Biffo Banks
Norc
Mrs Figg
bungobaggins
gray gundulf
26 posters

Page 29 of 39 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 39  Next

Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 29 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS]

Post by bungobaggins Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:09 pm

You are very much welcome, everyone. I love you

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 29 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS]

Post by Radaghast Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:11 pm

Eldorion wrote:Is anyone arguing otherwise?  I don't mean here, I know no one on this forum has said so, but even on PJ-leaning forums does anyone actually still claim that this stuff has any basis in Tolkien?  Genuine question here.
No, indeed I said it's probably already been remarked upon. Just making an observation Very Happy
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:22 pm

It IS *very* possible that the reviewer simply doesn't know the story and couldn't follow the plot well enough to keep it in his head. We've seen this multiple times in the past. This is my hope.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:24 pm

I'm guessing both are true.

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 29 WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:41 pm

all that behind the scenes stuff is really interesting, thats the part that interests me more at this stage, Orlando looks like a kid let loose in a sweet shop, Love it when Thanders pouts to the camera. Really though NZ is stunning, I wish they had used more of it.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:53 pm

Really though NZ is stunning, I wish they had used more of it.- Mrs Figg

Its amazing, they have all that outside their door and they shoot most of the film inside a big shed covered in green sheets Mad 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:58 pm

its mind boggling, just looking at those clips, you can see the wonderful scenery all around them.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:01 pm

Ah, but you cant have half the cast cgi and everyone performing super human feats if you shoot it all outdoors, not without a great deal of difficulty at least.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:04 pm

All that reliance on the latest technology is excactly why I think these movies will age so fast. Rolling Eyes 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:37 pm

It looks lazy. Like I said before, they aren't even using real swords or weapons anymore, they've all turned a sickly shade of green alien 

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 29 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:25 am

I said earlier today that I wanted to see a new vlog, and my wish has been granted! :cheers:Probably the last one before DOS comes out so enjoy. :)I'm watching now...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152044014321558&set=vb.141884481557&type=2&theater

Edit: YouTube link.

Last edited by Eldorion on Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:40 am

Reactions (SPOILERS):

- Hey look, it's Bard's son doing weapons training.
- PJ ... did not know what Smaug would look like during principal photography. Suspect
- "I lost my wedding ring!" Laughing
- Bard and son hide the Dwarves and are chased by one of the Master's lackies.
- Ryan Gage as Alfrid.  That name sounds familiar ... *googles* Ah, he was cast as Drogo. That idea seems to have been entirely dropped.
- PJ is making DOS "a social commentary on good government". I hope that was a joke.
- The behind the scenes stuff with the crew members is always neat.
- Smaug's hoard contains "200 billion pieces of treasure". Shocked
- Even the crew can't agree on "smog" vs "smowg". Very Happy
- I know very little about it but the sound stuff is really interesting to me.
- A soundtrack vlog to come! cheers Oh PJ you tease.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:42 am

I love watching behind the scenes stuff, and seeing how movies are made. I know I'm supposed to be crabbit, but seeing the actors and PJ goofing around, looking like they're having fun doing what they're doing, it kind of makes me a little excited for the movie.

Sofa

Oh, and that shot of Smaug's head rising from underneath all those coins. Shocked 

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:46 am

Yeah, the vlogs have been better than 90% of behind-the-scenes features that end up on complete home video releases. Putting them on the web like this was a masterstroke of marketing.

It must have been so cool for the people who got to visit the set during filming. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:49 am

Yeah, it is a smart marketing move. And I can feel the hype working on me. pale I am weak.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:52 am

My hope for DOS, since walking out of AUJ, has been that it would be an entertaining action-adventure film. Honestly, that was my main hope for AUJ too, but I was nonetheless let down. So in a way I'm glad that I spoiled myself on most of the changes and plot details so hopefully I'll be able to enjoy the good parts of DOS for all they're worth.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:56 am

The main consensus coming from people who have seen the film, so far, has been that it's tighter, and has more action, so I think it might turn out pretty good.

Wait, did I just type that?

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:00 am

Yeah, it definitely sounds like an improvement over AUJ, which I think a lot of people were expecting since the story picks up in this section of the book.  Obviously there's a long gap between "marginally better than AUJ" and "genuinely good or great", but I'm trying to be optimistic. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:03 am

Yeah, I don't want to get too excited. That just leads to hopes getting dashed curb-stomped. Mad

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:19 am

Eldorion wrote:My hope for DOS, since walking out of AUJ, has been that it would be an entertaining action-adventure film.  Honestly, that was my main hope for AUJ too, but I was nonetheless let down.  So in a way I'm glad that I spoiled myself on most of the changes and plot details so hopefully I'll be able to enjoy the good parts of DOS for all they're worth.
Have to say I agree Eldo... I'm not spending a dime of my own money to see it and after seeing many of the plot deviations I have pretty much set up my mindset of going into some generic D&D flick with elements of the Hobbit in it, with lower than low expectations on that. I plan on just enjoying it for what it is some made up film and NOT JRR Tolkien's Hobbit. Which I truly hope to see made someday in a respectful way.
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:08 am

Edit: Don't even try to read this.

FUCK this entire project, and the cast and crew, including the writers and director particularly; and anyone who was involved, and anyone who is still fully happy about this trilogy, and anyone who has not read the book, and anyone who speaks well of the action sequences, and anyone who takes offense at my mood of abysmal depression concerning this trilogy, and anyone who appreciates the film for what it is and offers the "consoling" thought that film is not literature and never will be, and the idea of including dwarven-elven love interests, and the removal of Thranduil's people feasting in the forest, and the removal of the Eagle's sentience, and the discarding of Goblin-town's epicness, and the addition of banality, and the addition of idiocy, and the lack of emotional connection, and the cheap and easy method of character development, and foreigners in Lake-town, and a ridiculous Master therein, and a barrel-chase sequence, and the cheapening of Beorn, and the NEW BLOODY PRONUNCIATIONS OF NEARLY EVERYTHING, and a violent confrontation between Smaug and the dwarves, and the splitting up of the dwarves, and the disrepair of Lake-town, and the lies of Thorin to its people, and the lack of Dain's qualities, and the DISCARDING of sentient ravens, and the crapping-on of antlered forest river-guardians, and the inclusion of fat jokes, and fart jokes, and bad breath jokes, and indigestion jokes, and stupidity jokes, and poor acting, and foolish misadventures, and over-large spiders, and the inclusion of Radaghast, and obedient moths, and fanboys, and stupid fans, and stupid people, and dumb people, and people who eat popcorn too loudly, and movie theatres that only show popular films, and theatres in which the floor is sometimes sticky, and pre-showing advertising, and bad trailers, and lies, and letting-down of expectations, and Peter Jackson's self-satisfied bullshit, and Fran Walsh's inability to smack Peter upside the head enough, and Phillippa Boyens inability to smack herself and Walsh and Peter upside the head enough, and the audacity of screen-writers, and the ignorance of the young, and the shamefulness of modern marketing ploys, and the sluttiness of actors, and the intentional manipulation of book events, and the screwing-over of audiences, and developer videos that are better than the film they represent, and behind-the-scene videos being far better than the film they represent, and bad scoring, and boy-toys, and soundtracks sung by One Direction-sounding pop-singers, and the orcs and goblins of this film trilogy, and the fascination with filth and scum and muck and scars and staples and steel plates and raw pussing wounds and poor hygiene and disgusting teeth and rotting body parts that the orc design team apparently have, and Smaug's lack of four legs, and added dialogue, and added scenes, and the betrayal of myself as a happy and mostly satisfied fan by PJ and Co.

I am tired of this. I am really tired of this. Never did I expect this level of foul-play in DOS. I am just so sick and tired of it. Boy am I tired. I'm tired; wake me up when it's over.

Further edit: Those behind the scenes videos were great, thanks for posting those.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:21 pm

fake edit, sorry Eldo you already posted this Very Happy I really enjoy this stuff.

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:38 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:Edit: Don't even try to read this.

FUCK this entire project, and the cast and crew, including the writers and director particularly; and anyone who was involved, and anyone who is still fully happy about this trilogy, and anyone who has not read the book, and anyone who speaks well of the action sequences, and anyone who takes offense at my mood of abysmal depression concerning this trilogy, and anyone who appreciates the film for what it is and offers the "consoling" thought that film is not literature and never will be, and the idea of including dwarven-elven love interests, and the removal of Thranduil's people feasting in the forest, and the removal of the Eagle's sentience, and the discarding of Goblin-town's epicness, and the addition of banality, and the addition of idiocy, and the lack of emotional connection, and the cheap and easy method of character development, and foreigners in Lake-town, and a ridiculous Master therein, and a barrel-chase sequence, and the cheapening of Beorn, and the NEW BLOODY PRONUNCIATIONS OF NEARLY EVERYTHING, and a violent confrontation between Smaug and the dwarves, and the splitting up of the dwarves, and the disrepair of Lake-town, and the lies of Thorin to its people, and the lack of Dain's qualities, and the DISCARDING of sentient ravens, and the crapping-on of antlered forest river-guardians, and the inclusion of fat jokes, and fart jokes, and bad breath jokes, and indigestion jokes, and stupidity jokes, and poor acting, and foolish misadventures, and over-large spiders, and the inclusion of Radaghast, and obedient moths, and fanboys, and stupid fans, and stupid people, and dumb people, and people who eat popcorn too loudly, and movie theatres that only show popular films, and theatres in which the floor is sometimes sticky, and pre-showing advertising, and bad trailers, and lies, and letting-down of expectations, and Peter Jackson's self-satisfied bullshit, and Fran Walsh's inability to smack Peter upside the head enough, and Phillippa Boyens inability to smack herself and Walsh and Peter upside the head enough, and the audacity of screen-writers, and the ignorance of the young, and the shamefulness of modern marketing ploys, and the sluttiness of actors, and the intentional manipulation of book events, and the screwing-over of audiences, and developer videos that are better than the film they represent, and behind-the-scene videos being far better than the film they represent, and bad scoring, and boy-toys, and soundtracks sung by One Direction-sounding pop-singers, and the orcs and goblins of this film trilogy, and the fascination with filth and scum and muck and scars and staples and steel plates and raw pussing wounds and poor hygiene and disgusting teeth and rotting body parts that the orc design team apparently have, and Smaug's lack of four legs, and added dialogue, and added scenes, and the betrayal of myself as a happy and mostly satisfied fan by PJ and Co.

I am tired of this. I am really tired of this. Never did I expect this level of foul-play in DOS. I am just so sick and tired of it. Boy am I tired. I'm tired; wake me up when it's over.

Further edit: Those behind the scenes videos were great, thanks for posting those.
THIS: This post gets my vote for BEST POST OF THE YEAR. srsly its perfect cheers Thumbs Up Metal
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:41 pm

''removal of Thranduil's people feasting in the forest'', Forest

wait! what?!!!!! please tell me thats not true!!!! Sad No Crying or Very sad 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:51 pm

A fine dislyay of honed crabbit there Forest- I am impressed indeed Twisted Evil 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 39 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 39  Next