Mrs Figg
Eldorion
20 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Game of Thrones -- TV ONLY - Page 24 Empty Re: Game of Thrones -- TV ONLY

Post by Bluebottle Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:28 pm

Nod

Game of Thrones -- TV ONLY - Page 24 Season-5-Trailer-Arya-at-The-House-of-Black-and-White

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:47 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:the House of White and Black, I am looking forward to that episode in particular. Very Happy

So you're reading the books now?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:58 pm

maybe Embarassed
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:27 pm

5.04 - (Fat Pink Mast - 51 min.).
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:08 pm

Actually 5.04 will be called The Sons of the Harpy. Razz

Though I did like what John Bradley said at Comicon, about being the perfect casting for the show as far as nudity was concerned, as with him you got both male nudity and the boob count up. Laughing

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:30 pm

Game of Thrones -- TV ONLY - Page 24 Tumblr_nkrgknXHTd1r00543o2_r2_250Game of Thrones -- TV ONLY - Page 24 Tumblr_nkrgknXHTd1r00543o1_r2_250

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:37 am

HBO is putting out another Catch the Throne mixtape and they've once against assembled a pretty impressive line-up of rappers.  Last year gave us Big Boi's "Mother of Dragons" and Common's "The Ladder", and we now have a preview of the first song from the next mixtape: Talib Kweli's "Lord of the Light".

http://www.complex.com/music/2015/03/talib-kweli-lord-of-the-light-game-of-thrones-mixtape-premeire

It was embarrassingly nerdy and the reasoning behind HBO commissioning it was questionable to say the least, but the first mixtape actually had some decent tracks on it.

http://www.complex.com/music/2014/03/hbo-catch-the-thrones-mixtape-stream-wale-big-boi-common-bodega-bamz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:52 pm

That's ridiculous. Razz Though pretty fun too. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:37 pm

bounce

Game of Thrones -- TV ONLY - Page 24 HoBAw

(See if you can spot it. Sofa)

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:37 pm

Tom! cheers bounce I love you
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:27 pm

Game of Thrones -- TV ONLY - Page 24 FQAxIv6

I didn't actually didn't know the actor's name so I had to Google it after seeing Mrs Figg's post. Razz I hope that screenshot is legit. Although I notice the running time is different from the list Blue posted earlier. Suspect
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:11 pm

Yeah, it's legit. Wink Or from a source I'd trust at least. Though I haven't checked the HBO schedule myself.

http://watchersonthewall.com/hbo-schedule-updated-confirm-titles-casting-info/

And they changed the running time. They announced it first as 53m, and then changed it to 55m. So, 2 extra minutes of episode time. Which is decent news in itself. I just quoted the first anouncement. How very eagle eyed of you. Laughing

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:32 pm

Good thing Petty's not a GoTs fan. Razz

Game of Thrones -- TV ONLY - Page 24 Tumblr_n9v6b9bVXn1r4y4ego1_r1_500

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:49 pm

Bluebottle wrote:Yeah, it's legit. Wink Or from a source I'd trust at least. Though I haven't checked the HBO schedule myself.

http://watchersonthewall.com/hbo-schedule-updated-confirm-titles-casting-info/

I'd trust WOTW too. I'm gonna have to start checking them more frequently again now that we're so close to S5.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:56 pm

I tend to check that thread on Westeros every now and then. There hasn't been much news lately, but they tend to jump on it if there's anything.. at all, really.  Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:44 pm

Bluebottle wrote:Good thing Petty's not a GoTs fan. Razz

Game of Thrones -- TV ONLY - Page 24 Tumblr_n9v6b9bVXn1r4y4ego1_r1_500

Where is that from? I don't really get it. scratch

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:48 pm

d&d equals David and Dan, or rather David Benioff and Dan Weiss, the showrunners of Game of Thrones. Certain book and show fans doesn't really appreciate the way they are adapting the books. (Much in the same way as Figg doesn't appreciate Moffat.) So, someone made d&d a verb meaning ruining the subject matter you're adapting. Wink

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:50 pm

Ah. That's kind of stepping on Dungeons & Dragons is all. But that's not a problem for most people I guess.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:52 pm

like Moffating? Very Happy

I don't suppose theres Rory in that cast list? Sad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:16 pm

Just like Moffating. Sofa (The sofa in this matter equates not choosing sides.)

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:17 pm

How like a lawyer! Rolling Eyes

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:28 pm

Of course. Very Happy (Our services are available. I'll not say at a small fee, as that might not be considered ethical.)

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:58 am

Bluebottle wrote:d&d equals David and Dan, or rather David Benioff and Dan Weiss, the showrunners of Game of Thrones. Certain book and show fans doesn't really appreciate the way they are adapting the books. (Much in the same way as Figg doesn't appreciate Moffat.) So, someone made d&d a verb meaning ruining the subject matter you're adapting. Wink

The funny thing is Martin approves of the changes that David and Dan are doing. As long as the author approves I approve for the most part. I mean from interviews they really do seem to love the source material and want to respect it. I so far have trusted their judgement

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:19 pm

Weeeeeell, what George has been very clear on is that he understand the process of adaptation. Having been on the adaptive side of the process in his television career. He understands that there will be changes, and that they are not necessarily for the worst. As he likes to say the show is the show, and the books are the books.

Now, I think it's good to realize what the adaptive process does to an original work. In the process of adapting a work to a different medium you will make changes from the original work, there will be corresponding scenes that are simply changed, there will be cuts and there will be additions. George has been quite complimentary about some of the additions, understanding about some of the changes and bemoaned some of the cuts. But George is also a part of the team behind the show, and in many ways it's greatest cheerleader, and would not likely criticize the show publicly. I would surprised if he doesn't have issues with some of the changes to the story, while understanding and accepting them.

As a book reader and show watcher on the other hand, I feel in a position to see the two in context and criticize either when I don't feel they're as good as they could be. Obviously that happens more often with the tv show, as it's trying to tell the story of the books. To me some of there added material is good, some of it very good, while some of it feels more like filler, as in not driving the story or having any permanent impact on it. Where I feel they struggle at times is with the changes and cuts. In as much that while they often hit Georges major plot points, they often change the circumstances around those plot points, which at times removes the reason those plot points happened and made sense in the internal logic of the story. To me it feels when they cut and change things they don't always have enough regard for the story as a whole. Rather they are more concerned with what drives the story in the moment and what makes good television in the moment. That makes for a good episode for episode viewing experience, but not as good an experience when trying to follow the story as a whole. Though I'll readily admit that internal logic and reason in a story is a big deal for me, and something I struggled with in the Lotrs movies, and at times struggle with in GoTs. Others might very well feel differently.

The way it turned out I feel I can easily pick out 10+ things in season 4 that with regard to the wider story made little sense, and that harms the viewing experience for me. Shrugging

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:41 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:Ah. That's kind of stepping on Dungeons & Dragons is all. But that's not a problem for most people I guess.

Too me it rather made sense as Dungeons and Dragons because once you cast a book into the game context literally anything can happen, and it's not gonna make much sense.

I think David and Dan have largely done a splendid job, and as Sin said with GRRM's blessing (though occasional grumbling) so using their names as a wholly perjurative term doesn't work for me. And GRRM's scripts have often been worse to the source material: he wrote the Theon castration scene, for example.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next