Norc
Tinuviel
bungobaggins
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
21 posters

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 16 Empty Re: In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS

Post by Bluebottle Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:36 am

Oh, alright. Just for today then. Mad 

Very Happy 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 16 Empty Re: In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:16 pm

I guess its forumshire zeitgeist  Cool 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:30 pm

Now why would I choose a fat flightless critically endangered parrot.  Laughing 

They are rather interesting though. There's only 90 left in the world and they all live in a sanctuary off the New Zealand south coast on an island called Codfish Island.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:31 pm

Or if you prefer the sumptuous tones of some guy called Benedict Cumberbatch.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:09 am

azriel wrote:I like your avatar RA, its so cute !
 Embarassed
 Kissing 

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu May 22, 2014 6:57 am

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 16 Fun

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu May 22, 2014 6:58 am

Laughing 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu May 22, 2014 9:27 am

Bluebottle wrote:Or if you prefer the sumptuous tones of some guy called Benedict Cumberbatch.

thise parrots are adorable, bit it is a sad story :(hey, benedict!! cheers
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu May 22, 2014 9:28 am

chris63 wrote:In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 16 Fun
oh god....  No
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu May 22, 2014 12:26 pm

Great find, Chris Very Happy

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 16 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu May 22, 2014 12:47 pm

Brilliantly done. Who's the genius who put that together?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu May 22, 2014 5:05 pm

That's great. lol!

halfwise wrote:Brilliantly done.  Who's the genius who put that together?

Based on the watermark at the bottom of the image, it looks like Emil Johansson from lotrproject.com did.

Edit: http://lotrproject.com/blog/2014/05/21/re-read-the-hobbit-today-and-found-a-passage-i-had-forgot-about/
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Thu May 22, 2014 8:52 pm

lol! 
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu May 22, 2014 9:11 pm

Eldorion wrote:
halfwise wrote:Brilliantly done.  Who's the genius who put that together?

Based on the watermark at the bottom of the image, it looks like Emil Johansson from lotrproject.com did.

Edit: http://lotrproject.com/blog/2014/05/21/re-read-the-hobbit-today-and-found-a-passage-i-had-forgot-about/

Could we call him a Fjordlandian? (close enough). If so, why's he not here with the rest of them?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu May 22, 2014 9:15 pm

From the same guy:

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 16 Dosmentions1

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 16 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu May 22, 2014 9:29 pm

I think we need his type here, he'd fit right into Petty's crabbit bean-splitting. Wonder if he knows about us?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu May 22, 2014 9:29 pm

who's sigrid?

also, my guess is that he is Swedish, not fjordian..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu May 22, 2014 9:30 pm

Well, that's the question. Can Swedish count as Fjordian, at least in an honorary sense?

Sofa 

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu May 22, 2014 9:31 pm

HAHAHA no. absolutely not.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu May 22, 2014 9:59 pm

Where would we be without your not-so-subtle nationalism Norc. Razz

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu May 22, 2014 10:10 pm

halfwise wrote:Well, that's the question.  Can Swedish count as Fjordian, at least in an honorary sense? 

And to think, you're asking this question less than a week after Norwegian Constitution Day. Evil or Very Mad You know nothing, Halfwise Snow.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:35 pm

Actually watching some of the videos that appeared on that Japanese site, I noticed something interesting in the video about Lake-town.  It appears that PJ and Boyens are attempting a new tactic in their ongoing Appendices deception.  PJ claimed that they "enhanced" Bard beyond what was in the book, and Boyens followed up with this bomb:

Philippa Boyens wrote:We discovered from the Appendices in The Lord of the Rings that he is a descendant of Girion, the lord of Dale.

So now they are claiming that things we learn from the book The Hobbit are actually part of this secret treasure trove of information in the Appendices.  Except the bit about Bard is bullshit for two reasons.  First, as anyone who has read The Hobbit should know, Bard's heritage is revealed there, and is a fairly significant plot point in the final portion of the book.  Second, while the climactic events of The Hobbit are very briefly recounted in Appendices A and B, there is no mention of Girion in them whatsoever.  Bard is referred to only as "Bard of Esgaroth", and references to his descendants, the subsequent Kings of Dale, make no mention of Girion either.

The "best" part of this brief moment is that the lie came from Boyens, the purported Tolkien expert, so no "PJ just doesn't know better, but the other writers know what they're talking about" excuses can apply here. Nod
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:47 pm

it seems they are trying desperately to Aragornize Bard into some noble outcast ready to take back his realm.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:32 am

Now where else has that been happening lately...
If you know what I mean!

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 16 Nudge-nudge

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:20 am

I'm so glad Philippa Boyens is here to explain these things, cuz my littul brayn dont got no idear.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next