Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'...

+19
Johnnyd
chris63
Sinister71
Ringdrotten
Orwell
Norc
Forest Shepherd
Bluebottle
RA
malickfan
David H
azriel
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
Tinuviel
Radaghast
bungobaggins
halfwise
Eldorion
23 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 5 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'...

Post by Eldorion Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:03 am

bungobaggins wrote:If I came in expecting two movies and got handed that awful cliffhanger, I wouldn't be speaking so enthusiastically about the movie as I left the theater. But that's just me. Shrugging

Yeah, I guess that disproves my hypothesis. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 5 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'...

Post by Eldorion Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:36 pm

The latest from Richard Armitage is that filming for TABA is indeed done, which would seem to suggest they're not doing additional pick-ups after all. Shrugging

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2014/03/28/jackson-prepares-farewell-middle-earth-0
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:46 pm

"I think there is going to be a huge amount of sorrow and nostalgia going on in Peter Jackson's mind because he has lived in Middle-earth for what, 13 years," said Armitage, who plays the dwarf king, Thorin

In other words, "Time to get a life!"

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 5 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 5 UJpDi Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 5 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:49 pm

Laughing

It's not like PJ has a ton of other well-known franchises to fall back on.  Universal gave him King Kong on a silver platter after LOTR, but that underperformed expectations.  The Lovely Bones came and went with barely a whimper.  He might make the second Tintin movie, but then again, he might leave it for Spielberg. LOTR is what brought him international fame but his name is still inextricably linked to that one series.

I'm sure he'll be okay, though.

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 5 UDiNU
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:29 am

He might do that remake of The Dam Busters. Shrugging

Hmmm, where else have I heard of a director of a massively popular sextology getting behind a WWII airplane movie?

Spoiler:

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:12 pm

Laughing

Wasn't he supposed to be producing that while Christian Rivers directed? Or am I thinking of something else? Of course, that would only further the Red Trails comparison. : P
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:06 pm

I hope he does a remake of The Hobbit Nod

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 5 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:57 pm

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00069616.html

They showed a teaser at Cinemacon on the 24th.
The teaser of the final "Hobbit" movie was not shown until near the end of the presentation. Director Peter Jackson recorded a special message for the crowd. The video ended with Ian McKellen's Gandalf saying, "The time is upon us when all must choose what side we're on."

What side WHO'S on?

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 5 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:59 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:I hope he does a remake of The Hobbit Nod
It could be one movie then  Razz 

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:00 pm

Tinuviel wrote:http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00069616.html

The teaser of the final "Hobbit" movie was not shown until near the end of the presentation. Director Peter Jackson recorded a special message for the crowd. The video ended with Ian McKellen's Gandalf saying, "The time is upon us when all must choose what side we're on."

What side WHO'S on?
The elves?  Shrugging  It's all so convoluted now, I don't know what to make of any of it. I can't wait until this trilogy (it pains me to call it that) is gone and forgotten.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:11 pm

If it is the elves, I have a feeling that even Thorin's character is going to be washed out into the background. I think it really has to do with Bilbo, choosing to side with the dwarves or everyone else.

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 5 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:14 pm

Tinuviel wrote:
The video ended with Ian McKellen's Gandalf saying, "The time is upon us when all must choose what side we're on."

What side WHO'S on?

I think it's just more ham-handed foreshadowing of LotR and Saruman. Evil or Very Mad 

Recoveryanonymous wrote:I can't wait until this trilogy (it pains me to call it that) is gone and forgotten.

I'm afraid that may be a very long time..... Mad 

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 5 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 5 UJpDi Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 5 Mumbea10
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:28 pm

Armitage says it will be a shorter movie. I hope it's the shortest movie. I want to see the fanboys have a temper tantrum.  Twisted Evil 

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:34 pm

I can't wait until all the hunky dwarves die, just to make me feel better about their glamorization. But I don't want Tauriel to be a martyr. I don't want her death to be what makes Thranduil send Legolas to the Council or some bull crap like that. Since there was no discussion of Gollum in FOTR, his motive for going is up in the air.

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:43 pm

Yeah, Tauriel shouldn't die. But I can picture it now...Tauriel and Kili lying wounded on the battle field and they die next to each other.

It's just like having that in-your-face musical theme for Tauriel. It just screams, "You have to like this character. She is perfect. This loud, heroic music will make you like this character." If she dies it will be, "Oh, she died. You should feel bad about this." :facepalm:

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:28 am

Such unearned, fake emotional stakes are what get teen girls going these days I guess. I can say that from experience  Shocked. Tumblr kind of makes me sick with all that stuff... how easily girls are entertained by hotties and love triangles and nothing else.

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:00 am

David H wrote:
Recoveryanonymous wrote:I can't wait until this trilogy (it pains me to call it that) is gone and forgotten.

I'm afraid that may be a very long time..... Mad

Maybe I can speed that process up for myself with a nice read through of the Book of Lost Tales.  Smile

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:45 am

Anyone wanna bet that Thorin says something like this?

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 5 47854801

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:21 am

so apparently (according to torn) TABA (that's a suckie shortname..) will premier on comic con in july 2015.... Mad http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2014/04/01/87992-there-and-back-again-moves-to-july-2015-world-premiere-at-comic-con/

Spoiler:
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:31 am

Smile 

David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:21 am

Tinuviel wrote:http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00069616.html

What side WHO'S on?
KILL. ME. NOW.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:36 am

so one prank wasn't enough?
http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2014/04/01/87577-leonard-nimoy-confirmed-to-perform-end-credits-song-for-the-hobbit-there-and-back-again/
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:32 pm

:facepalm: 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:38 pm

They're going to have to try harder next year.

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 5 Lame

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:56 pm

They won't have to try at all next year because they're won't be anything to prank about  cheers 

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next