Elthir
RA
Bluebottle
Forest Shepherd
Eldorion
25 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 7 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2]

Post by azriel Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:21 am

Tinuviel wrote:Sooooo you'd recommend Dracula though?

Dracula isnt a bad film to waste a good couple of hours
Spoiler:

It wasnt till I left that I twigged it was a 15 rating but that didnt spoil it for me, It wasnt "kiddie" it was a good beginning story & I would recommend it Very Happy

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 7 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 7 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 7 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2]

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:17 pm

I dont think I will bother to watch Bo5Armies, its a frustrating waste of cash, nothing interests me any more, not one sorry bit.

cant wait for GOT next year though. Very Happy I miss those guys.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:18 pm

Recoveryanonymous wrote:
bungobaggins wrote:Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 7 I5dMzqI
My thoughts exactly... Very Happy

love it
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:10 am

azriel wrote:
Dracula isnt a bad film to waste a good couple of hours
It wasnt till I left that I twigged it was a 15 rating but that didnt spoil it for me, It wasnt "kiddie" it was a good beginning story & I would recommend it Very Happy
*Hears good review from Azriel: considers seeing film.*
*Sees reviews on Rotten Tomatoes*
NOPE! I'll pass!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:29 am

Yeah I saw it... not as bad as the Hobbit, but by no means good. Entertaining fight sequences though!

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 7 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:31 am

Dracula was Oscar worthy compared to the Hobbit films. Though I wouldn't call it a great film but it was entertaining overall.

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:33 am

Haven't seen a movie since Guardians of the Galaxy. Maybe I'll catch one this weekend. Is the Dracula movie about Vlad the Impaler?

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:45 am

"Is the Dracula movie about Vlad the Impaler?".....Bungo
Why yes,it is Smile The trouble is, after witnessing the train crash that is The Hobbit, anything looks good Laughing

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 7 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 7 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:53 am

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:02 pm

Don't think this has been posted yet. The Warner Bros. Oscar campaign confirms that Billy Boyd will be singing the end credits song for BOFA.

http://www.warnerbros2014.com/screenings/film.php?film=thehobbit

BEST ORIGINAL SONG
THE LAST GOODBYE
Written by
BILLY BOYD, PHILIPPA BOYENS, and FRAN WALSH
Performed by
BILLY BOYD
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:09 pm

Eldorion wrote:Don't think this has been posted yet.  The Warner Bros. Oscar campaign confirms that Billy Boyd will be singing the end credits song for BOFA.

BEST ORIGINAL SONG
THE LAST GOODBYE
Written by
Performed by
BILLY BOYD

My immediate reaction was slap laugh (The Last Goodbye?...seriously? You'll have to work a hell of a lot harder to tug these heartsrings!)

But then again, I did thin Billy Boyd had a pretty good singing voice in ROTK, Boyens and co have generally written some very strong songs (and tunes) for this series, and I guess it's as good enough way to tie into LOTR as any.

Not very surprised (or enthusiastic) about this, but I can see it working for Jackson's take on things.

This isn't a joke is it?

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:13 pm

Hmm...isn't it a bit of a weird title to bookend a story that is supposed to lead into LOTR?

Was kinda hoping The Road Goes Ever On might get adapated (my hopes weren't high though)

It would be just as weird if Gandalf forgot all about Sauron's return as the Necromancer entirely by the time of FOTR...wait a minute...

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:14 pm

Boyd did a great job with "Edge of Night" in ROTK (even though the song was preformed very differently from how it was intended in its original form in the book). I've enjoyed both previous ending songs for The Hobbit trilogy as well, so I don't consider the songwriting credits for Boyens and Walsh to be cause for concern. I don't see any reason for negativity with this announcement. One could argue that picking Boyd is an unnecessary callback to LOTR, but it's a new song, and I'm sure many people won't even recognize his voice.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:15 pm

Simulpost.

malickfan wrote:Hmm...isn't it a bit of a weird title to bookend a story that is supposed to lead into LOTR?

I imagine that the "goodbye" part is aimed as much at fans of the films as anyone or anything else. It seems a fitting enough title, though of course, I'm not going to try to judge a song simply by its title.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:22 pm

Eldorion wrote:Simulpost.

malickfan wrote:Hmm...isn't it a bit of a weird title to bookend a story that is supposed to lead into LOTR?

I imagine that the "goodbye" part is aimed as much at fans of the films as anyone or anything else.  It seems a fitting enough title, though of course, I'm not going to try to judge a song simply by its title.

Yeah, that may have been a bit snarky even for me Embarassed, it's just kinda hard to maintain any enthusiasm at this point (given how these are primarily designed as LOTR prequels, I find it very hard to connect the two trilogies), although (as I said above) the songs are amongst the Highlights of the franchise for me, this just feels like it's going to be a bit 'safe'.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:30 pm

Well negativity is easier and often more fun to focus on, especially when it's already the norm as it often is on this forum, so I get where you're coming from.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:44 pm

Eldorion wrote:Well negativity is easier with these films certainlyand often more fun to focus on, especially when it's already the norm as it often is on this forum, so I get where you're coming from.

Would you say we are a negative Forum by nature? Sarcastic yes, odd defintely, I think 'grumpy' might be a better term. I don't see thread upon thread of anger, rather annoyance/disappointment.

But in some ways I think the 'negative' vibes this forum gives off are  a good thing, for better or worse I do seem to find alot of interesting conversations on here, everyone does seem enthusiastic enough to still be annoyed by the film I suppose.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:53 pm

I was referring strictly to this forum's take on The Hobbit films.  I've criticized them plenty myself, and I'm not complaining that the forum leans purist/critical (though it would be great if we had more movie fans if only for the added debate), but there is a lot of vitriol sometimes and I'm sometimes surprised by the things that offend people.  But everyone has the right to express those feelings, so Shrugging

Edit: just to be clear, I don't think you were being vitriolic here.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:04 pm

Eldorion wrote:just to be clear, I don't think you were being vitriolic here.

No, of course I realized that, (I'm a rather sarcastic individual anyway so I wouldn't worry about it)

I agree it would be nice to have more film fans posting here, but it's probably a bit late for that unfortunately.

I'm sure BOTFA will surprise us enough for a few weeks worth of decent conversations at least.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:32 pm

I'm not negative. Mad I'm reflected. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:39 pm

Eldorion wrote:Don't think this has been posted yet.  The Warner Bros. Oscar campaign confirms that Billy Boyd will be singing the end credits song for BOFA.

BEST ORIGINAL SONG
THE LAST GOODBYE
Written by
Performed by
BILLY BOYD

So, they're songwriters too now? Shocked

That they're bringing in Billy Boyd could seem to hint at some tie in ending with the LotRs triology, perhaps. Shrugging Or perhaps that's taking conjecture too far.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:06 pm

Bluebottle wrote:So, they're songwriters too now? Shocked

Walsh was credited as a co-writer for "Gollum's Song" and "Into the West" from TTT and ROTK, respectively. I think this is Boyens' first song-writing credit for the franchise, although according to Wikipedia (via some citations I'm unable to personally verify) she helped arrange the music during the assault on Osgiliath sequence in ROTK.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:56 pm

If these films were any good we may have had more of a mix of opinions but sadly theres nothing to hold on to, not visually or musically, its all blah, nothing outstanding, maybe the set designs but we dont get to see any of those for more than 5 seconds.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:16 pm

Goodbye and good riddance, PJ and co.

{{{Hopefully that wasn't too vitriolic for y'all. Razz}}}

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:20 pm

Hmm, moving back to the title, what can we make of the 'last' goodbeye? can we expect another half an hour of endings again?

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next