Elthir
RA
Bluebottle
Forest Shepherd
Eldorion
25 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 12 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2]

Post by Eldorion Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:30 pm

Theatrical trailer will be 2:24.  A rating was given today by the Government of Alberta's film classification organization.

http://www.albertafilmratings.ca/recentclasstrailers.aspx

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 12 YlG4t0O

Last edited by Eldorion on Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:37 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : thanks to Malick for pointing out my error)
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 12 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2]

Post by Eldorion Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:31 pm

Although the real news here is that there's gonna be a trailer for Minions (the Despicable Me spin-off) soon. bounce
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:11 pm

cheers

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 12 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 12 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:12 pm

chris63 wrote:John Callen (Oin the dwarf in The Hobbit) tells us the very disappointing news that Warner Bros. won’t be taking the New Zealand-based dwarves to London for the world premiere of The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. The studio declined to fly them over, citing “budgetary” considerations.

John posted the following message on his official Facebook page (you should go like it if you haven’t already).

That would mean that, in addition to John, Jed Brophy (Nori), Mark Hadlow (Dori), William Kircher (Bifur), Peter Hambleton (Glóin), Stephen Hunter (Bombur) and perhaps even Dean O’Gorman (Fili), would not make the trip to London unless they paid their way completely out of their own pocket.

That’s seven (more than half) of the 13 dwarves of the company of Thorin who are basically ever-presents — and key supporting cast — throughout all three films.

It seems shortsighted: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey made $1.017 billion (US) at the box office while The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug made $958.3 million (US).

Factor in recent news from New Zealand that total production costs up until March this year were around $745 million US, and one is kinda left scratching one’s head.

We are currently reaching out to Warner Bros. publicity for comment from the stud

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 12 Johncallen

That's rather mean spirited of WB, given how much the movies have already cost (and with this being the last one) you'd have thought a few more plane tickets wouldn't matter to them, it's a an insult to the cast as well, given alot of other people in the industry will end up getting free tickets to the premiere anyway. Neutral Well, at least it's more publicity.

Surprised the premiere ins't in New Zealand (ironically if it were in New Zealand I doubt WB's 'budgetary concerns' would be a problem as they'd be posistive to fly in Mckellen, Armitage, Pace, Lilly etc).

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:14 pm

Eldorion wrote:Teaser trailer will be 2:24.  A rating was given today by the Government of Alberta's film classification organization.

Teaser Trailer? So is this a different, longer Teaser (the last was what, a minute long?)? Or an actual full length trailer?

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:48 pm

malickfan wrote:
Surprised the premiere ins't in New Zealand (ironically if it were in New Zealand I doubt WB's 'budgetary concerns' would be a problem as they'd be posistive to fly in Mckellen, Armitage, Pace, Lilly etc).

Sounds likely, and very chauvenistic of Warner Brothers.  Much as I don't like the movies, the dwarf actors don't deserve such shoddy treatment.  Hopefully Jackson will raise a stink.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:14 pm

halfwise wrote:

Sounds likely, and very chauvenistic of Warner Brothers.  Much as I don't like the movies, the dwarf actors don't deserve such shoddy treatment.  Hopefully Jackson will raise a stink.

Yeah, I think at this point in production Jackson could afford to fight his corner a little bit more, he's got a reputation for treating actors and crew with great respect, hopefully he (or the fans) can persuade the studios to see the error of their ways and give them the premiere they deserve.

I was actually expecting WB to make this a bigger event 'the end of a saga/cinematic middle earth' etc (unless they have got other plans down the line pale )

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:25 pm

I was actually expecting WB to make this a bigger event 'the end of a saga/cinematic middle earth' etc (unless they have got other plans down the line )

The Silmarillion: the enchanting prelude to the Hobbit Saga.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:28 pm

Gimli: "And you know what this Dwarf says to that? Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!" (I spit upon your grave!)

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 12 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 12 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:35 pm

malickfan wrote:
Eldorion wrote:Teaser trailer will be 2:24.  A rating was given today by the Government of Alberta's film classification organization.

Teaser Trailer? So is this a different, longer Teaser (the last was what, a minute long?)? Or an actual full length trailer?

Sorry, my bad, I meant to write "theatrical". This is the full, final trailer. I'll fix my earlier post now to avoid further confusion since a lot of people were very upset about the first traiker being only a teaser. Although as I pointed out then, the difference in length between one of PJ's teasers and the standard "full" length is only 30 seconds. The one from comic con clocked in at just under two minutes.

Last edited by Eldorion on Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:37 pm

I wish they'd hurry up and release the damn thing. The last movie is only about two months away and this place is downright listless. Need something to rile us up.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:40 pm

It is kind of weird how so many Tolkien forums - not just us but many other major ones, with the notable exception of TORn - are much less active now than at the same point last year in the run up to DDS.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:45 pm

halfwise wrote:

The Silmarillion: the enchanting infuriating prelude to the Hobbit Saga.

I think Jackson could just get a bit more creative with the appendices first...

The Tauriel Saga Parts 1-7: Seven times the feminine energy! Now with 30% more goat wrestling! In 4D!
The Radagast Chronicles: Join everyone's favourite Mushroom salesman (no, no that one!) as he tits around in the woods, rescues causes damsels in distress and opens Middle Earth's first petting Zoo. Rated 18 for distressing imagery, and deplorable tomfoolery. Coming to the West End Spring 2017!

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:48 pm

I'm still waiting for my movie based on the appendix about calendars. Hobbits having five (sometimes six) days that aren't part of any month is gonna be one of the biggest twist endings of 2023.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:51 pm

Eldorion wrote:It is kind of weird how so many Tolkien forums - not just us but many other major ones, with the notable exception of TORn - are much less active now than at the same point last year in the run up to DDSI wonder why Razz .

Indeed, I lurk at several from time to time, with the exception of TORn...it seems everyone just wants to get things over with. For me personally, I think it's down to The Hobbit feeling much more of a 'franchise' film than LOTR, it's much easier to see the studio's handprints, and the impact of the fandom this time around, we were waiting so long for these films, I think everyone, even the filmmakers went in with pre conceived notions of what to expect, I wouldn't necessarily say it's backfired, but the success of LOTR and a decade long wait almost set things up to be a dissapointment.

I can't see this trilogy ever being seen as the cultural landmark LOTR was.

Time will tell.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:51 pm

A part of me is a bit sad that this will be the last time to see a Middle Earth Movie (particularly because I was kind of young when LOTR first came out). I'll probably sit in the theater once it's over and stare blankly at the screen, thinking "so that was it." And then I'll either throw a fit or punch something.

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 12 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:53 pm

And then I'll either throw a fit or punch something.- Tinuviel

And right there is why I am a Forumshire Royalist to my dying crabbit breath Nod

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:00 pm

Even though most of us here were in some way dissapointed/annoyed/indifferent to the hobbit films, it is going to feel rather weird seeing the credits roll, for better or worse Jackson's adaptations have been a massive cultural icon for the last 15 years. I think I will feel a mixture of loss, relief and curiosity as to what happens next, but I can't help but wonder where this will leave the Tolkien fandom in general. Petty is going to have to find something else (other than life in general) to be crabbit about...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:04 pm

Petty is going to have to find something else (other than life in general) to be crabbit about...- Malick

I have yet to experience a shortage of things Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:19 pm

malickfan wrote:
halfwise wrote:Sounds likely, and very chauvenistic of Warner Brothers.  Much as I don't like the movies, the dwarf actors don't deserve such shoddy treatment.  Hopefully Jackson will raise a stink.

Yeah, I think at this point in production Jackson could afford to fight his corner a little bit more, he's got a reputation for treating actors and crew with great respect, hopefully he (or the fans) can persuade the studios to see the error of their ways and give them the premiere they deserve.

I was actually expecting WB to make this a bigger event 'the end of a saga/cinematic middle earth' etc (unless they have got other plans down the line pale )

I guess it's good to remember that these are the same people who claimed the Lord of the Rings movies didn't make a profit to Jackson and the Tolkien Estate. Rolling Eyes

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:25 pm

Technically they aren't the same people. Ten years ago it was the New Line execs, but NL was stripped of its autonomy in 2008 and made a subsidiary of Warner Bros. (Previously the two had been sister companies within the TimeWarner corporate family.) However, I have no doubt that both sets of executives are cut from the same cloth. WB tried the same "we actually lost money!" trick with Harry Potter.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:37 pm

That's kind of the hallmark of big industry though, isn't it. The people might change the attitudes doesn't. Shrugging

One wonders what kind of expenses they'll come up with this time to justify an actual loss seeing as the movies have apprently made 1.9753 billion US dollars at the box office so far, and apparently only spent 745 million US dollars in production costs. Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:41 pm

Knock yourself out.

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 12 JOf7utc
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:47 pm

So, they're actually claiming a 167 million loss. Meaning "Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix" must have been a cripling economic blow to Warner Bros.

They must have a lot of fun writing up these things, that's all I have to say. Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:39 am

Tinuviel wrote:A part of me is a bit sad that this will be the last time to see a Middle Earth Movie (particularly because I was kind of young when LOTR first came out). I'll probably sit in the theater once it's over and stare blankly at the screen, thinking "so that was it." And then I'll either throw a fit or punch something.

You are so damn cute sometimes. I love you

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next