Sinister71
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
Norc
29 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 26 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS]

Post by RA Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:34 am

So Jackson's going for the gold then.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 26 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS]

Post by Norc Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:51 am

gold what? SMAUG! oh please let it be a golden smaug PLEAASE!

(we know his gem-filled underbelly won't happen Sad )
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:47 am

At least it can't be any more bafflingly out of left field than Evangelion 3.0, which I watched today. Mad Although it did have the most homoerotic scene of piano playing that I've ever seen, so that's ... something?
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:47 am

A picture of Beorn was put up then quickly taken down again. Did any one see it ?

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:47 am

Not sure if this is it.

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 26 Tumblr_mrap7hFy5A1rgyiu5o1_500

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:49 am

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 26 Tumblr_mra7laNDcv1re3c2eo1_500

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:23 am

yes, it's beorn cus warner bros asked the one ring to remove it. looks like david bowie.
http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2013/08/09/76752-sd-calendar-reveals-a-new-image-of-beorn-in-human-form/
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:12 pm

this is getting more dumb by the minute. Beorn looks horrible.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:26 pm

yes. second that. jeeesus.. what's wrong with the standard bear-dude, muscles and hairy..?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:27 pm

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 26 1170776_10151632677439821_1781547249_n
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:32 pm

at least he's in the film - he could've been left out just as easily as Bombadil.

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 26 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:42 pm

Yes, hes in the film, Im glad but, I cant remember where Ive seen a "monster" depicted like him in any other film before ? I say that because thats NOT the Beorn I had in MY imagination ! The only thing that springs to mind is the "Underworld" films ? that Beorn is a vampire/werewolf cross ? Is this his "day wear" ? I hope not ! as we've seen him if only for a FEW seconds as a bear ? & there was a poster shot of him & Gandalf with him in his "Bear" form.

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 26 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 26 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:16 pm

Laughing @ Sonic the Beorn

Also, why is Beorn urinating on a tree stump?
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:23 pm

TORn reports that the DOS world premiere will (probably) be held in Los Angeles and speculate that the TABA premiere will be in London.

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2013/08/10/76780-desolation-of-smaug-world-premiere-set-for-los-angeles/
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:32 pm

beorn sux, almost so that i wish they'de left him out. come on. i hope they keep the way they meet him they same as in the book but i have my doubts...i don't see why they want him to look like a glam-rocker from the 80's... and his bear-shape, i am not too happy about that either (pay attention to the "hair" on his head yukk..)

this is how i've always pictured him:
The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 26 BeornThe Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 26 062-Beorn-portThe Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 26 250px-Nicholas_Bayrachny_-_Beorn

in the movie poster the bear shape looks like this.
The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 26 Gandalf_and_beorn
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:38 pm

I agree with you Norc, & the pictures you put up are the ones I imagined in my head ! Nod 

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 26 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 26 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:32 pm

We've not seen much of him yet, only that he's got a long mane of hair. I'm just happy he's still in the film Smile

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 26 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:06 pm

i dunno yet.. i've kinda come to terms with the fact that the book and the movies are going to be very different, but i don't like this beorn look ... i hope mikael persbrandt can bring something to the role though. and we get to see benedict so i am fine Very Happy

although, what the hell is TABA going to be about? just the journey home? there's not that much plot? is the last movie gonna be one huge battle scene with the battle of five armies? i mean, we get to see the dragon in the next movie..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:20 pm

Beorn looks half man half hedgehog! Laughing 

As to the romance you mention Mrs Figg between Xena elf and beardless git- I cant say I am surprised- horrified yes, surprised no. Mad 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:46 pm

beorn suuuucks!!!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:41 pm

its all very sad they felt they had to make Beorn trendy fauxhawk Sigue Sigue Sputnic.

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 26 ImagesCA8MLEG9_zpsb10c3df4
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:56 pm

Of all the characters I thought they would give the expected traditional look to it was Beorn- big beefy bloke with shaggy hair and a beard- not whatever the hell that spikey headed thing is. Mad 
More I see more I am convinced they actually hate everything Tolkien and are going out their way to piss on each individual piece bit by bit. Evil or Very Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:37 pm

kinda agree petty.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:19 am

Can the argument that these movies are in spirit of Tolkien finally be damaged beyond repair?
Seriously this need to have everything dark and broody is getting to be a bit much.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:23 am

Norc wrote:beorn sux, almost so that i wish they'de left him out. come on. i hope they keep the way they meet him they same as in the book but i have my doubts...i don't see why they want him to look like a glam-rocker from the 80's... and his bear-shape, i am not too happy about that either (pay attention to the "hair" on his head yukk..)

this is how i've always pictured him:
The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 26 BeornThe Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 26 062-Beorn-portThe Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 26 250px-Nicholas_Bayrachny_-_Beorn

in the movie poster the bear shape looks like this.
The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 26 Gandalf_and_beorn
Nod 
Friendly, but dangerous.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next