Bluebottle
bungobaggins
Radaghast
Pettytyrant101
Eldorion
30 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 4 Empty Re: In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS

Post by bungobaggins Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:00 pm

Shocked 

Oh my. It wasn't the laugh riot you were expecting?

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 4 Empty Re: In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:28 pm

ok here we go. stream of consciousnesswotsit...
The first half of the film is watchable, but as soon as they get into Laketown it all goes to pot.
There were some nice scenes, maybe three or four. I mean the cinematography was nice. The colours were much better, it looked much better aesthetically than AUJ.
Mirkwood was the best bit, this is where Martin Freeman did his best acting.
BUT.
There was a scene in Mirkwood that made me angry and disgusted. I know why they did it, but it was truly fucking awful. Bilbo gets a murderous rage and kills a harmless? creature just because it steps on the Ring. I know it was to show the corrupting power of the Ring that is creeping over Bilbo, but the Ring shouldnt be foreshadowed at all, but this was just one of MANY MANY Ring related crap. I hated that scene.
Legolas oh dear god Legolas he is truly an arrogant asshole in this film, he is Leggy super hero and it gets tiring really quickly.
Tauriel and Kili *facepalm* thats all I can say, its sickeningly sweet.
I did like a few scenes.
1) Bilbo above the forest canopy looking at butterflies was very very very lovely. colours *swoony*
2) Gandalf goes to DolGoonies and meets Sauron, sounds crap, it was crap, but it looked good. The shadowy effects are derivative and it looked like Dumbledore and Voldemort at one point but it looked quite impressive.
3) they run over a field of flowers to Beorns hall, it was beautiful, and the big bees were great.
erm-- yeah.. barrel rides...phew.. er.lost for words really.. suppose it was cool in a very silly way but nothing special and yet again Legolas looks like a dick balancing his feet on two Dwarves heads mid stream *facepalm* again.
Laketown, boring boring boring, Smaug ok for five minutes and thats where I left, the heroic wheelbarrows was too much.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:38 pm

Yeah, sounds typically PJ. Spider-Man's got nothing on Legolas Rolling Eyes

Is an orc prisoner really executed (according to one review)?

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 4 WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:41 pm

poor Beorn gets 5 minutes, is very underused but he wasnt very memorable anyway.
Azog and Bolg The Boring get more 'screen time' than Bilbo.
Its all about Sauron.
oh yeah the first person you see onscreen is PJ munching on a carrot.
Tauriel heals Kili and does the most wimpy non event Elven shiny thing evah, theres loads of that kind of LOTR rip off scenes done badly.
Balin was the best Dwarven actor by a mile.

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:43 pm

Radaghast wrote:Yeah, sounds typically PJ. Spider-Man's got nothing on Legolas Rolling Eyes

Is an orc prisoner really executed (according to one review)?

yes Thranduil chops his head off.  Shocked 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:45 pm

So, both father and son are creepy d-bags, I guess?

Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:12 pm

You walked out, Figg? Very Happy 

Colour me impressed. Nod

You should have filmed it and sent it to Peter Jackson.  Laughing 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:19 pm

Ouch. That's all I can say, Mrs Figg! Shocked

{{{Great crabbit review though. Very Happy}}}
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:25 pm

I will try to get all the details if you want I can do a blow by blow but only if you dont mind spoilers.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:30 pm

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 4 Cheerleading_pyramid_animated_zpsd17f82be

Go Figgy ! Go Figgy !

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 4 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 4 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:31 pm

scene opens, we are in Bree dark and wet night.
PJ stumbles out munching a carrot.
A small wet figure walks into the Prancing Pony, its Thorin, he takes a seat surrounded by villanous looking men. Two of them look at him in a menacing fashion, they are just rising to challenge him when Gandalf sits at the table. The two villains slope off into the night.
Gandalf introduces himself, Thorin says he has heard of him. Gandalf tells Thorin he is not there by chance, that Thorin must go to the Lonely Mountain to reclaim his Kingdom, that Gandalf is uneasy about Smaug and the growing shadow.
The present time....
Bilbo and the Dwarves are in a dark Wilderness (actually the lighting and colours in this scene are very good) Bilbo is on the lookout, he sees a huge Bear like shape in the distance and hears a roar, he runs to the Others but they wont let him finish his sentence, he tells them to be quiet, and tells them theres something out there, not orcs, thats following them.
Gandalf says, is it Bear shaped and bilbo says yes.
Gandalf says either this creature will kill them or help them but he doesnt know which.

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:34 pm

Oh fook, here we go !  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 4 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 4 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:38 pm

Sweet merciful crap.

Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:44 pm

Obviously instead of the book introduction to Beorn they all run hell for leather while Beorn rushes at them from the forest, he looks like a warebear. They run into the hall, strangely on the way there PJ has the time to show us a beautifully cgi-ed bumble Bee in flight. They all rush in to the hall and lock the door. Gandalf tells them to sleep, but the Dwarves are all afraid. there are what looks like mechanical heffers in a barn with lots of straw, the animals dont talk. Beorn outside does a very dreary transformation from warebear to sonic the hedgehog.
Bilbo wakes up (time for more big cgi Bees on his nose ) hearing the door open and Beorn walks in and Beorn is sonic the hedgehog. The Dwarves and Bilbo sit round a table and Beorn basically says he doesnt like Dwarves but he dislikes orcs even more because GET THIS!!!! the skin changers were all turned into SLAVES and HUNTED by orcs for fun. He has an iron shackle on his wrist  get this.. still on his wrist..... :facepalm:
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:54 pm

Bilbo asks him if there are any other skin changers, Beorn says just one. him.
The Dwarves and Bilbo all have ponies from Beorn, they get to the outskirts of Mirkwood, theres an crumbled Elven entrance, suddenly Gandalf gets an Elven Skype from Galadriel telling him to go check out DolGoonies cos theres trouble t' mill. so he Leaves them telling them to KEEP ON THE PATH. duh! ok.
Mirkwood is pretty groovy and thats because it makes them trip. There must be shroom spores in the air.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:59 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:The Dwarves and Bilbo sit round a table and Beorn basically says he doesnt like Dwarves but he dislikes orcs even more because GET THIS!!!! the skin changers were all turned into SLAVES and HUNTED by orcs for fun. He has an iron shackle on his wrist  get this.. still on his wrist..... :facepalm:
Seriously: Fuck you, Peter Jackson F You  x infinity.
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:28 pm

Mirkwood is great, very claustrophobic and trippy hippy, they try to follow the path but it ends on a Cliff, they go round in circles for a bit, then Bilbo sees a ray of sunlight up in the trees and he decides to climb up (good bit follows) then he calls down to the Dwarves but they have all been captured by spiders. Then Bilbo is captured too and wrapped up in a cocoon. Just as a spider stands over him he kills it with his sword, then he puts on his ring and suddenly he can hear the spiders talking. he kills some more and gets to name his sword Sting (there follows a large section I )
HATE
I actually really like spiders in real life, and I never kill them, I find them useful and interesting creatures so watching them be slaughtered really upset me. I know they were about to eat the Dwarves, but I didnt like it one bit. Then Bilbo kills the creature just because it goes near the Ring and at this point I nearly leave the cinema, but I continue in the hopes it gets better. It doesnt.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:36 pm

Bilbo frees all the Dwarves and they start battle with the spiders, then just at the last minure Elves arrive and finish the last of the spiders off and capture the Dwarves, Bilbo is invisible and follows them toThranduils hall. (so no feasting and no lights in the forest, this sucked)
Thranduils hall is very well done, the Dwarves are put in prisons and this is where some ''comedy/flirting/whatever'' *vomit* moments between Kili and Tauriel happen. Legolas is super jealous.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:39 pm

(low point) Kili and his little rune stone. yes you heard me right!. RUNE STONE. it makes Tauriel go all goo goo eyed. its got a mesage from his mum telling him to come home safely written on it or something as sweetly sickening. yeuch.

:facepalm:
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:52 pm

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 4 Being-sick
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:02 pm

No  it gets worse.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:08 pm

affraid 

Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:08 pm

I'm looking forward to the walk out point. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:15 pm

Its even worse than I feared.  Evil or Very Mad 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:16 pm

Yeah, same here. PJ never fails to disappoint, predictable though he is.

Last edited by Radaghast on Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next