Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'...

+19
Johnnyd
chris63
Sinister71
Ringdrotten
Orwell
Norc
Forest Shepherd
Bluebottle
RA
malickfan
David H
azriel
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
Tinuviel
Radaghast
bungobaggins
halfwise
Eldorion
23 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 6 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'...

Post by Bluebottle Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:07 pm

Shocked 

"The Hobbit: There And Back Again" Won't Push Through? Producer Says Director Peter Jackson Ending Series At Two Parts.
http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/84740/20140321/the-hobbit-there-and-back-again-peter-jackson-trilogy.htm

Not an Arpil Fools joke, promise..

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 6 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'...

Post by Radaghast Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:49 pm

For a moment, I was worried they were thinking of splitting the "third part" into two movies...  *shudder*

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 6 WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:27 pm

If you're going to write about film news, maybe familiarizing oneself with basic film terminology would be a good idea....

"I can legitimately say right now that the third film doesn't exist. (Director) Pete's cutting it," series producer and co-writer Philippa Boyens said in an interview on the March 27 issue of Empire magazine.

But don't worry Hobbit fans, the producer is just kidding!

:facepalm:
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:14 pm

Yeah, it's a rather ridiculous article.  Razz 

It works well for an April fools joke though, as you can honestly say it's not one as it was published on the 21st of March.  Laughing 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:17 pm

lol! Maybe it was just wishful thinking by the author of the article Smile

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 6 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:20 pm

Yeah.  Laughing 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:36 am

Radaghast wrote:For a moment, I was worried they were thinking of splitting the "third part" into two movies...  *shudder*
I love your avatar by the way. It fits the animal theme and retains its teeth  Very Happy 

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:54 pm

Well it appears in my absence things are still the same. Jackson still has no clue in how to do Tolkien any justice and can't help himself from trying to keep changing the story right up until the end of the last films release. The man truly is pathetic. Sorry PJ, no matter how much refilming you do, you will never polish that turd of a movie you call the Hobbit.

hopefully all my friends here have been doing well, other than witnessing the tragedy we call Jackson's Hobbit.

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:45 pm

Everyone who's watched the documentaries knows that PJ goes right down to the wire a lot of the time, but I doubt many films have finished editing a full 8-9 months away from release. Shrugging
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:08 pm

I'm just confused as to why the third film was pushed back to December. I guess it could be because it'll need the extra five months to render with all the effects that are in it. But still, if they aren't doing pick-ups, what ARE they doing? Sitting around?

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 6 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:13 pm

It could be the effects, or maybe PJ wanted to spend some time on the Tintin sequel he's supposed to be directing. Shrugging Though honestly, I was more surprised that they ever considered releasing it in the summer to begin with.  Maybe WB just really wanted to stake a claim to the mid-July weekend they love so much, but I always associate Middle-earth movies with December releases.  Just like Star Wars movies are supposed to be May releases, though Star Wars VII might change that. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:24 pm

What moments/lines of dialogue from LOTR will they put in TABA?

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:38 pm

Dain to Bilbo when Bilbo says he can't carry all the treasure they give him:

...I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!!

Wait, that doesn't make sense scratch

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 6 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:43 pm

Kili to Tauriel 'Nobody tosses a Dwarf'
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:28 pm

"The Eagles are coming!  The Eagles are coming!"

Spoiler:
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:34 pm

Eldorion wrote:"The Eagles are coming!  The Eagles are coming!"

Spoiler:

This one is guaranteed for sure.

And this one is kind of Tolkien's fault anyway.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:38 pm

I'm having a hard time thinking of any, but I'm sure Jackson will find some that will just make me facepalm. :facepalm:

I was thinking that they'd probably have a "cloud of war" stretch from Dol Guldur to Erebor.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:50 pm

Thorin: How do we know that they're still alive? (in reference to the other dwarves)
Balin: What does your heart tell you?
or...
(someone to Thorin) You are Thrain's heir, not Thrain himself.
And yeah that eagles one was in the book so if they don't put it in there I will literally be so done with this entire franchise.

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 6 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:51 pm

Kili to Tauriel 'Nobody tosses a Dwarf' - Mrs Figg

Laughing Naughty but nice Figg!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:01 pm

Kili naked on a fur rug ''Tauriel what do you're Elf eyes see?''
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:11 pm

Laughing  Laughing I like that one Figgy ! you naughty minx you !

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 6 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 6 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:21 pm

{{{What's this? Mrs Figg's naughty jokes are good enough for you all but mine aren't? Cheek! Extremely Crabbit}}}
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:26 pm

There's nothing wrong, choochy chops, with your jokes !  Very Happy  Laughing

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 6 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 6 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:32 pm

Sorry Eldo but when it comes to naughty Figg could tie you up in naughts and spank your bottom red.  Twisted Evil 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:58 pm

Embarassed  ooh I say  Embarassed
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next