Radaghast
feanor 1999
Bluebottle
21 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Future releases [2] - Page 25 Empty Re: Future releases [2]

Post by malickfan Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:56 pm

Eldorion wrote:Indy certainly lends itself to the serialized model so it'd be fairly straightforward to make a new movie and you don't even have to worry that much about continuity.  I wouldn't hold out hope that it'll compare favorably to Raiders and Last Crusade, though I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.  That said, I'd rather see more original movies that are able to create their own identity and do something new with their influences rather than trying to replicate the exact formula of a previous film (which is what's gonna happen here).

Yeah I'm not overly enthusiastic by the prospect (especially with Disney is charge) coming almost 30 years after the original films, there probably isn't anything new to do really, how many times have you seen a Indy reference in a film?

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:57 pm

The entire opening sequence to Guardians of the Galaxy was the most recent Ive seen. Boy did that film disappoint me. Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:15 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:The entire opening sequence to Guardians of the Galaxy was the most recent Ive seen. Boy did that film disappoint me. Mad

I really liked Guardians Cool

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:46 pm

No more Indy, please.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:49 pm

I prefer to remember Harrison Ford how he was in Raiders. you cant replicate that with some anodyne modern actor. they shouldn't even try, its cheap. sad to say but there is no one with his charisma to take on the role.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:58 pm

I wonder how George Lucas feels about the idea, he was always the story guy when it came to indy, it's kinda ironic he now owns 40% of Disney yet he is out of the picture as far as creative input is concerned.

Not that I feel sorry for him...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:16 pm

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/alien/34304/alien-5-to-ignore-alien-3-and-alien-resurrection

Fine by me...

(I do like parts of Alien 3, but Resurrection was god awful)

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:20 pm

I prefer 3 to 2.
2 is a great film the first time you see it and becomes increasingly annoying, unwatchable and shallow every time you see it again.

I wish 3 had gone with the original concept however - a monastery in space rather than a prison with religion shoved in. And I also liked the original idea that a section of the monks would see the Alien as the devil come to rightfully claim them for their sins and so be opposed to harming it on the basis its Gods punishment.
It would have got into more interesting ground, the shadow of the original idea is still present in the finished film, but it is a shadow (still more substantial one than Aliens mind you).

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:28 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I prefer 3 to 2I haven't seen the extended version yet ( I have it in the Blu Ray set I hear it is much better) I did like the tone and camerawork of 3, but the film just felt like a retread of 1, and I never quite forgave them for killing of Hicks....
2 is a great film the first time you see it and becomes increasingly annoying, unwatchable and shallow every time you see it again.Fair point about being shallow, but it still remains my favourite, just simple action entertainment, the first Alien film was certainly more interesting thematically, but the pacing annoys me

I wish 3 had gone with the original concept however - a monastery in space rather than a prison with religion shoved in. And I also liked the original idea that a section of the monks would see the Alien as the devil come to rightfully claim them for their sins and so be opposed to harming it on the basis its Gods punishment.Vincent Wards wooden planet/monk stuff was certainly interesting, but I'm not convinced it was a sutibale follow up to Aliens
It would have got into more interesting ground, the shadow of the original idea is still present in the finished film, but it is a shadow (still more substantial one than Aliens mind you).

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:40 pm

Vincent Wards wooden planet/monk stuff was certainly interesting, but I'm not convinced it was a sutibale follow up to Aliens- Malick

Its the Daleks problem- first you have one (alien) then you have an army of them (aliens) after that you need to be brave, you need to try to take the angle somewhere new entirely- you cant just do them as a threat again, you have to delve into what the threat is doing to people, to what they believe, how they perceive the universe and themselves in it, and how the alien changes that view, the conflict and drama arises from that rather than just confrontation with monster.
It certainly needed a lot of work and polishing from the concept, but I didn't think keeping the religion, watering down the point of having it, and then giving it to a bunch of prisoners instead was a very good compromise.
But I do like the pacing of it, particularly the opening third when the characters get a chance to breath. And its well shot (ignoring the cgi bits) so always interesting to look at. Not a classic by any means and my eyes far below the original film, but better than 2 and less said about 4 the better really.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:45 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Vincent Wards wooden planet/monk stuff was certainly interesting, but I'm not convinced it was a sutibale follow up to Aliens- Malick

Its the Daleks problem- first you have one (alien) then you have an army of them (aliens) after that you need to be brave, you need to try to take the angle somewhere new entirely

Thats what worries me about this new film, coming after all this time, and the action of Aliens, I hope they don't try to hard to make it 'Epic', it is good the idea has come from a fan rather than the studio, but will this be a requel (reboot-sequel) or an epilogue...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:58 pm

I fear in the current tent pole blockbuster cgi 3D nightmare that is mainstream franchise cinema right now it will EPIC!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:06 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I fear in the current tent pole blockbuster cgi 3D nightmare that is mainstream franchise cinema right now it will EPIC!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

I think Ripley and a crippled Hicks are a little too old for epic, maybe they could play things for comedy Laughing

Someone pointed out that the concept costumes Blomkamp posted looks similar to Prometheus...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:00 pm

Im not too sure how I feel about having Hicks in it, there wasn't exactly a lot to their character. And if they still have Hicks are they keeping Newt or will it not fit the end of Aliens either? Or are they just going to repeat 4 and bump her off before it gets going?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:27 pm

quite honestly I prefer Riddick, at least its camp.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:41 pm

My favorite response to this news was from someone on another forum I frequent who termed it "a choose-your-own adventure of unfortunate sequels".

When you consider Alien, the new Alien timeline, Prometheus, Predator, the AvP films ... this franchise is a mess. And it has a terrible batting average.

Spoiler:
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:22 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:I prefer to remember Harrison Ford how he was in Raiders. you cant replicate that with some anodyne modern actor. they shouldn't even try, its cheap. sad to say but there is no one with his charisma to take on the role.

I think that was the plan with Shia Labouf (or however you spell it) in the last Indiana Jones movie... Thank god that never took off. I can't stand him as an actor in anything other than Holes

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:23 pm

chris63 wrote:Guillermo del Toro's CRIMSON PEAK Official Trailer

I think it looks good and my wife actually wants to see it too... Shocked

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:27 pm

'Harrison Ford will reprise his role as police officer Rick Deckard in the forthcoming Blade Runner sequel, it has been confirmed.
The story takes place several decades after the conclusion of the 1982 film, which was based on Philip K Dick novel Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?
The film is scheduled to start shooting in the summer of 2016.
The latest instalment - reportedly based on an idea from Scott, who will also produce the new film - has been written by Hampton Fancher, who co-wrote the original screenplay.'- BBC

Not sure about this. On the plus side its not a remake. And its got one of the original writer son board so theres a chance it might have substance as well as flashy cgi.
On the other hand its like Ford is just rehashing all his past hits- India, Han and now Blade Runner too.
And there is no original story to base it on this time.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:19 pm

yep its odd him revisiting all his old hits. part of me likes the idea, the other thinks its a bad idea. I really think its impossible to top the originals, when has a remake ever been better? its nearly always a huge sad letdown. Bladerunner especially is risky, unless they top the sfx of the original which was revolutionary for the time, and make it the next step in the evolutionary ladder of visual stuff, it aint going to work. We have seen the current cliché ridden run of visual effects a million times. Even Star Atlas and Interstellar weren't particularly new, although some of the visual effects were original, it wasn't the next big jump.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:10 pm

Frozen 2 is happening! Cheerleader

http://www.slashfilm.com/frozen-2-announced/

When was the last time a Disney animated movie got a sequel that wasn't direct-to-video? Was there a last time? Obviously Pixar and DreamWorks have done it but I dunno if Disney has before.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:11 pm

I guess fjordlandian sells. Very Happy

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:13 pm

You made the trolls sound a lot scarier than they turned out to be though. Suspect
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:15 pm

Eldorion wrote:When was the last time a Disney animated movie got a sequel that wasn't direct-to-video?  Was there a last time?  Obviously Pixar and DreamWorks have done it but I dunno if Disney has before.

Addendum to this post: I forgot that DisneyToon Studios (the B team who used to do all the shitty direct-to-video sequels) were the ones behind Planes, which was spun off from Pixar's Cars and has had two theatrically-released films so far.  That kinda counts.

Edit: and the multiple Pooh and Rescuers movies, and Fantasia 2000. Derp.

Last edited by Eldorion on Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:18 pm

Eldorion wrote:You made the trolls sound a lot scarier than they turned out to be though. Suspect

I will fix that in my story. Nod Sofa

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next