Elthir
RA
Bluebottle
Forest Shepherd
Eldorion
25 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 5 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2]

Post by halfwise Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:03 pm

The existence of a Tauriel character poster says a lot about how the film-makers have let their egos go to their heads. I'd probably get more worked up about it if she weren't so hot looking....

Pettytyrant101 wrote:There is Tauriel poster too, but I just cant bring myself to put it up. Given the trend of up close, high detail, dirt and blood images so far in these character posters even I think the Tauriel one is a sexist airbrushed glamour shot. Not so much as a skin pore in sight let alone any dirt or marks.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 5 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2]

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:21 pm

halfwise wrote:The existence of a Tauriel character poster says a lot about how the film-makers have let their egos go to their heads.  I'd probably get more worked up about it if she weren't so hot looking....

Pettytyrant101 wrote:There is Tauriel poster too, but I just cant bring myself to put it up. Given the trend of up close, high detail, dirt and blood images so far in these character posters even I think the Tauriel one is a sexist airbrushed glamour shot. Not so much as a skin pore in sight let alone any dirt or marks.

I thought you were up Kili? or is that too personal a question. Embarassed
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:16 pm

The route to Tauriel seems to be up Kili, as there seems to be some connection there. Important to sequence your humps correctly.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:19 pm

Well the NotP are pleased with your heroic endeavours Halfy- the headlines write themselves! Very Happy

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:42 pm

why are men's pores ok, but women should have smooth, rubber-dolphin-skin?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:44 pm

'Cause dolphins are sexy. Nod

Wait, what were we talking about? scratch
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:15 pm

Wether dolphins are sexy? scratch

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:17 pm

Thing is even when you compare it to the Legolas poster, which has obviously had a bit of work done as well, the difference is still pretty.. shocking.

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 5 The_Hobbit:_The_Battle_of_the_Five_Armies_16Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 5 The_Hobbit:_The_Battle_of_the_Five_Armies_13

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:28 pm

Well here is the Thorin, Legolas and the Tauriel one for comparison-

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 5 Hobbit_the_battle_of_the_five_armies_ver9_xlg_zps026c5d52

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 5 Hobbit_legolas_poster-720x1066_zpsfbcf0418

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 5 Tauriel_hobbit_the_battle_of_the_five_armies_ver10_xlg-720x1067_zps78fe04f6

They have airbrushed her face till its as smooth as a baby's bum. Quite right too, cant have females going about looking real now can we. (It really does amaze me how female characters have been written and presented in these films given the writers stated desire to make it more female friendly and to include 'feminine energy'.)

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:29 pm

Sorry, but in that poster he looks as tho he's coated in wax, & its set hard. Smile leggy that is. Towel-rail has been air brushed, the ladies always are Rolling Eyes

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 5 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 5 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:31 pm

Thorin looks like he had a vicious fight with a Brillo pad & the pad won

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 5 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:32 pm

Thing is though Legolamb has been airbrushed, but you can still see details on his skin over his entire face, poor old Tauriel has been given a spray-painting into blandness.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:35 pm

"Muh feminine energy." - Philippa Boyens

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:43 pm

ha ha Legolas has gone from ethereal elf to Barry from Eastenders, he looks like he has just done some moonlighting down't building site.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:47 pm

When I saw the name "Barry" I straight away thought.....

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 5 Dame-Edna-e1332199394929_zps14ce4fff

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:57 pm

Thrandy poster- still horribly photoshopped but less so than the ladies still, quite a bit less so. So its not an elves thing- its a female thing.
Seems only the men are allowed to have pores! Guess it must be unattractive in a woman to look normal if your WB or PJ.

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 5 Bz18lohIUAE7De9jpglarge_zps7a8549f0

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:10 pm

I don't know why we're going for character shots in these promotional posters: it's not as though BotFA is a character study.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by parzival Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:38 pm

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 5 2u9nw2o
parzival
parzival
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:11 pm

I think they are trying to outdo the Game of thrones posters, but failing.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:20 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:I don't know why we're going for character shots in these promotional posters: it's not as though BotFA is a character study.

PJ did call it a"psychological thriller." Rolling Eyes

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:21 pm

parzival wrote:Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 5 2u9nw2o

slap laugh

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by parzival Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:29 pm

bungobaggins wrote:
parzival wrote:Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 5 2u9nw2o

slap laugh

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Think we could get this on the official Hobbit facebook page? Very Happy
parzival
parzival
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:35 pm

Doooooo eeeeeet!!!!!

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:46 pm

Peejers looks not unlike leo Mckern......

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 5 Leo_zps88c6a140

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:48 pm

Number 2!!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next