Elthir
RA
Bluebottle
Forest Shepherd
Eldorion
25 posters

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 15 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2]

Post by bungobaggins Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:24 am

iTunes has longer previews of each track. 1:30 as opposed to Amazon's 0:30.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/hobbit-battle-five-armies/id936881883

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 15 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2]

Post by Sinister71 Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:29 am

the song by Billy Boyd is actually pretty good, probably going to be the highlight of film 3 for many Laughing

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:42 pm

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:01 pm

bungobaggins wrote:

I honestly really like it. I had the privilege of meeting and hanging out for a while with Billy a few years ago in Atlanta. Very funny guy, really smart, and such a talented musician too

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:05 pm

I like it a lot too. And I like that it can be seen from Bilbo's POV and not just to the fans from Jackson.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:26 pm

That was lovely, poignant, felt Bilbo-ish, as tho hes looking back. Nod

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 15 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 15 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:27 pm

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 15 <a href=Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 15 100_1310" />

me with Billy Boyd 2 years ago. I hung out with him for about 45 minutes. Really cool guy

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:46 pm

That's awesome, Sin! cheers Cheerleader :carrot: Thumbs Up

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:50 pm

They took the song down, and I didn't bother downloading it. :facepalm:

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:22 pm

I wonder which take of Gandalf's "How shall this day end" they will end up using. I'm pretty sure I've heard three so far.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:51 pm

Some stills from that tv spot.

Most interesting first. Bluff? Double bluff? Is the whole windlance thing a distraction as here bard seems not be using his bow-

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 15 Vlcsnap-2014-11-12-20h43m25s241_zps69aba2ac

Seems Legolamb gets his showdown with Bolg, so perhaps Legolas kills Bolg after he kills Tauriel? But then Im sure Pj will try to squeeze some sentiment out of the Tauriel dwarf love nonsense so who know-

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 15 Vlcsnap-2014-11-12-20h44m57s114_zps20454620

Thorin v Azog. Might just be the shots used in the trailer but Throin looks like he is on his own here-

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 15 Vlcsnap-2014-11-12-20h45m14s30_zpsd4894001

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:57 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Some stills from that tv spot.

Most interesting first. Bluff? Double bluff? Is the whole windlance thing a distraction as here bard seems not be using his bow-

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 15 Vlcsnap-2014-11-12-20h43m25s241_zps69aba2ac

I've long assumed Bard would kill Smaug with the Bow, the windlance being a Bluff (isn't he still credited as Bard the Bowman? 'Bard The Lucky Windlance operator' doesn't have quite the same ring to it...), waayyy back in 2012 someone posted some stills taken on set of Bard climbing/jumping over the ruins of a Burning Laketown apparently chasing Smaug (whilst holding the Bow), Jackson could have changed his mind since then, or (as it sometimes seems) re-shot the scene just for the giggles.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:58 pm

I hope so, because then I can drop the whole windlance explanation from my edit of DOS too cheers

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:01 pm

I think he'll use the windlance. Just go in expecting and accepting what will make me the most crabbit, and I won't be bothered by it.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:04 pm

bungobaggins wrote:I think he'll use the windlance. Just go in expecting and accepting what will make me the most crabbit, and I won't be bothered by it.

Maybe PJ will surprise us, he'll combine the two-Bard Fires himself from the Windlance onto Smaug and stabs him in the eyes with an Arrow or something crabbit crabbit Evil or Very Mad etc.

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:08 pm

Oh dear I hadnt thought of anything so stupid, which Pj will have and then added extra stupid to it Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:14 pm

I'm sure Bard will have plenty of badass bow action, but I expect the final blow against Smaug to be from the windlance. The set-up is almost too obvious, but I'm not expecting to find much subtlety.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:19 pm

When I was at Interstellar yesterday they played the BOFA trailer at the beginning. My brother leans over to me and asked, "What's the dwarf's name?" He meant Thorin. Laughing He has seen all the movies.

It was just so weird, here was someone who wasn't morbidly obsessed with these movies. Laughing

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:31 pm

bungobaggins wrote:
It was just so weird, here was someone who wasn't morbidly obsessed with these movies. Laughing

Wait, other people watch these films?  Suspect

Everyone I know who has bothered watching the Hobbit films either falls into the stereotype of the fanbase, or are hardcore fans of LOTR, I don't see many people who are Big fans solely of this trilogy.

Last edited by malickfan on Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:33 pm

Yeah, it was a weird experience to be in a theater full of about 8 people and wonder to myself, "I wonder what everyone else thought of the trailer...hmm."

My brother leans over to me and asks, "What do you think?" and I said, "I think it looks pretty good." Razz

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:37 pm

bungobaggins wrote:Yeah, it was a weird experience to be in a theater full of about 8 people and wonder to myself, "I wonder what everyone else thought of the trailer...hmm."

My brother leans over to me and asks, "What do you think?" and I said, "I think it looks pretty good." Razz

I remember when AUJ trailer first came out, I saw another films with a bunch of friends, they knew I had serious issues with the Prior trilogy and told me to shut up and let them enjoy the trailer...six months later they are all making the same complaints I once did...yet continued to go apeshit everytime a new trailer was shown (none of them have read the books).

It's weird, I guess growing up with the LOTR films and full exposure to pre-production on TH made it feel like more of a 'franchise' then the other trilogy did.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:18 pm

Sinister71 wrote:Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 15 <a href=Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 15 100_1310" />

me with Billy Boyd 2 years ago. I hung out with him for about 45 minutes. Really cool guy

cheers :carrot: Thumbs Up how cool is that! so jealous.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:21 pm

I saw a trailer for BOT5A when my son & I went to see "Dracula Untold". My son had to nudge me to shut up as I kept shaking my head & audibly muttering " shower of shit, shower of shit" over & over again, plus squeaking my seat as I fidgeted about in disgust ! I couldnt stand it then, just a 2 min trailer, aint no way in hell Im coughing up good money to watch this shower of shit !

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 15 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:22 pm

I kept shaking my head & audibly muttering " shower of shit, shower of shit"- Azriel

My new hero!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:23 pm

Did you win the popcorn Sin ? Laughing
Great memento though, what fun ! Thumbs Up

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next