Norc
Tinuviel
bungobaggins
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
21 posters

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 12 Empty Re: In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:41 pm

Then they must have telepathically absorbed the information from somewhere because there is nowhere in the films its explained or set up, or given meaning.
It just happens because thats how the book ends. But unfortunately all the important stuff pertaining to that ending is absent before that point (even seeing the elves leaving Middle Earth was absent from the theatrical cut- its not until Elrond sends Arwen away you hear about the ships at all, or that they sail, and then its not made clear what will happen there, several folk have said to me they thought she was just being sent away over the sea for safety until it was all over).

Nor is Frodo troubled by the loss of the Ring in the film as he is in the book because he gives it up at Mt Doom when he chooses to take Sam's hand and live on without it.
Consequently there is no jewel from Arwen for when the darkness is on him, no lamenting against his fate, he just has a sore arm from time to time in the film- all the reason for him still desiring the Ring, his lack of rejection of it, his sense of personal failure in his own mind, all those reasons he is given passage are absent from the films.
About the best reason the film can muster is that he cant settle back down again.

Where would you say Figg in the films are these things set up or explained?

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 12 Empty Re: In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:48 pm

Well, this scene works well enough to explain why Frodo leaves. It doesn't do the book justice, but it works, and if you've read the books you'll fill out the rest subconscienciously (which is not ideal for any film, but what do I care about how the film looks to people who haven't read the books - the very same people who love TH! Mad )

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 12 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:49 pm

that stuff isnt important to most people. Most people just love watchig the films. Me too.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:59 pm

Ringdrotten all that scene says is he cant settle back in. He cant go back to how things were.
You dont get to go to the Undying Lands because you cant get back into our old way of life becuase of everything you've seen.
Half the young soldeirs that took part probably feel that way.
Where is the notion that he feels a failure, that he rejected the Ring and still longs for it, where's the jewel to indicate this desire still, his crying out against it?
Film Frodo rejects the Ring at the last- he has no reason to go and if that scene is meant to be the substitute reason its very weak indeed.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:01 pm

nope its brilliant. its all brilliant. 9 hours plus of brilliance.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:04 pm

I can feel my sense of being infuriated coming on!!!  Banghead 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:14 pm

Now now petty, try this......................................

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 12 LucianFreudstandingonhisheadinhisstudiowithhisdaughterthefashiondesignerBellaFreudpicturedin1983_zpsf044f185

whilst softly singing " where's the little pixies" from Blackadder & you'll soon feel ok  Laughing

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 12 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 12 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:17 pm

Or this

You might want to sing it note for note, Petty Nod

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 12 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:20 pm

I tried that Azriel, probably shouldnt be attempted when drunk, or when wearing a kilt, now Ive scared all my cats away  Mad 

Sorry Ringrotten, I tried it but I couldn't make it past that ridiculously cheerful whistling at the start  Evil or Very Mad 
You should be allowed to shoot whistlers and mime artists on sight  Twisted Evil

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:25 pm

sorry petty  Very Happy couldnt resist ! Now, here's your hero, & ours, Peter Jackson, with his own rendition, just for you, you Wiley Scotshobbit you !  Laughing 

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 12 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:26 pm

And, God forgive ! Here you BOTH are !  Laughing 

{{{{ Im loving this ! sorry !  Laughing }}}}

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:31 pm

Evil or Very Mad How the buggery do they manage to make even the drums sound happy? Thats shouldnt be possible!  Mad 

Drums should either be played at such low frequencies you only hear them in your bones.
Or they should sound like machine gun fire for the ears, hammering into the brain without respite- like this  Nod 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:46 pm

I think its more like dis

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:00 pm

the art of giving interviews.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:25 pm

Laughing 

But rather telling to of course. He not only diverts any real questions about the films he also is quite specific in laying everything at PJ's door saying the actors just turn up and do their best.
I'd blame PJ too if I were him.  Nod 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:53 pm

"So everyone has pretty much slept with Peter Jackson?"
"Yes."

"Fueled by cocaine."

Suddenly it's all so clear.  Shocked 

And more talk of Benedict drunk, is this the same interviewer as the Sheeran interview? Laughing 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:49 am

So remember how audiences in Japan and China were supposed to push DOS over the billion mark?  Well it's been out in those markets for 3-4 weeks now, and it's looking less and less likely that that's going to happen.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=hobbit2.htm

Total Lifetime Grosses

Domestic: $257,805,640   27.3%
+ Foreign: $686,400,000   72.7%
= Worldwide: $944,205,640

Last edited by Eldorion on Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:10 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : formatting)
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:01 am

Twisted Evil 

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 12 Giphy

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 12 Flat,550x550,075,f

I remember people on torn saying that basically because there was a dragon in the movie that people in China would just flock to see it, because, ya know, everyone in China likes dragons because stereotype.  :facepalm: 

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:11 am

That does sound familiar now that you mention it... Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:37 am

Just so everyone is aware (and I'm mostly thinking of Petty here) the BrRip of DOS is floating around in the ether. Happy editing.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:59 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Laughing 

But rather telling to of course. He not only diverts any real questions about the films he also is quite specific in laying everything at PJ's door saying the actors just turn up and do their best.
I'd blame PJ too if I were him.  Nod 

At least he got to improve his table tennis skills.  Shrugging 

https://youtu.be/25dVQU3JkkE?t=24s

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:32 pm

Someone on ToRN put up a pic of Smaug from the film under the title 'Amazing pic'
It was, it was amazing how that if I didnt know it was from TH I wouldn't guess in a million years it was supposed to be Smaug.

So then I wondered what it would look like if it were closer to Tolkiens colour scheme.

So I redid the head.

Heres the original pic-

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 12 Naamloos_zpsbed24934

And heres the redo-

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 12 Smtol_zps7a85f07a

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:40 pm

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' [2] SPOILERS - Page 12 Tumblr_n2t2k3iQjg1r3godco1_500
so i liked the trailer one more.. like it has waterfalls, which bring this whole idea that elven caves are different than dwarf and goblin caves because it brings elements of the world outside in if u get what i mean. i also liked that the throne was further away and that the trailer just looks... idk.. more epic and impressive.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:43 pm

Hmm...as a part time purist I'm not too sure about that Petty-obviously it would look different if he had been planned red from the start, but it dosen't like quite as natural like that, and his horns etc don't seem to be as threatening like that.

You should have left his chin dark, imagine Smaug with a stylish goatee...

I think all the trailers looked better, the lighting was stronger.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:04 pm

truly bizarre Finnish version
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next