Sinister71
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
Norc
29 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 33 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS]

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:53 pm

just wear rubber gloves if you do
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 33 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS]

Post by RA Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:40 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:yes True Grit did have great landscapes but its not exactly an epic, anyway the Coen Brothers are cool, I like their films, they do relationships between oddballs very well.
They made the Big Lebowski which is my favorite movie. Very Happy 

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:44 am

Recoveryanonymous wrote:They made the Big Lebowski which is my favorite movie. Very Happy 
Thumbs Up pub 

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:01 am

bungobaggins wrote:
Recoveryanonymous wrote:They made the Big Lebowski which is my favorite movie. Very Happy 
Thumbs Up pub 

lol! 
The ending was great. 1:45 I mean.
(777th cheers )

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:14 am

I thought some of the editing was clever.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:09 pm

Nice. I liked 2:17 the most! Legolas is totally out of his element. Thumbs Up 

But when I think about it more, Legolas is a lot like Donny. Shocked He walks aimlessly into most conversations and destroys them from a need to have things explained at a ridiculously basic level.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:29 pm

bungobaggins wrote:Nice. I liked 2:17 the most! Legolas is totally out of his element. Thumbs Up 

But when I think about it more, Legolas is a lot like Donny. Shocked He walks aimlessly into most conversations and destroys them from a need to have things explained at a ridiculously basic level.
Sorry this is Off Topic but every time I see your gif at the bottom Bungo I keep wishing Jackson would just fall in with that shark so we could get some satisfaction by watching the shark rip him to shreds. But at the same time I don't think anyone even a shark could eat that much bullshit Shocked 

Then I would feel bad and want to get that shark some TUMS for what would surely be indigestion Laughing
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:48 pm

Did I miss PJ's previous career as a professional dog-kicker or something?
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:52 pm

Ain't getting worked up anymore Shrugging 

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:28 am

Sinister71 wrote:Sorry this is Off Topic but every time I see your gif at the bottom Bungo I keep wishing Jackson would just fall in with that shark so we could get some satisfaction by watching the shark rip him to shreds. But at the same time I don't think anyone even a shark could eat that much bullshit Shocked 

Then I would feel bad and want to get that shark some TUMS for what would surely be indigestion Laughing
Here, Sin, I made this for you. It doesn't have the ripping to shreds that you wanted, but I threw in a hint of demonic possession to make up for it.

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 33 IbnkSCUPFG041x

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:20 am

bungobaggins wrote:
Sinister71 wrote:Sorry this is Off Topic but every time I see your gif at the bottom Bungo I keep wishing Jackson would just fall in with that shark so we could get some satisfaction by watching the shark rip him to shreds. But at the same time I don't think anyone even a shark could eat that much bullshit Shocked 

Here, Sin, I made this for you. It doesn't have the ripping to shreds that you wanted, but I threw in a hint of demonic possession to make up for it.

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 33 IbnkSCUPFG041x
Twisted Evil  LMAO Twisted Evil 
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:51 am

This made me laugh. Laughing Starts at about 0:25.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:59 am

lol! Bungo

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:48 pm

lol!  to everyone
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:15 pm

Well, ya know, that's just like your opinion, man! lol! One of my favorite quotes from TBL. Laughing 

Glad you all liked the gif. I'd love to see someone post it to torn, and the subsequent reactions from the regulars. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:02 pm

I think I am banned from Bree! Shocked is anyone else having problems getting on the site?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:12 pm

well the other Hobbit forum (Bree as its often called here)looks to be shut down at this point.  Whomever the new owners were must have either decided to shut it down or are reworking the site for some reason but it has been down all day. And whatever was done to the site could only have been done on the level of interaction that the new owner would have since they never gave Stu or I any of THAT kind of power over the site. Kind of funny this happened since I posted several negative TORn comments there about their one sidedness towards Jackson's films and it negative impact on Tolkien. Funny how all the sudden I get banned one place and the other gets dismantled... hmmmmm?!? coincidence I think not.

Looks like I am gonna be looking at starting my own domain and setting up a Hobbit site of my own. Then I will be lord and master of it Bwahahahaha Twisted Evil . No seriously though once I find out more about Bree and its status I'll let everyone who posted there know more. Though I probably WILL be setting up my own Tolkien LOTR Hobbit site sometime in the foreseeable future which will be open to anyone who loves the books films whatever as ong as its related to Tolkien and his writings. So I suppose I'll have to put aside some space for Jackson lovers too but granted it won't be nearly as big as TORn. I prefer to stay more towards the Tolkien aspect of the stories and his mythologies with any fan fiction being kept to a minimum unless its by the posters on the boards.
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:16 pm

It appears to be gone Mrs Figg. Sad 

All I get is a page saying - "Coming soon: Another fine website hosted by Webfaction"

Not that Ive been able to sign in there for a long time anyway as it blocked me ages ago, but I could till go there and read stuff at least.

Perhaps we should expect Forumshires second wave of refugees- oddly enough I wrote this in the epilogue of my Dark Planet story about Bree-

“What's the matter Petty?” Eldo asked, “I thought you would be pleased.”
“I am,” Petty replied, “It's just. I have a feeling in my water, deep down in the buckie that one day Taz will start all over again. And when he does, this place will be the first to go.”
“Well if that happens they will just have to take their chances, same as we did,” Eldo replied.

Although wasnt Taz this time, still be a shame if its actually gone- were many good posts there.

simupost Sin!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:42 pm

Got some horrible flashbacks reading this Sofa I hope Bree goes back up again. I don't post there, but I know too well how much it sucks when a community like this gets shut down and there's nothing you can do about it. We should let them know there's an open door (or login button) here if anyone has any breelanders' email addresses, in case the worst happens and the forum goes down permanently.

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 33 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:53 pm

well your blocking over at Bree was unintentionally done by the old webmasters at Planet Tolkien on their last attempted clean up of the place. To which I never could get resolution out of by them OR the new owners. I believe this latest roadblock is an attempt to finally get rid of it for good. Since when you type in Hobbit and movie it was one of the TOP links to be seen by all... Personally I am of the mindset TORn actually bought the place or someone affiliated with TORn did. Mainly in my comments to several people there that I would take my views to a place that I was in charge of and couldn't be gotten rid of from. Next thing I know Bree is gone... I don't think its a coincidence.

Like I said I have decided to open my own site pending name
Tolkienandthe-REAL-Hobbit.com

My anti Jackson Hobbit site Twisted Evil although I will have movie friendly forums too but I plan to mainly highlight Tolkien's works as apposed to Highlighting and praising Jackson and his alternative versions which do NOT resemble the great stories Tolkien wrote.

Something I know will get my point across and not get people confused about the site. I try not to be misleading like Jackson and WB. I want people to know this is a site for TOLKIEN fans first and foremost and not mislead them with heading like "Forged for and by the fans of Tolkien" when if you praise Tolkien and say bad things bout Peter Jackson's film butchery you get ridiculed and either forced to leave or forcibly banned.
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:26 pm

So they finally wiped Bree off the map.
Hopefully the others are able to find their way here... pale 

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:33 pm

I'm gonna miss that place. It's where I started out.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:50 pm

Should we set up a soup kitchen and towel stand for refugees?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:19 am

Oh man, it sucks that Bree is gone. Sad Two great forums hosted on the site, plus it was the biggest and highest-Google-ranked Hobbit news blog other than TORn.  I hope there was just a technical error or maybe a delayed payment and that the site will come back up, but more likely the new owners just didn't give enough of a fuck to keep paying for the site.

My fingers are crossed that all the Bree-landers are able to find their way back together.  This place is open to you guys to gather in for as long as you need to.  I think most of the regulars on Bree have heard of Forumshire by now so hopefully no one will be completely lost and confused.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:21 am

Hmm, looking at the error page on WebFaction's site, I think this one is the most likely reason:

Cause: You account has been disabled because of a billing problem, TOS or AUP violation, or some other problem concerning your account.

Resolution: If WebFaction disables your account, we will contact you via your account contact email address to let you know the reason and corrective action required. If you suspect that your account has been disabled and you have not been contacted, please open a support ticket.
Not sure what can be done if you're not the account-holder but someone could try e-mailing WebFaction and asking for information. Shrugging
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next