Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'...

+19
Johnnyd
chris63
Sinister71
Ringdrotten
Orwell
Norc
Forest Shepherd
Bluebottle
RA
malickfan
David H
azriel
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
Tinuviel
Radaghast
bungobaggins
halfwise
Eldorion
23 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 9 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'...

Post by malickfan Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:14 pm

In fairness if 'The Hobbit part 4:We run out of material, look at the shiny effects' does somehow happen I think you have a point, any review likely to come from your hands may likely be lost under the angry buckie fueled ravings of anger, as such a reputable journal NotP should consider itself impartial to Jackson's um 'vision'.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 9 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'...

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:18 pm

The NotP are never impartial to anything they think might increase revenue.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:21 pm

malickfan wrote:Now people are saying we may see 4 hobbit films...

No just  No 

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:49 pm

Supposing, just supposing, Peejers decided to drag out this inhuman torture , (that I am personally going to the courts of human rights about ) & bless us all, every one, with a fooking 4th bucket of burnable celluloid, then WHY could he not have done that for the much longer story of LOTRs ? We could have The barrow Downs or Tom Bombadil or all the other things put back in their correct place ? but NO ! "wank-eyed-Willie" decides to draw out an ickle-wickle book, put everything in apart from Oliphants & Ents, ( I want Ents ! where are the Ents ?) instead !
This has got to be just a publicity stunt, Peejers is probably laughing into his offshore bank account, knowing full well that people like us are going garretty over another rumour. I bet he was the kind of kid that pulled the legs off Mayflies & spideys  Nod  

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 9 Rex1_zps9a6140dc

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 9 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 9 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:02 pm

And still no talking purse!

Evil or Very Mad 

More screentime doesn't always equal greatest-look at the ROTK EE, quite alot of the extra hour(?) added in didn't really add alot to the story (the river of skulls, stupid stunts added to Minas Tirith and even more longwinded Mordor sections certainly have an air of 'Hobbit' about them) and if Jackson had somehow persuaded New Line to make say, six films (one per book) the probably would have been less focused and cheaper looking (remember New Line essentially poured all the spare assets into LOTR), we may have got more of the book, but less of it's spirit, as I've said before I'd rather not try and picture how they'd justify T Bomb and the Scouring in their box ticking mode of filmaking.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:07 pm

I think they should give someone else a chance to do Middle Earth, at least the parts that haven't been Peejed on. Like HFG and BOH. Those were good! Sure, they've got that PJ influence, but they're still refreshing.

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 9 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:12 pm

malickfan wrote:Now people are saying we may see 4 hobbit films...

No just  No 

I wouldn't believe that rumor without some really convincing evidence. Maybe if the rumored second round of pick-ups this year had actually happened, but as it is I don't think they're gonna have enough material to make a fourth film. (I was gonna say that I don't think even PJ would go that crazy, but then I remembered that's what I said when the three film idea first surfaced. Mad)
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:15 pm

Tinuviel wrote:I think they should give someone else a chance to do Middle Earth, at least the parts that haven't been Peejed on. Like HFG and BOH. Those were good! Sure, they've got that PJ influence, but they're still refreshing.

I'm sure there will be remakes one day, but I think the more likely scenario in the near future is spin-off films.  Sort of like TH4G or BoH, but officially sanctioned and produced with a large budget and professional crew.  If something like that happens, I think there's a fair chance that PJ would step down.  Actually, I don't really think it would happen on his initiative anyway, since he's busy trying to fit everything he wants to do into The Hobbit and seems preparing to say a final goodbye to the franchise.  But I wouldn't be surprised if we see JJ Abrams or someone* making a War in the North movie within the next decade.

*Probably not Abrams himself now that he's got the Star Wars gig, but a similar fanboy director who hasn't had much luck starting franchises of his own.  Maybe Zack Snyder would be interested, depending on how Batman vs. Superman turns out.  But it would probably be someone younger than either Abrams or Snyder.

Last edited by Eldorion on Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:19 pm

please let it not be true  No 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:29 am

I really don't expect any spin-off movies. But I'm sure I'm underestimating the Hollywood machine. Rolling Eyes

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:18 am

I don't really want official filmed fanfic, and I wasn't expecting it either until recently.  But spin-offs appear to be in the future for both Star Wars and Harry Potter, which along with LOTR are the trifecta of fantasy mega-blockbusters.  And for as long as the current Hollywood business model remains as dependent on blockbusters as they are now, I think spin-offs are the next step to take.  The fantasy/superhero boom of the 2000s revolutionized the age of the franchise, but they've basically all been adaptations, and the pace of new franchises has slowed down since a decade ago.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:04 pm

chris63 wrote:Hearing rumours they might change the name to The Hobbit into the Fire.

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 9 16.04
Sheesh. That's the name of an album Bryan Adams.

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 9 WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:41 pm

Eldorion wrote:I don't really want official filmed fanfic, and I wasn't expecting it either until recently.  But spin-offs appear to be in the future for both Star Wars and Harry Potter, which along with LOTR are the trifecta of fantasy mega-blockbusters.  And for as long as the current Hollywood business model remains as dependent on blockbusters as they are now, I think spin-offs are the next step to take.  The fantasy/superhero boom of the 2000s revolutionized the age of the franchise, but they've basically all been adaptations, and the pace of new franchises has slowed down since a decade ago.

The superhero genera has gone into crossovers. The same is likely to happen in fantasy. I'd like to see Voldemort invade Middle Earth, storm troopers marching through Moria.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:24 pm

While the superhero genre was doing crossovers in comics long before there were superhero blockbusters, I think the Harry Potter/LOTR is theoretically possible since both are under the Warner Bros. umbrella, although Saul Zaentz might have veto power.

Of course, a LOTR/Game of Thrones crossover might be more interesting in order to finally settle that rivalry, since the HP v. LOTR thing is a bit passe now. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:47 am

halfwise wrote:
The superhero genera has gone into crossovers.  The same is likely to happen in fantasy.  I'd like to see Voldemort invade Middle Earth, storm troopers marching through Moria.
Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 9 20-business-cliches-that-make-you-sound-stupid0

What. The Heck.

Superhero genres bleed together because they're all about as pleasant and stimulating as the female menstrual cycle.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:31 am

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 9 FAffglf

You were saying?
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:28 am

Only you Eldo, only you would be capable of this level of horrifying forum-pic-mastery.
On the plus side, we only have 8 more months of this kind of thing to go!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:39 am

Proving once again the world was a better place when women kept this sort of thing amongst themselves and men were ignorant about 'womens stuff' and happier for it (and, as a bonus, didn't have to listen to them banging on about it).

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:14 pm

Fook off !
id love to see you guys put up with 'it' every fooking month of your life, from when your only a child, & should be having fun, to when your as old & decrepit as I !  Mad

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 9 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:24 pm

This is exactly my point! We dont have to put up with it, none of our business. And if women didn't keep going on about it we wouldn't have to know about it at all.  Nod 

Just think what a happier more peaceful place a (mans) world would be!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:27 pm

where's me hammer  Twisted Evil 
This is the one & only time I would believe that there IS a God.........& he MUST be a man............ a man who's had his toys taken away..........by a woman.......

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:32 pm

Its women taking our toys away is the problem! If men got 'it' every month from childhood, by now we would have found a way to stop it and invented a 'toy' where you'd just get a handy alert on your phone instead once a month.  Nod 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:34 pm

Oh bugger you !  Very Happy You've got an answer for everything  Laughing  Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:36 pm

You've got an answer for everything - Azriel

A crabbit education is never wasted.  Wink 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:39 pm

*****mopes off sadly, vowing to come back with some revenge****
 *****cant bloody think of anything  pale ******

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next