Bluebottle
bungobaggins
Radaghast
Pettytyrant101
Eldorion
30 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 22 Empty Re: In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS

Post by Radaghast Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:47 pm

Tinuviel wrote:Also, the point in the book where Radagast is actually mentioned (which is in Beorn's house when Gandalf is introducing himself) is conveniently LEFT OUT!!! He says that Beorn might know his cousin Radagast who lives in Mirkwood.
Good point! Mad

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 22 WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 22 Empty Re: In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS

Post by Radaghast Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:48 pm

azriel wrote:Yes ! get indigestion ! with so much burping & farting maybe Smaug will burn the whole fooking studio's down & no more will be heard of Peter jerkoff Jackson !  Mad 
Brilliant! Fire from both ends! Laughing
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:29 pm

Well. I saw it in HFR.

The picture was really smooth, and it was easy to focus on the 3D. There were only a couple shots where it looked like the camera was moving too fast. First shot of Dol Guldur at the beginning, the wide shot of the High Fells, and the shot of Bofur running out of the Master's residence.

Other than that it didn't really bother me. Did I feel like "the back was cut out of the cinema and I was staring into the world of the movie?" No, I felt like I was watching a movie. Did it enhance my experience and make the movie more enjoyable? In some parts, but not overall. Will I see TABA in HFR? Probably not, but it's something I will consider.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:31 pm

Question:

If Bilbo doesn't find out Smaug's weak spot, why the fuck does he go into the treasure room? To find the Arkenstone? If that, why does he hide it from Thorin if the standoff between Thorin and the elves and men of Dale hasn't happened yet? I'm unclear on this point.

Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:33 pm

Bilbo sees where the black arrow broke off one of Smaug's scales and says, "The black arrow found its mark." Or something like that.

It's unclear as to whether or not Bilbo even has the Arkenstone, although I would guess that he does. He doesn't want to hand it over to Thorin because Smaug told Bilbo that it would drive Thorin mad.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:35 pm

Ah, so Bilbo is trusting in Smaug as far as Thorins concerned.  :facepalm: 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:36 pm

Well, Smaug keeps telling Bilbo that he's just a little cog in Thorin's plan, so I guess he could have planted some doubt in Bilbo's mind.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:39 pm

bungobaggins wrote:Bilbo sees where the black arrow broke off one of Smaug's scales and says, "The black arrow found its mark." Or something like that.
But, so far, it doesn't look like Bilbo is integral to finding the weak spot, right?

It's unclear as to whether or not Bilbo even has the Arkenstone, although I would guess that he does. He doesn't want to hand it over to Thorin because Smaug told Bilbo that it would drive Thorin mad.
But is that the reason he goes into the lair?
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:39 pm

Bluebottle wrote:Ah, so Bilbo is trusting in Smaug as far as Thorins concerned.  :facepalm: 
Smaug is omniscient  Neutral 
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:43 pm

Smaug would be great if wasn't torching people all over the place.

Quite a fascinating character. Nod 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:46 pm

Radaghast wrote:
bungobaggins wrote:Bilbo sees where the black arrow broke off one of Smaug's scales and says, "The black arrow found its mark." Or something like that.
But, so far, it doesn't look like Bilbo is integral to finding the weak spot, right?

What do you mean? Bilbo sees the weak spot, and then they have all that made up crap for 15 minutes or so. If in the third movie Bilbo tells the thrush to tell Bard about the weak spot, then it will have meant something.

Yes, Thorin sends Bilbo in to find the Arkenstone.

Raddy, why not just see the movie? Go to a matinee? Or find a coupon? Have a friend pay for you? Or something?

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:02 am

bungobaggins wrote:Raddy, why not just see the movie? Go to a matinee? Or find a coupon? Have a friend pay for you? Or something?
The 'something' would be to wait to borrow it from somebody when it comes out on disc Razz

But not to worry; that was the last question; honest Very Happy
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:31 am

I swear there's a part during Bilbo's conversation with Smaug in which Smaug says "cunting dwarves."

I heard it when I saw it on Saturday, and I heard it again today.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:08 am

Shocked I'm totally going to listen for it now! I'm probably going to see two more times, once with my friends and once with my family. What is it with Boyens's fetish with femininity?

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 22 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:54 am

The same fetish I've got actually....  Shocked 

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Music of the Ainur Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:09 am

Mrs Figg wrote:I have a question.
laketown is shown as a dirty sesspit full of fascist toe rags like the Master and snivelling wormtongues, not to mention irritating goggling extras.
Question, will we give a flying monkeys nutbag that Smaug is flying down to cleanse them all, or will we say good riddance to a pile of rotting fishy sarcastic losers?
The only reason Bard has kids is so we go 'ooh no dont kill them all you naughtySmaugyyou'. But I for one will be cheering him on. Go gettem Smaug.

Haahahhahaa Go figg go... I agree. The worm tongue clone was just a plain bad tired rerun. Even though I liked a lot of these characters after reading the books the movie somehow makes me not care about them at all now, why should I they aren't likable. Of course you are right about inclusion of Bards kids in the film.  Nod However, it appears the the dreaded Smaug, the temporarily golden,  the scourge of Erebor, destroyer of mighty kingdoms has grown inept and soft. So, I bet while he does do damage in Laketown , he won't hurt the kids. He might scare them, but I would bet the farm they make it through ok. But I like the way you think Figg , a flying monkeys nutbag, very good image... geek 

Tinuviel wrote:
Also, the point in the book where Radagast is actually mentioned (which is in Beorn's house when Gandalf is introducing himself) is conveniently LEFT OUT!!! He says that Beorn might know his cousin Radagast who lives in Mirkwood.

Nice, I forgot that, but those folks seems to have an aversion to using Tolkien dialog so no wonder it was not used.

Radaghast Yesterday at 5:31 pm

Question:

If Bilbo doesn't find out Smaug's weak spot, why the fuck does he go into the treasure room? To find the Arkenstone?  If that, why does he hide it from Thorin if the standoff between Thorin and the elves and men of Dale hasn't happened yet? I'm unclear on this point.

Bilbo did see his missing scale, but as mentioned previously Bard and his kids already know about it so I am betting that there is no old Raven Croc? or whatever his name/ not sure I remember rightly/  flying to Bard to tell him where to shoot. Seems like the jackson crew doesn't approve of animal speech much in Middle earth. Yes,Bilbo's only reason to go down in the treasure room is to get the magic Arkenstone. Why does he hide it from Thorin given that he has been told all about it and knows that it is the holy of holies for the Dwarves?
Because the coven made him do it. They have some sort of purpose for turning Bilbo into a super sized prick and traitor and enemy of the dwarves. Of course in the book he withheld it too, but that sin was nothing in comparison to this new twist of the all important Arkenstoner.

Banghead
Music of the Ainur
Music of the Ainur
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:39 am

Eldorion wrote:The long wait is almost over!  See the official site to see just how long it is for you, or consult this shorter list. Smile

Australia: 26 December

I was angry at first to be last --- but now I'm angry it wasn't put back to 26 December ----- 2030...  Very Happy

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:49 am

I think you're right Bungobaggins, I heard the same line from Smaug.
At the time I interpreted it as "counting dwarves" but I like the other version better. I even heard Bendydick say that same line in an interview as an example of his Smaug delivery.

And by the by, to those hopeful fools who think that a Raven, or any bird, will be involved in any way in the death of Smaug: you are mistaken.
Thematically, in the film, there is no need for Bilbo's discovery to ever reach Bard as the story has already established that there is a rumour that such a bald patch (loosened scale, that is) exists. All that the audience need see is Bard catching sight of the vulnerable spot, and letting loose at it.
On a more practical note, there simply is no time for Bilbo and the dwarves to meet any ravens and for said ravens to make it to Lake-town before Smaug arrives there.
It's over Tolkien-fans. Apart from ring-inspired spiders, there will be no talking animals in this trilogy.

Eldorion wrote:
I noted in my review that Smaug's horde appears to contain more gold than exists in our entire world. It's looks nice for the reveal shots, but it doesn't work as part of an internally consistent or "real" world such as Tolkien's.
And more importantly, it undermines any realistic concerns any of the characters in TABA may have about the gold. In the book the men of the lake are given one fourteenth share (or something like that). In this adaptation, one fourteenth share would still be enough to buy yourself a large kingdom. (Is Sauron in real estate?)  Shrugging 

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:47 pm

bungobaggins wrote:
Radaghast wrote:

What do you mean? Bilbo sees the weak spot, and then they have all that made up crap for 15 minutes or so. If in the third movie Bilbo tells the thrush to tell Bard about the weak spot, then it will have meant something.

Yes, Thorin sends Bilbo in to find the Arkenstone.

Raddy, why not just see the movie? Go to a matinee? Or find a coupon? Have a friend pay for you? Or something?

My poor head is in a spin, theres so much confusion in this film. I know Smaug was supposed to have the Voice as did Saruman, and he could entice people to their doom, but I thought in the book that Bilbo had shaken off the Dragon magic, that he hadnt fallen for Smaugs enticing words?, Smaug had enticed Bilbo down the tunnel not to taunt him about Thorin but to kill Bilbo for stealing the cup?. If there isnt the talking Ravens telling Bard about the missing scale who is going to inform him? please please dont tell me its going to be Tauriel. Imagine the horror if the Dwarves in Laketown including the healed Kili go back up the mountain to find the Others, Bilbo comes running out and tells Tauriel she then doubles back to Laketown and reunites with Leggy and Leggy thinks to himself being a superdooper archer that HE will kill Smaug, so he steals Bards Arrow and does the deed pleasing his daddy no end.  No 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:18 pm

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 22 997012_608845815817694_499529848_n
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:24 pm

Mrs Figg wrote: Imagine the horror if the Dwarves in Laketown including the healed Kili go back up the mountain to find the Others, Bilbo comes running out and tells Tauriel she then doubles back to Laketown and reunites with Leggy and Leggy thinks to himself being a superdooper archer that HE will kill Smaug, so he steals Bards Arrow and does the deed pleasing his daddy no end.  No 

Well, it certainly wouldn't stand too much out from their other changes.

And I wouldn't rule out anything from those quarters at the moment. Rolling Eyes

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:31 pm

Music of the Ainur wrote:Bilbo did see his missing scale, but as mentioned previously Bard and his kids already know about it so I am betting that there is no old Raven Croc? or whatever his name/ not sure I remember rightly/  flying to Bard to tell him where to shoot. Seems like the jackson crew doesn't approve of animal speech much in Middle earth. Yes, Bilbo's only reason to go down in the treasure room is to get the magic Arkenstone. Why does he hide it from Thorin given that he has been told all about it and knows that it is the holy of holies for the Dwarves?
Because the coven made him do it. They have some sort of purpose for turning Bilbo into a super sized prick and traitor and enemy of the dwarves. Of course in the book he withheld it too, but that sin was nothing in comparison to this new twist of the all important Arkenstoner.

Banghead
Thanks, Music. So, yeah, not only is Bilbo apparently not important re: Smaug's death, he's also hiding the Arkenstone, presumably because he's a greedy little dick. In the book, he found it before Thorin described it, after which I think he was afraid to tell him he'd found it.

Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:36 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:If there isnt the talking Ravens telling Bard about the missing scale who is going to inform him?
Apparently, he knows already. No Bilbo necessary. It's a legend...or something.
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:54 pm

Is this an actual shot from the movie? If so, it looks awful.

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 22 TheHobbitSmaug3
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Carcharoth Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:15 pm

Yeah that is when Bard is giving rubbish fisherman type weapons to the dwarves.

Looks ok to me. There is far worse that's for sure Razz
Carcharoth
Carcharoth
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next