Elthir
RA
Bluebottle
Forest Shepherd
Eldorion
25 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 4 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2]

Post by Eldorion Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:58 pm

Another BOFA character poster making the rounds. This time it's Gandalf. I expect the trailer will drop in the next week or so at most, given the build-up.

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 4 YiPtch1
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 4 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2]

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:26 pm

#notmygandalf No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:38 pm

Why does it say the 17th when the premier is on the 10th? scratch

Although Oslo has cheated again and is having it on the 9th, although only by a minute this time. Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:41 pm

It's the American premier, of course. :facepalm:

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:54 pm

I find it weird it's a wednesday premier. Kids are probably still in school and it's a weekday. I sense a shitty opening weekend

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 4 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:17 pm

All the LOTR movies were released on Wednesdays mid-way through December. Shrugging

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:50 pm

It doesnt matter what day its released, it'll be shitty, (as endorsed by Tinuviel Very Happy ) Not worth the popcorn over.

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 4 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 4 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:27 pm

Actually it will be worth the popcorn, because its lore-breaking will be entertaining.
It's not like watching Transformer's or something, where you just hate everyone on screen. There are sincerely likeable people in The Hobbit, it is how they are used by the director that makes us dislike their characters.
And I would actually expect a good opening weekend. This big blockbuster battle will appeal to many of the same viewers who were put off by the lack of "action" in the first two films.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:17 pm

That's a good point. I'm also kind of looking forward to it just to see how much of a spectacle Jackson might manage to make of it.

Obviously it'll be a train crash of an adaptation and movie, probably, but hopefully it might be funny.. in a train crash sort of way.. Shrugging

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:25 pm

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 4 10672184_735646809804260_7846569487888348570_n

His chubby cheeks remind me of this guy.

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 4 Swg190OP_400x400

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:15 pm

Its not just his cuddly face but also his cuddly body. He was so Elf like in LOTRs, slender, lithe, fresh faced pre-puberty looking.Even his voice was virginal, but now, if he had not played Legolas in LOTRs he could pass for Thrandy. He's solid, sturdy, his face is mature.his voice deeper, Talk about arse about face Rolling Eyes

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 4 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:40 pm

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 4 I5dMzqI

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:01 pm

Gandalf looks like he's in agreement with Bilbo Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:43 pm

good grief! I thought these publicity posters couldnt get any uglier when up pops Legolas looking like a Twilight vampire has mated with Lord Grantham from Downton Abbey.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:20 pm

This complaining about Orlando Bloom's "pudginess" is starting to annoy me.
If you want to talk about the cgi that makes him glow strangely (or smooth his wrinkles out unnaturally), or the reality that he is more than 10 years older than he used to be, go ahead.
But don't try to argue that he went the way of Elvis Presley or something; Bloom looks just fine still!
Mutant-creation of Asian-scientists Elijah Wood is no kind of standard for the development of the male body.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:57 pm

he isnt pudgy by normal standards of pudge, he isnt, he is quite slim and trim by the usual Hollywood standards, but the fact he looks nothing like LOTR Legolas is very noticeable and irritating, just for the continuity if nothing else.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:32 pm

Agreed.
I suppose I overreacted. The comparison to the Puff Boy or whatever it was from Ghostbusters was rather rankling is all.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:53 pm

I just see those cheeks and I want to squeeze them like an old grandmother. Shrugging

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:56 pm

Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:30 pm

I wanna knock on his forehead to see if he really is plastic

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:15 am

Wow, after all this IS fantasy. The makeup artist used a very different technique and they all look quite different to me. Why should they not look different? People change back and forth, and often when you are younger you have wide faces and fleshier cheeks that go in with age.
And he was a lot closer to just getting over his back injury and the long term pain associated with it. He is a vegetarian, I think a vegan and he does a lot of physical things. He looks well to me. I think he was a very different elf at that time. More stuck to the forest and his people and darker and less tolerant like his father. Coming to meet the others and travelling with Aragorn and Gimli softened him and the look was lighter and more light hearted.
I noticed the makeup and how it cast shadows right away. It certainly made Evangeline look older and wider than she is. She is gorgeous and super thin.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:21 pm

Elijah wood is the true elf, can anyone believe he's the same ate as orly?

Also i like these new character posters
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:25 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:good grief! I thought these publicity posters couldnt get any uglier when up pops Legolas looking like a Twilight vampire has mated with Lord Grantham from Downton Abbey.

Laughing but honestly though, coloured contact lekse shave definitely improved!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:24 am

bungobaggins wrote:Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [2] - Page 4 I5dMzqI
My thoughts exactly... Very Happy

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:49 am

There is Tauriel poster too, but I just cant bring myself to put it up. Given the trend of up close, high detail, dirt and blood images so far in these character posters even I think the Tauriel one is a sexist airbrushed glamour shot. Not so much as a skin pore in sight let alone any dirt or marks.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next