Elthir
RA
Bluebottle
Forest Shepherd
Eldorion
25 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 11 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2]

Post by malickfan Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:00 pm

Bluebottle wrote:Well, Galadriel will apparently "kick Sauron's ass, a bit." Rolling Eyes  

Now why didn't she just do that in the LotRs too...

How can she kicks his arse if he is a gaint ball of smoke? Suspect

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 11 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2]

Post by Bluebottle Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:10 pm

Hm.. that's a brain teaser, isn't it. Razz

They're Jacksons words, so.. Shrugging

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:06 pm

Galadriel will plug in her new Dyson, the only rechargable upright hoover & suck that baddie out Nod

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 11 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 11 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:09 pm

I will demand a refund if Galadriel doesn't demonstrate some elf-fu that puts Legolas to shame. After all, Tolkien stated that she "threw down the walls of Dol Guldur" {{{albeit after the War of the Ring}}}. Nod
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:47 am

Eldorion wrote:I will demand a refund if Galadriel doesn't demonstrate some elf-fu that puts Legolas to shame.  After all, Tolkien stated that she "threw down the walls of Dol Guldur" {{{albeit after the War of the Ring}}}. Nod

Jackson will take that literally and Blanchet will be physically throwing blocks of DolGuldur down off of it. after she chases Sauron the unholy blackness away with her elven night light, which she later gives to Frodo making HIM the most powerful being in middle earth :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :facepalm:
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:52 am

Nothing is sacred to Jackson.

Nothing.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:40 pm

Sinister71 wrote:Jackson will take that literally and Blanchet will be physically throwing blocks of DolGuldur down off of it. after she chases Sauron the unholy blackness away with her elven night light, which she later gives to Frodo making HIM the most powerful being in middle earth :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:  :facepalm:

Maybe GDT could guest-direct just that one sequence?  If it's even half as good as the Battle of Hong Kong, it'll make the barrel scene look like a log flume! Oscars
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:07 pm

Well that's all just silly.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:44 pm

According to IMDB, the film is currently listed as having a run time of 205 minutes (the same as ROTK I think?), given Jackson's comments about cutting it down to a tightly paced epic, this has got to be a load of nonsense, can't really see there being enough material for 3 1/2 hours, and I certainly couldn't face sitting through that in the cinemas.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:53 pm

Does IMDb list a source for that? I ask because they're user-edited and are by no means an authoritative source for movie information.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnnyd Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:19 pm

I want to know how the hell both hobbit movies have a 8 on IMDb when reading the comments review ever body saying how bad this movie sucks

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1170358/reviews?start=100

Johnnyd
Lucky Number

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:23 pm

Galadriel will hopefully (probably {I'm praying to Eru}) throw down the walls in the same way Luthien threw down the walls of Angband in Beren and Luthien. I don't care if she does some elven chanting {Side note: The chanting Tauriel does while healing Kili is exactly what Arwen says in FOTR but translated to elvish} or singing or evil glowing, so long as it's not PHYSICAL! Would she even have that kind of power?

Also, I don't have a link for it exactly, but there was a leak of a new BOFA companion book in which it states that he jewels (which actually have a necklace in there somewhere apparently) that were shut in Thranduil's face in the AUJ prologue was a necklace that belonged to his wife, and he's obsessed with reclaiming it because it's all he has left of her. Thror's rude denial of it is apparently what sustained their rivalry.

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 11 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:41 pm

Johnnyd wrote:I want to know how the hell both hobbit movies have a 8 on IMDb when reading the comments review ever body saying how bad this movie sucks

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1170358/reviews?start=100

Probably because there are "only" 883 written reviews on IMDb for DOS compared to 328,650 numerical ratings.  Looks like the movies' critics were more vocal about their opinions (on IMDb) than the movies' fans were.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:51 pm

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 11 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 11 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:44 pm

Dain arrives on a "war pig"?! affraid

They kill Tauriel! cheers

Still love the music, though after exhausting the one good theme from the Hobbit they resorted to the Gondor theme. Razz

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:07 pm

"Tauriel has a tragic ending."

She ends up with Legolas? scratch

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:58 pm

You're a cruel, cruel and very funny man.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:29 pm

I am trying to be positive but failing. Sad

wheres Bungo and Forest? Sad

I promise not to say another word about TH unless its happy.

which may mean. never. No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:54 pm

I'm not sure about Forest, but bungo let me know he had to take some time off from the forum to deal with a family matter.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:20 am

halfwise wrote:You're a cruel, cruel and very funny man.

Ah, well. I'd probably relate to Legolas anyway. Wink

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:10 am

Eldorion wrote:I'm not sure about Forest, but bungo let me know he had to take some time off from the forum to deal with a family matter.

Hopefully nothing serious, let him know some of us are hoping thing work out OK and that he is back with us soon :hug: pub
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:50 am

Per various reports on the TORn forums, it appears that the trailer will be premiering in theatres on November 6 ahead of Interstellar (subject to variation dependent on local release dates, presumably). Whether or not it will be made available online beforehand is still unknown, but I would suspect it will be.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:49 am

Eldorion wrote:Per various reports on the TORn forums, it appears that the trailer will be premiering in theatres on November 6 ahead of Interstellar (subject to variation dependent on local release dates, presumably).  Whether or not it will be made available online beforehand is still unknown, but I would suspect it will be.

I don't even worry about what film they want to put trailers with. Once it's in theaters it usually ends up online within hours anyways cheers
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:47 am

John Callen (Oin the dwarf in The Hobbit) tells us the very disappointing news that Warner Bros. won’t be taking the New Zealand-based dwarves to London for the world premiere of The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. The studio declined to fly them over, citing “budgetary” considerations.

John posted the following message on his official Facebook page (you should go like it if you haven’t already).

That would mean that, in addition to John, Jed Brophy (Nori), Mark Hadlow (Dori), William Kircher (Bifur), Peter Hambleton (Glóin), Stephen Hunter (Bombur) and perhaps even Dean O’Gorman (Fili), would not make the trip to London unless they paid their way completely out of their own pocket.

That’s seven (more than half) of the 13 dwarves of the company of Thorin who are basically ever-presents — and key supporting cast — throughout all three films.

It seems shortsighted: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey made $1.017 billion (US) at the box office while The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug made $958.3 million (US).

Factor in recent news from New Zealand that total production costs up until March this year were around $745 million US, and one is kinda left scratching one’s head.

We are currently reaching out to Warner Bros. publicity for comment from the stud

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 11 Johncallen

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:56 pm

chris63 wrote:John Callen (Oin the dwarf in The Hobbit) tells us the very disappointing news that Warner Bros. won’t be taking the New Zealand-based dwarves to London for the world premiere of The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. The studio declined to fly them over, citing “budgetary” considerations.

John posted the following message on his official Facebook page (you should go like it if you haven’t already).

That would mean that, in addition to John, Jed Brophy (Nori), Mark Hadlow (Dori), William Kircher (Bifur), Peter Hambleton (Glóin), Stephen Hunter (Bombur) and perhaps even Dean O’Gorman (Fili), would not make the trip to London unless they paid their way completely out of their own pocket.

That’s seven (more than half) of the 13 dwarves of the company of Thorin who are basically ever-presents — and key supporting cast — throughout all three films.

It seems shortsighted: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey made $1.017 billion (US) at the box office while The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug made $958.3 million (US).

Factor in recent news from New Zealand that total production costs up until March this year were around $745 million US, and one is kinda left scratching one’s head.

We are currently reaching out to Warner Bros. publicity for comment from the stud

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 11 Johncallen

That's rather depressing, I mean really the films have made how much money? Shrugging And WB is too cheap to fly them to the premier? Shrugging

Shows how they really feel I guess. It's all about the money
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next