therefore have to be seen in context and order.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:42 pm

bungobaggins wrote:
Pettytyrant101 wrote:From a post on ToRN by poster Dcole4 who says they have seen the film (I rather hope they havent given the description Mad ).
Basically they like the first half and the build up, then it all goes horribly cgi pear shaped-

Spoiler:

Oh dear oh dear  Evil or Very Mad

Now I'm just depressed. I don't even want to get out of bed. I think I will pass on this movie if all of this is true.

My sentiments exactly, from reading that I don't even think I have the will to finish this trilogy. I might say fuck it and save monet that just sounds like a waste to me pale

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:54 pm

Sinister71 wrote:
bungobaggins wrote:
Pettytyrant101 wrote:From a post on ToRN by poster Dcole4 who says they have seen the film (I rather hope they havent given the description Mad ).
Basically they like the first half and the build up, then it all goes horribly cgi pear shaped-

Spoiler:

Oh dear oh dear  Evil or Very Mad

Now I'm just depressed. I don't even want to get out of bed. I think I will pass on this movie if all of this is true.

My sentiments exactly, from reading that I don't even think I have the will to finish this trilogy. I might say fuck  it and save monet that just sounds like a waste to me pale

You've come this far you might as well see things out.

At this rate it will be just me brave/stupid enough to go and see it...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:57 pm

I have to go see it too Malick, its in my stupid bloody NotP contract to do the review. Evil or Very Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:59 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I have to go see it too Malick, its in my stupid bloody NotP contract to do the review.  Evil or Very Mad

It would probably be best if you see it three or four times, got to get the details right after all Nod

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:00 pm

bungobaggins wrote:I don't know what to say. I sat through DOS somehow, I don't think I can sit through this.

Again I am with you Bungo, Jackson and WB won't even get my 5 dollar matinee contribution this time around. I mean serious why waste the money on a garbage film that considered none of the originals traits when putting this whole "we need a trilogy" nonsense together. It gave them ample time to tell the story Tolkien intended with the inclusion of the appendices and we get fucking NONE OF IT!!!!!! Banghead Extremely Crabbit Extremely Crabbit Extremely Crabbit Extremely Crabbit Extremely Crabbit Extremely Crabbit Banghead

Personally I'm not going and I'm gonna talk as many people I can out of going to it. I mean fuck it dvds come out in just a few months anyways so I'll just borrow it and watch it then so as I don't give a single penny to anyone associated with this film. I'll still hang here to get the scoop and find out how truly appalling this steaming pile of shite is. I am officially done with these hobbit films... here's to looking forward to a remake sooner than later

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:01 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote: If there is no comparison to make how can I have been making the same complaints about LotR's as with TH before TH films even existed?

I too think: same cooks, same soup... although obviously it's not nearly as simple as a four word generalization like that. But with The Lord of the Rings films my great groans began soon enough after the pure visual of Gandalf riding his cart into... ahem... the Shire.

I've just seen the opinion that, despite other arguable problems to date, Jackson's Bilbo is more like Tolkien's Bilbo than Jackson's Frodo is like Tolkien's Frodo. Agree or disagree, that's just one example of how complicated and subjective it can get.

Last edited by Elthir on Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:03 pm

It would probably be best if you see it three or four times, got to get the details right after all- Malick

Well thanks to the contracts mandatory and legally bidding Clockwork Orange style eye opening glasses I have to wear the full detailed horror is usually burned straight onto my retina, where it hangs about for days as a particularly unpleasant and unwanted after image. Evil or Very Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:04 pm

Ps... someone needs to copy and paste the second review from that other site so I can read it and get really pissed off. I can't get on the other place right now cause of cell phone issues. Other wise I normally get on there at least once a month so I can laugh at all the sheep

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:06 pm

Elthir wrote:
Pettytyrant101 wrote: If there is no comparison to make how can I have been making the same complaints about LotR's as with TH before TH films even existed?

I too think: same cooks, same soup... although obviously it's not nearly as simple as a four word generalization like that. But with The Lord of the Rings films my great groans began soon enough after the pure visual of Gandalf riding his cart into... ahem... the Shire.

I've just seen the opinion that, despite other arguable problems to date, Jackson's Bilbo is more like Tolkien's Bilbo than Jackson's Frodo is like Tolkien's Frodo. Agree or disagree, that's just one example of how complicated and subjective it can get.

I was introduced to LOTR via the films so I can't really be subjective on things, but most people would agree LOTR is a better film than Hobbit at least, Jackson was the same 'cook' at that stage but perhaps less willing to experiment with the recipe...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:06 pm

I too think: same cooks, same soup- ELthir

Yup. The scale has escalated, but the underlying problems are the same.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:11 pm

I wonder if the different producers had anything to do with it...

And I think those terrible things mentioned in the review were just the worst parts. The user did say at the beginning that he wasn't going to spoil everything, just a few parts. So I'm going to try to remain hopeful that there are some redeeming moments. Also, I'm assuming he was one of the contest winners who saw it a few weeks ago. My hope is that it wasn't a final cut. They were working on ROTK until two days before the premier, so I'm remaining hopeful! Though the premier is today, so I guess we'll see if all of that ends up in the final version...

BUT UGH TAURIEL IN A LOVE TRIANGLE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 28 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next