Biffo Banks
Norc
Mrs Figg
bungobaggins
gray gundulf
26 posters

Page 16 of 39 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27 ... 39  Next

Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 16 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS]

Post by bungobaggins Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:55 pm

Major spoilers!

huge spoiler!:

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 16 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:00 pm

:facepalm: Mad 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:01 pm

Laughing
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:21 pm

Mad 

(((Laughing )))
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:33 pm

Okay, I had no idea that that was called that, so I had to look it up. It's still funny, though Very Happy 

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 16 WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:33 pm

lol!
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:37 pm

bungobaggins wrote:Major spoilers!

huge spoiler!:
Very Happy 

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 16 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:17 pm

bungobaggins wrote:Major spoilers!

huge spoiler!:
I see what you did there Very Happy 

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:16 pm

Just had to think about it just enough for it to be the perfect (silly) gag! Very Happy 

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:00 am

Took me awhile Smile

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:27 pm

new tv spot.

are we seriously going to get more dale and azanulbizar flashbacks????????????

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:55 pm

Got to fill those hours up! And Eru forbid they do by using anything that Tolkien chappie bothered writing. In fact I dont know why Tolkien bothered at all instead of just leaving it until PJ and the Coven could come along and do it properly.Rolling Eyes 

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:27 am

From my understanding the Azanulbizar stuff will be more oriented to Thrain and what happened to him this time around. Still seems pretty pointless to me. But who knows Jackson must have a reason right for rehashing everything 12 different times and still pushing the same tired old material at us over and over again. What that reason is I don't have a clue They need to stretch the films out to fill 3 because that is surely a cash cow waiting to be milked is the only thing I can come up with. At least I don't have to pay to see it
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:41 am

In LOTR were there multiple flashbacks to the same events in different films?

I wouldn't count the scene with Elrond and Isildur, because it's in the same movie as the original Last Alliance scene. The flashback at the beginning of TTT doesn't count because it's a flashback to an event that wasn't a flashback.

I can't think of any.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:03 am

bungobaggins wrote:new tv spot.

are we seriously going to get more dale and azanulbizar flashbacks????????????

haha, I love Bilbo's face of dawning realization there.

I believe that shot from Dale was in the first film, but I do agree about that battle-scene: it would appear to be Anazalbuzurburbrumbaz (sp?).

Some Dain might be nice! He was sorely missing the first time around; who knows!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:29 pm

I've got a feeling that we won't e seeing Dain until TABA. Shrugging 

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:44 pm

I'm pretty sure we got a brief glimpse of Dain in the Battle of Azanulbizar (my trick for spelling it is to think "Azanul Bizarre", then combine it into one word and chop off the last two letters Very Happy), but otherwise I suspect you're right, Bungo.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:46 pm

Whats wrong with calling it Asrseandbull?
Its fitting for what Pj gave us- a load of old arse and a ton of bullshit- and its easy to spell. Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:50 pm

Nothing wrong with that, although I internally giggle whenever I hear or read the word "arse". British vulgarities are so cute! I love you
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:56 pm

Better than ass- which is a type of donkey- you Americans are strange. Wink 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:57 pm

But the dual meaning of ass opens up whole new worlds of unintentional hilarity and double entendres. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:01 pm

And I wonder if you ever visit Glasgow and some hulking drunk accosted you with violent swearing such as "I'm going to fucking kill you you little arsehole" if you'd still find it cute! And there's a reasonable chance of that happening if you visit Glasgow- its a sort of greeting for tourists Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:33 pm

I was looking for a place to share this:

Very Happy Laughing 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:38 pm

90 second preview tracks.

I don't understand this marketing strategy.

https://soundcloud.com/watertowermusic/the-hobbit-the-desolation-of

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:39 pm

Thing is funny as that is, and QI always is, it belies a sad fact about Scotland for a long time- we actively tried to get rid of our own accents, to get rid of Scots as a language for a very long time.
Even when I was a kid we used to get told off all the time for using Scots instead of English- the belief was if you sounded too Scottish, if you spoke Scots instead of English you wouldn't be able to get on in the UK- your job prospects ect would be curbed. So we used to quite literally have it knocked out of us.
For me it marked a low point in Scottish self confidence.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 39 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27 ... 39  Next