Norc
bungobaggins
azriel
Mrs Figg
Forest Shepherd
10 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

Roll to Dodge! - Page 14 Empty Re: Roll to Dodge!

Post by azriel Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:32 pm

You know I really should get some sleep ! Very Happy I think I just read it ? if I have.....Ive got an idea Nod If I havent ?......... Im nuttier than I thought !

Roll to Dodge! - Page 14 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Roll to Dodge! - Page 14 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:44 am

And I'm sorry that I haven't managed to notice the update for 12 days Embarassed I'll get back to this soon, forest!

Roll to Dodge! - Page 14 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:08 pm

Hey no worries!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:48 pm

Spoiler:

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:49 pm

And once again, sorry for taking so long - I simply missed the update, which is stupid I know Embarassed

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:48 pm

Round 5

Roll to Dodge! - Page 14 640px-George_Cole_-_Harvest_Rest

Thursday Afternoon:
Mr. Crumblebuckie Only:

Lady Rose Only:

Ringo Only:

Marigold Scroggins Only:

Here's the map of the area again, for reference:
Buningca-haye:

Game Rules
(scroll down on both of these links)

Cast of Characters

Last edited by Forest Shepherd on Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:20 pm; edited 6 times in total

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:02 pm

cheers

Spoiler:

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:08 pm

Good point, I have enough trouble myself trying to find old stuff.

I added the map, and ease-of-use links to the rules and characters pages.

Petty:

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:15 pm

"Good point, I have enough trouble myself trying to find old stuff.

I added the map, and ease-of-use links to the rules and characters pages." - Forest

Do what I did, bookmark page 15 Smile

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:19 pm

Good idea! I only wish there was some way we could collect all of the Rounds and put them together for easy-reading.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:11 pm

Maybe at the start of every round you should put the map up again.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:12 pm

Spoiler:

Roll to Dodge! - Page 14 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Roll to Dodge! - Page 14 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:22 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Maybe at the start of every round you should put the map up again.
I'll have the map and those same links after every round now. I might even include all three rounds of the day every evening, as that's meant to be when you all get together and share what you've been up to. If I do you won't have to look back through the last few pages to read the day's rounds.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:50 pm

Spoiler:
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:27 pm

Sorry this has taken so long (again!) Forest, I've been studying for an exam, so I haven't had the time until today

Spoiler:

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:56 pm

Cool, thanks for updating everyone. I have work down south again through, at least, Thursday. So I won't be updating until after that.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:45 pm

Darnit! I got my notes together and was about to update... and Petty hasn't yet submitted his next action! Mad

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:21 pm

Ahem. *bump*
I know it's been ages, but.. well maybe I should put up a synopsis for those who have been away too long.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:56 pm

good idea I kinda lost track of where we were.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:21 pm

So has Petty the Inebrious!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:27 pm

Hey I am not inebrious Evil or Very Mad - what does inebrious mean anyway? study Oh! Ok I am but thats not the point!!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:08 am

Haha, I loved re-reading the first game of this. I didn't really know what I was doing with the second game and I think I come across as over-bearing and not very fun in some parts. Sorry Mrs. Figg!

It's funny re-reading these first attempts of mine to GM a game after years since in which I've run games of D&D and Call of Cthulhu and Mouse Guard.

Thanks everyone who participated. It was fun!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:33 am

From Beyond the Stars, an RTD That's right, it's back!
A Roll to Dodge game in which you play as an elder god, gain cultists and get them to summon you to the earth, and claim dominion over it before the other elder gods beat you to it... or Cthulhu wakes up. (mostly taken from Aslandus' thread on the Bay 12 Forums)

Roll to Dodge! - Page 14 28172_orig

Rules:
Each player is an elder god, a mysterious and sanity-breaking being that can influence humanity into serving it. To make a character, do the following:

1. Choose two traits from the following list: Charismatic (you easily attract followers (cultists)), Mighty (your physical form is strong and resilient), Potent (your eldritch abilities are especially effective).

2. Give yourself 3 eldritch abilities. These can be anything from: your cultists can read minds, you can create tornadoes or floods at will, you are immune to bullets, the sight of you turns non-cultists mad, etc.

3. Describe what you look like. Not all eldritch horrors have to be big swirling masses of eyeballs on leathern wings, perhaps you take the form of a pack of coyotes, or a scarecrow with burning eyes, or a movie actor.

4. Give yourself a name.

Everyone starts as an elder god in some unknown realm beyond the stars. Searching far and wide with your malignant gaze, you have espied a whole world of puny, mortal creatures called "humans" who can be made to serve you. All you have to do is get enough of them together to summon you from your astral prison. Once physically on the earth, your full might can be brought to bear towards your ultimate goal of dominating the earth and shaping it in your image. The humans most receptive to your bizarre influence all live on the Pacific Coast of the U.S. and Canada, so you'll probably be summoned to California or Oregon or B.C. or nearby.

Roll to Dodge! - Page 14 Maxresdefault

So, the main thing at first is to get cultists. You need at least 50 of them for them to summon you. You also want lots of them so that they can do your bidding. Once you get them, you can tell them what to do. On the other hand, it is possible that some of these pathetic humans will band together against you once your presence is known to them, forming groups of investigators that will attempt to foil the plots of your cultists, or even move against you if they can. Also, Cthulhu is not going to sleep forever, eventually he will rise and destroy everything unless you have grown more powerful than him by that point.

As a quick reminder, in Roll to Dodge, everyone says a thing that they want to do (and what they want their cultists to do, once they have them), and I roll a six-sided die to see how well that goes, with the following results:

[1] - Epic Fail. The action was not performed, and backfired horribly.
[2] - Fail. Nothing happened.
[3] - Partial Success.
[4] - Success. The action was carried out adequately.
[5] - Epic Success. The action succeeded in the most positive way possible.
[6] - Overshot. Though the result was achieved, the action backfires horribly due to disproportionately large effort.

The choices you made when you made your horror can influence the results. So that if you wrote: gather cultists to my cause and rolled a 5 when your horror has the Charismatic trait, you would attract twice as many followers with this action than you would have if you did not have the Charismatic trait.

The game ends when:
1. You are the only elder god left alive.
2. Cthulhu rises and manages to kill everyone.
3. Cthulhu is defeated, joint victory to anyone left alive at that point.

Eldritch Horrors:

<space reserved>

{{{If there's little interest in this topic, but something else would be more appealing, do let me know and we can switch to that instead. Smile }}}

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14