Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'...

+19
Johnnyd
chris63
Sinister71
Ringdrotten
Orwell
Norc
Forest Shepherd
Bluebottle
RA
malickfan
David H
azriel
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
Tinuviel
Radaghast
bungobaggins
halfwise
Eldorion
23 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 23 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'...

Post by Eldorion Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 pm

bungobaggins wrote:I doubt we'll see any new blogs. Unless there's a "this is the last blog ever" blog.

Well the various promises that "there are lots of blogs on the way!" were clearly not true, but I do think we'll see perhaps two more between now and the TABA release. I wouldn't necessarily expect any after that, though. Maybe if they win any Oscars (which they won't). But clearly, post-production has not given them as much interesting material for vlogs as they thought it would.

Still, the regular vlogs that came out during shooting were pretty great. We were lucky as fans to see those. The vlogs alone made a mockery of most DVD releases' bonus material, and they were all available for free months or years ahead of the film's premiere.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 23 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'...

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:44 pm

it was a privilege to watch Howe and Lee if nothing else.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:43 am

They might have filmed blogs during shooting for this point, because they teased a lot of footage in previous blogs. Maybe we'll get some more?

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 23 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:09 pm

Eldorion wrote:
bungobaggins wrote:I doubt we'll see any new blogs. Unless there's a "this is the last blog ever" blog.

Well the various promises that "there are lots of blogs on the way!" were clearly not true, but I do think we'll see perhaps two more between now and the TABA release.  I wouldn't necessarily expect any after that, though.  Maybe if they win any Oscars (which they won't).  But clearly, post-production has not given them as much interesting material for vlogs as they thought it would.

Still, the regular vlogs that came out during shooting were pretty great.  We were lucky as fans to see those.  The vlogs alone made a mockery of most DVD releases' bonus material, and they were all available for free months or years ahead of the film's premiere.
i am still kinda angry he said he'd answer 20 questions from the fans during filming, and i sent in like two very good one, and he just answered two... promises promises...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:44 pm

Jap site with a featuette on Beorn -

http://eiga.com/official/hobbit/2-chapter8/index.html

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:47 pm

The build-up to AUJ was scintillating with all those blogs. Overall we got basically a movie's length of blog footage; great stuff.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:59 pm

The Norwegian title is "Femhærsslaget" i am so relieved!!!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:09 pm

Fem = 5? The rest is.. well Norwegian to me.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:29 pm

Finally a concrete sign that the release of the teaser trailer is imminent! cheers It has been rated by the British Board of Film Classification (BBFC). All we know so far is that the trailer is 1 minute and 48 seconds long, but the announcement of a BBFC rating has always closely preceded the release of the previous trailers. Nod

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/hobbit-battle-five-armies-filmtrailer-0
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:59 am

So I'm guessing in the next week or so... I'm wondering how coherent it will be. If they're rushing along to finish this film and adding in a ton of CG effects, will this trailer just be a bunch of shots of nonsense like DOS or more coherent like AUJ?

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 23 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:04 am

I bet it will be incoherent. A movie made by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:07 am

bungobaggins wrote:I bet it will be incoherent. A movie made by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Nod

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:20 am

Forest Shepherd wrote:Fem = 5? The rest is.. well Norwegian to me.
I explained it earlier actually ..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:20 am

Trailer cheers !!!!'
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:26 pm

well here comes the cgifest  Rolling Eyes 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:59 pm

There is a small chance that it wont be, the cgi will be getting worked on right up till release going on previous, so a lot of the stuff they might have ready might be more character moments.
That would of course almost certainly only be giving a false impression of the finished product, which I am quite sure will be a cgi fest.

I am actually expecting something more in the style of the AUJ trailer using the 'ere break of day' song from Bag End.

Then all the PJ fans will goo all over it like the AUJ one, and some of you softer PJ liberal leaning types on here (you know who you are!) will begin to get a glimmer of hope back.

And then we will all go to see it and the true unyielding horror of it all will unfold before us, again.  Mad 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:05 pm

Laughing  Laughing

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 23 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 23 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:26 pm

I remember the back and forth of anticipation happening several times in 2012 between Cinema Con and the release, but once AUJ actually came out I think most people on here have stayed in the negative camp.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:27 pm

Ive stayed at home

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 23 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 23 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:02 pm

PJ shows off his new trailer...

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 23 2eI8n7l

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:06 pm

Eldorion wrote:I remember the back and forth of anticipation happening several times in 2012 between Cinema Con and the release, but once AUJ actually came out I think most people on here have stayed in the negative camp.
most people, not me.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:08 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:well here comes the cgifest  Rolling Eyes 
it took me like half a minute to understand that you meant CGI-fest and not gif-fest, because i just read gif.. i sat like "is this a pun? cgif-fest? Cgi-gif-est...????"
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:08 pm

i'm so fucking stupid, everything is not about gifs...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:15 pm

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the first annual GIF-Fest!

:carrot:  :carrot:  :carrot:  :carrot:  :carrot:  :carrot:  :carrot:  :carrot:  :carrot:  :carrot:  :carrot:  :carrot:  :carrot:  :carrot:  :carrot: 

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 23 INFGdnXE7rQRt

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:17 pm

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 23 Tumblr_mwjpa9W3qV1qedb29o1_500

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next