chris63
Eldorion
Mrs Figg
azriel
Bluebottle
19 posters

Page 11 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Go down

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 11 Empty Re: Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4]

Post by halfwise Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:25 pm

Chris63 wrote:Isengard. Merry and Pippin made Gimli and Legolas somthing to eat and then went outside for a smoke. Quite a bit of interaction between the Hobbits, dwarf and elf.
You're right!  And come to think of it, during the Last Debate, Legolas and Gimli told them all about the Paths of the Dead.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 11 Empty Re: Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4]

Post by chris63 Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:14 am

Andy morphing into the ape is good.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:03 am

THE LORD OF THE RINGS 3D Lamp 8 Changeable Colors big size [FREE SHIPPING]

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 11 IMG_2589_1024x1024

https://www.lampsillu.shop/collections/3d-illusion-lamps/products/the-lord-of-the-rings-3d-lamp-8-changeable-colors-big-size-free-shipping

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:47 am

{{{Thats quite neat Chris- not sure about that colour but nice. Be good if the lettering can be set to fade away and fade in too }}}

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 11 20031813_803809286449746_8906125034773403857_n_zpsqaiw6stb

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:11 am

That got me. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:19 pm

Laughing Rolling Eyes

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:30 pm

Oooh yeah !

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 11 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 11 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:39 pm

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:41 pm

I didn't know anyone had tried to construct Khuzdul. At first glance I thought that may have been a video by Elena the Elf.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:15 pm

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 11 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:53 pm

FOTR, using the concept from "Bee Movie but every time they see bee it gets faster". Laughing

Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:20 pm

Ive heard wild animals chirp like that in wildlife documentaries Razz I think I got a headache at the end, it went so fast Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:40 am

Who the hell is Tom Bom ba dil ?

Some of the pronunciations in this video Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:55 pm

Ser-ron ? Siraman ? Moider ? oh feck Rolling Eyes

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:28 pm

Tom bom BAH dil. Razz But how do we know any different? Is his name a known language? I assume it was the common northern dialect which Tolkien translated into something that sounded English, but in that case I don't see that we have any guidance on how to pronounce it.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:25 am

I still say Smorg not Smawg and i say War-gs not Waargs.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:06 am

Uhuh Nod
Praps the one way to shut people up about how you pronounce this or that is to have Tolkien himself say it. As of in an interview,

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:35 pm

If only you Brit types would realize that you shouldn't spell out a letter you don't even pronounce. Rolling Eyes

What you really mean is you are saying "Smog", but right before you get to the 'g' you start to throw an 'r' in there but back off in embarrassment before you really get around to pronouncing it, therefore prolonging the 'o' and giving 'g' a short chance for a breather before you say it.

But you're not saying "Smorg". Evil or Very Mad

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:25 am

I'v said Smorg for the last 40yrs. Never heard it called anything else till the Hobbit movie came out.
My dad got me on to these books and he said smorg, so i probably got it from him.
Mind you when you watch the extra's on the DVD alot of the crew say Smorg not Smawg. Wink

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/smwaug-or-smorg

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:22 am

He'll always be Schmow-oog to me.

{{{I say Smog.}}}
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:01 pm

Banghead

I need to hear a recording of a Brit-type saying 'Smawg' versus 'Smorg'. Though Americans pronounce them very different (because we actually pronounce an r) for the Brits I think it's mainly in their heads. Perhaps throwing a little nasal in there at best.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:07 pm

I vaguely recall getting into an argument on here during a previous Smaug thread where someone posted one of those "how to pronounce" videos for the word "August" and everyone agreed that the word was pronounced correctly but the Brits swore up and down that the guy in the video produced an R sound and the Americans swore up and down that he didn't and it was just really weird.

{{{We were totally right though USA }}}
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:22 pm

I think if you throw a little 'u' in with an 'a', Brits somehow manage to hear an 'r'. Clueless. No Tolkien spelled it right at least; you wouldn't catch him throwing an 'r' in just to mess with a vowal sound. He rightfully put a 'u' in there. And you pronounce it, and it's NOT AN R.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:28 pm

Hmm...I'll have to dig out my record of Tolkien reading from his work. I don't recall that there's a section including Smaourgh, but there's a chance.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:47 pm

halfwise wrote:I think if you throw a little 'u' in with an 'a', Brits somehow manage to hear an 'r'.  Clueless. No   Tolkien spelled it right at least; you wouldn't catch him throwing an 'r' in just to mess with a vowal sound.  He rightfully put a 'u' in there.  And you pronounce it, and it's NOT AN R.

My takeaway from this is that we should start writing the dragon's name as "Smag" to remove ambiguity. Nod
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 30  Next