Kafria
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
32 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

News from the set - Page 13 Empty Re: News from the set

Post by Elthir Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:39 pm

Peter Jackson said: 'Evangeline Lilly will be playing a new character‚ the Woodland Elf, Tauriel. Her name means 'daughter of Mirkwood' and, beyond that, we must leave you guessing!'

I don't know if I mentioned this here already, but 'daughter of Mirkwood' has caused some measure of questioning at at least one other site. More technically the name means 'Forest-daughter', even if the wood she happens to live in is Mirkwood, or was ultimately called 'Mirkwood' by some.

Why she is 'necessary' is another question.
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:11 pm

Lorient Avandi wrote:Ok to put an end to that "elf aging thing" I found something. In the story of Arwen and Aragorn in the Appendix, they first meet when Aragorn is around 20. Aragorn states that she looks no older than him even though she is thousands of years old already. Later they again meet in Lothlorien around 30 years later and it is stated that she hasn't physically, changed. If that isn't enough proof for ya, then I don't know what is

One might argue (not that I am) that Arwen was living, at least for some amount of time in this period, within the scope of Nenya in any case, holding back the effects of time (which brings up the question of Nenya versus Vilya here, with respect to preservation power in their respective realms). Anyway, when Aragorn again meets her...

'She was little changed, for the mortal years had passed her by; yet her face was more grave, and her laughter now seldom was heard.'

One might quibble with 'little' here but I think this actually refers to the changes noted after the semi-colon. In other words she was not changed with respect to mortal years -- yet her face was more grave and so on. Anyway good find on the reference to Arwen's 'age' here, which chimes in nicely enough with her 'years' in yéni I think.
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:50 pm

Evil or Very Mad

She should not be there, nor should the character and in an ideal world nor should PJ and the bloody Coven of Doom!!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:13 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote: Evil or Very Mad

She should not be there, nor should the character and in an ideal world nor should PJ and the bloody Coven of Doom!!

Just so! Nod

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:02 am

Just speaking the Pure Truth wrought in the Shiny Ass of Illuvatar, of course. {{Mmm Wisey I think there's a typo in this most ancient, revered and unquestionably genuine scroll you just made. Shouldn't that be Shiny-ness?}}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:54 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Just speaking the Pure Truth wrought in the Shiny Ass of Illuvatar, of course. {{Mmm Wisey I think there's a typo in this most ancient, revered and unquestionably genuine scroll you just made. Shouldn't that be Shiny-ness?}}}

What Thread do you think you're on? Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:30 am

Doesnt filming start again this month ? Should be abit more gossip about the place Very Happy

Hey ho! To the bottle I go

To heal my heart and drown my woe

Rain may fall and wind may blow

But there still be

Many miles to go

Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain

And the stream that falls

From hill to plain

Better than rain or rippling brook

Is a mug of beer inside this Took
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:29 am

What rubbish! Why not a Tolkien song in a Tolkien movie?

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:04 am

More characters in The Hobbit needed Question say's elf girl

http://www.movieweb.com/news/the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-needed-new-characters-says-evangeline-lilly
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:30 am

From 2 dimensional to 3 dimensional, WHAT? the story was very 3 Dimensional in a figurative sense, and it just sounds stupid to say literally!

News from the set - Page 13 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:53 am

Evangeline Lilly is such a girlie girl! Rolling Eyes She's two dimensional herself if she thinks The Hobbit is two dimensional. A Purist herself? Well, she doesn't sound like one! Mad (Damn girlie girl! Rolling Eyes )

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:04 pm

Well, TH's a lovely book and definately not two-dimensional when it comes to figerative language, but I can understand people saying why some of of the characters are two-dimensional and flat. Especially the dwarfs. Too many of them really. Gandalf doesn't change. Bilbo does. A bit two-dimensional in that sense I suppose. Not that's bad or anything- it is a childrens book anyway.

" The The Hobbit didn't include female characters at all and was a very linear story, a book for children, really."

Which basically means we're adding loads of hot women, and we didn't want to create a childrens film so we're changing stuff haters."

UGH, which makes it painfully obvious that all the people who make decisions in these big monster films are male. 'cos if I was in charge I'd cast Chris O'Dowd and other hot men as bit characters, some made up, some borrowed from other stories. Maybe the whole male cast of LOTR can shoot in via a time machine and we can have a nice cosy reunion! Just no women- that wouldn't make anysense.

GOSH, I'M SO FRIEKING AWESOME! Very Happy Very Happy

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:05 pm

Orwell wrote:Evangeline Lilly is such a girlie girl! Rolling Eyes She's two dimensional herself if she thinks The Hobbit is two dimensional. A Purist herself? Well, she doesn't sound like one! Mad (Damn girlie girl! Rolling Eyes )

I'd rather be a girly girl than, well, that girl in your avatar... Razz

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:57 pm

Well as a Purist I would say this woman is obviously crazy and deluded (but enough about Ally). TH is perfectly fine with the cast of characters Tolkien furnished it with. The only way in which you would need new characters is if you plan to ignore most of the book in favour of making all your own stuff up. Surely that's not what PJ is doing? Rolling Eyes

And I think Ally it is just as well you are not in charge of TH either as I supsect all we would get would be a film with all your favourite male actors in a hot tub! Shocked

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:41 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Well as a Purist I would say this woman is obviously crazy and deluded (but enough about Ally).

Gold! lol!

Pettytyrant101 wrote:And I think Ally it is just as well you are not in charge of TH either as I supsect all we would get would be a film with all your favourite male actors in a hot tub! Shocked

No, it would be something far more exotic than that {{{Ally's become quite esoterical lately, don't you think - or poetical maybe - I mean, she's been a bit too hard to comprehend - in a good way - I think - typical artyfarty type, where was I -- oh yes -}}}; Ally would prefer sequins and Pan flutes and loads of cream included - absolutely no doubt about that... though I do hear Orlando Bloom is allergic to cream.... just heard... Embarassed {{{cyclops}}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Wisey Banks Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:49 pm

Oh cute boys a'bathing
with their bare bellies
showing - all six-packed -
above stacks of jelly
and sequins and fresh cream,
Pan Flutes and Ally,
in June... ha ha....

"The Elvish Song left out of the Rivendell Scene - TH." As contemplated by Tolkien, if he had not passed on before hand.

Wisey Banks

Chief Forumshire Channeller

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:12 pm

"though I do hear Orlando Bloom is allergic to cream"- Orwell

Oddly enough I'd heard rumours saying exactly the oppositie. Shocked

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:43 pm

I was thinking "dairy" not "hand"... (I hope you're not thinking of something too vulgar to mention, Petty?)

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:52 pm

Ally wrote:I'd rather be a girly girl than, well, that girl in your avatar... Razz

And how was that called for, Ally? You're out of control! Rolling Eyes

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:27 am

Vulgar? study......... Shocked How could you think Orwell that my mind would be so far in the gutter? I am outraged. As if. {{ Nod }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:40 am

I I love you Orlando!!!!! In fact, he and Luke Evans (the guy playing Bard) are both in 3 Musketeers. Bloom is Buckingham, and Luke Evans is Aramis.
And they're both hotties!! I love you I love you I love you

{{{{{{{{{{{{If Beren hears about this, you'll all be hanged by your toenails until the buckie runs dry!!!}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:39 am

{{{I'm not sure, your Majesty, but shouldn't you be setting a better example? Suspect }}}

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:58 am

{{{I'll say! 'until the buckie runs dry'!! affraid My blood runs colder than a buckie chilled on the Grinding Ice. Your disgraceful immoral disloyalty to Beren shall be our secret your Maj don't you worry. Or at least it will for as long as the buckie is at risk.}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:39 am

{{{{{{{{{Ok, ok, so I maybe should act a bit more maturely, but here's how I see it. I know Beren is my one and only, and he knows I'm his, so it's ok to flirt or look around from time to time!}}}}}

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:48 am

{{{{I rather think Tin that taking maturity pointers from me and morality pointers from Orwell is a bit like a chocolate teapot- a bit of a mad idea bound to end in embarassment and with a lap full of unwelcome hot goo (chocolate of course). So carry on regardless Tin! I rather like having a disreputable Monarch.}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next