Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'...

+19
Johnnyd
chris63
Sinister71
Ringdrotten
Orwell
Norc
Forest Shepherd
Bluebottle
RA
malickfan
David H
azriel
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
Tinuviel
Radaghast
bungobaggins
halfwise
Eldorion
23 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 4 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'...

Post by bungobaggins Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:31 pm

Tinuviel wrote:THAT'S HOW HE SHOULD LOOK!!!! ELVES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE PRETTY, NOT DWARVES!

Philippa Boyens wrote:But then how will we get squealing fan girls into cinemas? We need hot dwarves! But wait, we also need to please the feminists. So we'll put in a female elf. But we also need to please the militant feminists, so she'll be a great fighter, even better than Legolas. But she'll need to be sexy for the teenage boys. But we also need to please the dumb masses, so we need a love story! But we also need to get the Twilight fans to the cinema as well so it needs to be a love triangle! Oh, who am I kidding, this isn't going to work.

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 4 Lovely%2BBones%2BPress%2BConference%2B3401cQqH09Ll

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 4 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'...

Post by azriel Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:04 pm

didnt it ???
She thought about everyone else except Tolkien fans,
( this is a REAL statement by Bog-brains ? or is it a wind up ?)  scratch Smile 

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 4 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 4 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:21 pm

Norc wrote:Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 4 Tumblr_mzet9aZVrN1qk8t2to2_250Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 4 Tumblr_mzet9aZVrN1qk8t2to1_250
Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 4 Tumblr_mzet9aZVrN1qk8t2to3_r1_250Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 4 Tumblr_mzet9aZVrN1qk8t2to4_r1_250
Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 4 Tumblr_mzet9aZVrN1qk8t2to5_r1_250Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 4 Tumblr_mzet9aZVrN1qk8t2to6_r1_250
That would've been a marked improvement.

And that one at the end (Nori) needs a fucking beard too! Mad

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 4 WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:36 pm

Agreed Raddy ! Kili looks as a Dwarf should by those pics, & that strange looking person at the end IS fooking Dopey from "Snow-White". He's still finding his way round since he was told he had the part way back in 1937

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 4 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:04 pm

Very Happy

Or should that be Dopi? Razz 

Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:53 pm

azriel wrote:Agreed Raddy ! Kili looks as a Dwarf should by those pics, & that strange looking person at the end IS fooking Dopey from "Snow-White". He's still finding his way round since he was told he had the part way back in 1937

I imagined Tolkien's 'The Hobbit' dwarves to be something like the ones in Snow White, only less malformed and with beards (hair) that were of "hue" rather than bright, gharish coloured beards. That is, blue beards in real life have that bluish sheen that you sometimes detect in their black beards (hair). But even if the beards were more blue (or yellow) than what is usual, it would not bother me at all. It's a fantasy, you see. An imaginative work. (Not unlike the Bible, really, except better).

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:08 pm

Ive noticed Orwell, that you often slip it in.....about the Bible, whether its fictional, fantasy,furtive imagination,factless,free thinking,free speech,free drugs on the national health !  Very Happy 

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:32 am

Radaghast wrote:
Norc wrote:Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 4 Tumblr_mzet9aZVrN1qk8t2to2_250Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 4 Tumblr_mzet9aZVrN1qk8t2to1_250
Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 4 Tumblr_mzet9aZVrN1qk8t2to3_r1_250Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 4 Tumblr_mzet9aZVrN1qk8t2to4_r1_250
Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 4 Tumblr_mzet9aZVrN1qk8t2to5_r1_250Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 4 Tumblr_mzet9aZVrN1qk8t2to6_r1_250
That would've been a marked improvement.

And that one at the end (Nori) needs a fucking beard too! Mad

that last one is Ori, and he has a beard. (but he's kinda the momma's boy and has a slingshot and wears knitted mittens and scarf, so it isn't a very good beard Shrugging

though i kinda think that the first two there aren't so bad (the third one is horrific)..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:39 am

he does kind of look like a neanderthal...

I pictured the dwarves in the hobbit looking alot like Balin does in the films; long beards with helmets on like Gimli. I read it in fourth grade, after seeing the LOTR films, so Gimli's image was the dominant dwarf image. Also, I pictured the drunk elf butler to look like Legolas in coat-tails. In fact all the elves looked liked Legolas when I pictured them  Shocked 

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 4 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:35 pm

Norc wrote:that last one is Ori, and he has a beard. (but he's kinda the momma's boy and has a slingshot and wears knitted mittens and scarf, so it isn't a very good beard Shrugging

though i kinda think that the first two there aren't so bad (the third one is horrific)..
Huh. So he does.

And here he even has a hood:
Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 4 Ori-adambrown-p

Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:15 pm

I'm not sure I ever was a big fan of the design of the dwarves in the LotRs, but at least it was consistent.

I posted this somewhere else, but:

Dwarves in the LotRs:

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 4 Tumblr_mad6qdZrZt1rrdnw8o1_400

Dwarves in the Hobbit:

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 4 The-hobbit-gets-a-new-dwarf-heavy-poster-115884-470-75

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:31 pm

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=40463

Boyens on TABA

Spoiler:

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:53 pm

interesting..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:58 pm

I like the comments the EMPIRE article got!

So the third film dosen't 'exist', I wonder how drastic the reshoots were?, if it's a rough assemblage covering barely five chapters of the book it seems to me they've gone ROTK and shot as much footage as they can, given the BOFA is pretty much open to PJ's interpretation I'm actually excited in an odd way-we have no idea how he will surprise/anger/disappoint us.

Just as long as they don't try and spin out a forth film....

Richard Armitage could burp the national anthem whilst saving a orphan from a burning building and I doubt I'd be any more enthused about his performance. It's certainly a good one, I just find Thorin to be a bland annoying dick in the film, who looks like a rejected Klingon rock singer-in the book he was more of a dick but I found the grumpy old man endearing, the 'depth' they sought to give Thorin in the film feels all too forced and cliched to me, when I'm not bored by him I'm annoyed.

It's kinda weird Boyens is the spokeswoman of the group when she is only a screenwriter not a producer as far as I am aware.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:59 pm

"Oh God!" was my 1st thought, How much stomach churning, gut rotting shit am I in for ? I was thinking today, Ive seen more CGI in The Hobbit than in all the films Ive ever seen thats used CGI, Im sure of it !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:29 pm

azriel wrote:"Oh God!" was my 1st thought, How much stomach churning, gut rotting shit am I in for ? I was thinking today, Ive seen more CGI in The Hobbit than in all the films Ive ever seen thats used CGI, Im sure of it !

He he, at least he didn't do a Lucas and release a special edition with a Bloated CGI sock puppet doing an Ill judged singing number

...hang on...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:45 am

I actually kinda liked the singing sock puppet.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:29 am

Philippa Boyens wrote:Bofur (James Nesbitt) comes more into his own in the third film. A rift begins to open up. And I can’t say much more without going into spoilers for film three, but it’s primarily because we needed him to be there when the dragon attacks.

Okay, but could you really not think of a better way to keep Bofur in Lake-town than "he fell asleep and none of the other Dwarves who were in the same room as him bothered to wake him up"?  Honestly, I think that might have been the dumbest moment in DOS.  Yes, even worse than the final fight with Smaug.

Not only that, but you enter into the tone of the third film, which is very definitely - as is the book, by the way - moving towards the world of Middle-earth as it becomes in Lord Of The Rings. Some dark stuff goes on.

You mean even more like LOTR than the first two films? F You
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:32 am

malickfan wrote:He he, at least he didn't do a Lucas and release a special edition with a Bloated CGI sock puppet doing an Ill judged singing number

...hang on...

And there weren't even any Twi'lek girls to make up for it this time. Mad
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:37 am

we have a rough assembly, so to speak, of the shape of the film and the performances.

Interesting. Normally then you'd expect them to do some more pick-up shooting this summer, since you're certain to have continuity problems as you try to piece together something this complex.

Unless of course PJ just decides to CGI everything he needs to fill in the rough bits.

Oh no. Now that I've said it I just know..... :facepalm:
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:47 am

Last I heard, PJ was planning additional pick-ups in May, but I don't know if they'll be as extensive as the ones last year where everyone comes back, or if they'll be more along the lines of the LOTR ones, where they just fill in little bits and pieces as various actors are available.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:22 am

I remember when I saw DOS in theaters. I was waiting to go in and there were these middle aged women coming out (the kind that would oogle over Thorin), and one of them says: "Well, there's so much more left that happens in the story!"  :facepalm: And I desperately wanted to say, "Yeah, there really isn't." But I just rolled my eyes. Of course the filmmakers would come through with another "Forced Peej Conflict."

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:26 am

Maybe they hadn't heard of the three film split and were just surprised that the film ended as abruptly as it did? Shrugging

{{{That's all I've got.}}}
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:29 am

If I came in expecting two movies and got handed that awful cliffhanger, I wouldn't be speaking so enthusiastically about the movie as I left the theater. But that's just me. Shrugging

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:42 am

"I am excited, because one of the storylines I care a lot about is the Thorin one." says Bogbrains,........ we know luv ! its all about "me,me,me" isnt it !

“Richard Armitage is extraordinary, as Thorin descends into madness,” she said of The Hobbit: There And Back Again’s dwarfish denouement.

Id descend into madness if I saw how bad this film was, especially compared to the fooking book, Bogbrains ! I mean, that IS what its representing ?

“It felt so natural that I got a shock when the audience got a shock!

They got a shock because they couldnt believe they had PAID to watch this cack, & then realised they couldnt get their money back,

Not only that, but you enter into the tone of the third film, which is very definitely - as is the book, by the way - moving towards the world of Middle-earth as it becomes in Lord Of The Rings. Some dark stuff goes on.”
NO! you mean........sabre toothed Bunnies now ?? Riding scaley flying hedgehogs ? At the bidding of ...."He who shall not be named"... Suspect  IN THE DARK ?? (dum,dum,daaaaaaaaaaaah!)

“No, honest, this one really does have an ending.”
 In the Bin sweetheart !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next