Elthir
RA
Bluebottle
Forest Shepherd
Eldorion
25 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 14 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:07 pm

I find it somewhat sad that all that creativity, all that skill in costumes, sets, props ect was all wasted in the service of those scripts. Sad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 14 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:46 pm

From the DOS EE I think, about the BOFA.
Seems we can expect the usual over the top silliness from PJ judging on the computer renders- at least one of the giant dwarf statues going for a roll over folk, and a giant troll of some sort with people clambering all over it Mad -

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:08 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:From the DOS EE I think, about the BOFA.
Seems we can expect the usual over the top silliness from PJ judging on the computer renders- at least one of the giant dwarf statues going for a roll over folk, and a giant troll of some sort with people clambering all over it Mad -

I can hardly wait Razz

Since the BOFA isn't really described in any where near enough detail to stretch to 45 minutes screen time, I'm actually quite looking forward to see what Jackson has up his sleeve, it's probably going to be overblown nonsense, but at least it will be surprising...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:39 pm

it's probably going to be overblown nonsense- Malick

And thats probably an understatement!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:42 pm

I'm wondering how long Helm's Deep and the Pelennor Fields were in comparison to this. I'm not sure either were 45 minutes long. But both of those battles were broken up by other scenes of characters not present for the fight, whereas the BOFA occurs as nearly everyone introduced in the previous "episodes" comes together for the grand finale.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:48 pm

Eldorion wrote:I'm wondering how long Helm's Deep and the Pelennor Fields were in comparison to this.  I'm not sure either were 45 minutes long.  But both of those battles were broken up by other scenes of characters not present for the fight, whereas the BOFA occurs as nearly everyone introduced in the previous "episodes" comes together for the grand finale.

That is a good point, by the time of the actual battle in this Dol Guldor should be resolved, and Jackson will be pinning all his focus on the BOFA, even with six or seven different viewpoints on the battle, it could become rather drawn out and confusing for something of a coda to the actual story of killing Smaug, ROTK had the advantage of winding down a bit with lots of quiet character moments between the different Battles, Jackson has got a lot to play with but also a lot to fit in in 150 minutes...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by TranshumanAngel Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:50 am

malickfan wrote: ROTK had the advantage of winding down a bit with lots of quiet character moments between the different Battles, Jackson has got a lot to play with but also a lot to fit in in 150 minutes...

This is a good point. Even if the narrative denouement of the battle itself was kinda ridiculous - the green scrubbing bubbles of the dead - Jackson succeeded in generating a sense of dread and foreboding, often through smaller moments (e.g. Pippin and Gandalf). I can't see much of that in the third Hobbit movie given all the major set pieces that are said to be crammed in, but we'll see.
TranshumanAngel
TranshumanAngel
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:35 am

Will there be time between the statues collapsing, people on carts, war pigs, giant trolls and who knows what else Pj is throwing in there, on top of all the stuff Tolkien already put in there for any quieter moments?
Or will the 'quieter' moments consist of PJ remaking/ruining ('giving a nod' to if your incredibly generous and have the patience of a saint) the Boromir death scene, over and over, and just dropping the sound out?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:19 am

Your forgetting the slo-mo, those desirable little moments in the heady, blood thirsty moments of battle when all is crashing down around you, & theres blood & carnage everywhere, people dying, people crying & then, light a wonderous Heavenly light, a slo-mo appears, ( cue angelic singing ) It doth shineth down from afar & clothe 2 heroic, symbolic ( shambolic )........hero's ? ""when all other actors go out"" Its at this point you want an X-Man like 'Quicksilver' to dash in & alter things ! Laughing

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 14 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 14 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:57 am

Well at least Tauriel dies at the end. There's some good to come then Shrugging

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:04 am

Razz Laughing thats it RA, say it like it is Very Happy
{{{ hide all the Athelas, just to make sure ! dont want her bloody coming back ! }}}

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 14 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:00 pm

By the way, now that I have seen this Tauriel character... erm, I've a linguistic niggle. I'm pretty sure the primary stress should be tAUriel instead of tauriEl -- which I think I heard more than once in the second video game or 'film'.

Heh, like it matters much after that ridiculous, cartoon of a barrel ride fight scene, or many other silly scenes, b'still!
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:06 pm

azriel wrote:Razz Laughing  thats it RA, say it like it is Very Happy  
{{{ hide all the Athelas, just to make sure ! dont want her bloody coming back ! }}}

Oh she can come back, so long as she's glowing away in some safe and appropriate place that isn't Middle Earth. Like my bedroom.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:08 pm

I'm pretty sure the primary stress should be tAUriel instead of tauriEl- Elthir

I think they use both, I am sure there is a tAUriel in the first part of DOS and its tauriEL from there on in.

'so long as she's glowing away in some safe and appropriate place that isn't Middle Earth. Like my bedroom.'- Halfy

Wouldnt you be cheaper with a nightlight? scratch

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:09 pm

Razz Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:12 pm

Yes I did hear tAUriel too Petty, that's right (in case I implied otherwise).

So two different pronunciations? I can hear the EE explanation now... one is a Silvan dialect (Legolas actually is a Silvan pronunciation, but it's still lEgolas as far as primary stress goes)... or something.

Actually I'll never hear the EE about anything, but in theory.

Last edited by Elthir on Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:18 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:
'so long as she's glowing away in some safe and appropriate place that isn't Middle Earth. Like my bedroom.'- Halfy

Wouldnt you be cheaper with a nightlight?  scratch

Nightlights are too predictable. I prefer the randomness of the Tauriel light.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:22 pm

Well dont blame me when after a week she starts declaring love for your sock drawer or something.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:51 pm

Given her track record I wouldn't be surprised. Rolling Eyes

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:02 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Well dont blame me when after a week she starts declaring love for your sock drawer or something.
Well she'd make googly eyes and play it cool for two days first. That'd at least be entertaining.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:10 pm

And there is plenty of scope for ill-judged misplaced innuendo about the contents of Halfy's drawers.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:44 pm

Halfy wonders about the content of his drawers himself at times. scratch

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:38 am

So the final trailer comes out tomorrow...

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 14 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:15 am

Indeed.  I think this is worthy of a new thread. Nod

Edit: http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/t1081-the-battle-of-the-five-armies-final-trailer
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:16 am

Listen to snippets of the BOFA soundtrack.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hobbit-Original-Picture-Soundtrack-Special/dp/B00PBEN6P6/ref=sr_1_4?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1415354154&sr=1-4&keywords=The+Hobbit

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next