Bluebottle
bungobaggins
Radaghast
Pettytyrant101
Eldorion
30 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 38 Empty Re: In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:25 pm

Bluebottle wrote:I wonder, do people think it would have been better with a Hobbit movie and then a prequel movie as was talked about?

Much better - then they might actually have made one film based on the book and one with all the other crap they themselves invented, and we could've chosen not to watch the second one.

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 38 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 38 Empty Re: In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS

Post by azriel Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:37 pm

Hear Hear ! Ringo !

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 38 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 38 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:45 pm

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 38 105576d1346839293-can-we-have-little-smiley-face-little-man-taking-his-hat-off-hatsoff

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:52 pm

Eldorion wrote:
Radaghast wrote:How are those dead dwarves in Erebor so well-preserved? Didn't Smaug kill them 170 years ago?

Either the filmmakers don't know or don't care about rates and types of decay in corpses.  Maybe they thought it would be scarier or more resonant to not just have skeletons.
The dead dwarves found by the Company in that old chamber had, to my mind, died of dehydration and starvation as they hid from Smaug, who would have been busy clearing out the mountain of treasure. They appeared to be mummified. I looked up natural mummification (spontaneous mummification) and, as you would imagine, a corpse would rot in most situations. Spontaneous mummification simply does not happen unless certain requirements are met: either the body must be in a bog, or similar anaerobic (oxygen-less) environment, or be frozen, or lie undisturbed in very dry hot, or cold, conditions.
I don't see how Erebor would fit those requirements at all, but dwarf mummies are what they look like to me.

Anyway, here's a weird-ass picture of some white dude hanging out with his collection of Maori mummified heads!

Spoiler:

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:02 pm

I find that quite interesting Forest, mummified heads (or anything else really) I look at those faces & say to myself, they were people once, living their lives, getting on with things, hopes, aspirations etc, & now look at them. Lost souls.

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 38 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:02 pm

azriel wrote:I find that quite interesting Forest, mummified heads (or anything else really) I look at those faces & say to myself, they were people once, living their lives, getting on with things, hopes, aspirations etc, & now look at them. Lost souls.
They're just shells Azriel, just shells.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:35 am

Ringdrotten wrote:
Bluebottle wrote:I wonder, do people think it would have been better with a Hobbit movie and then a prequel movie as was talked about?

Much better - then they might actually have made one film based on the book and one with all the other crap they themselves invented, and we could've chosen not to watch the second one.

I think I agree with that as well Ringo. Nod  Though they would probably have found a way to include Tauriel and Azog anyway.  Rolling Eyes 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:11 am

completely agree ring. I would have much rather seen one film based on the book and stayed pretty faithful to it. Then a second film with all Jackson's made up nonsense in it. Like others have said then we could have chose to ignore the second film. And not been forced to the cinema for 6 out of 9 hours of made up crap

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:14 am

Hi, Sin!  Wave 

I'm thinking that I might be of the mind to skip TABA in theaters. The DVD rip of DOS came out only a few weeks after the movie was in theaters. If that stays about the same I think I could wait.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:14 pm

I was of a mind to skip it altogether Laughing I think I won't, though, seeing as Petty actually might have found a way to make a proper edit of it, so I'll probably watch it to help Petty with some feedback. I probably would've watched it anyway at some point, a year might do wonders in terms of helping me forget DOS Wink

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:45 pm

I'll go see TABA, but I don't know if I'll go see it a second time. I haven't seen DOS again yet, and probably won't unless my brother's work schedule aligns with mine before it's out of theatres (and something more interesting doesn't come up, which has already happened once so far).
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:11 pm

Has anyone seen Snow White and the Huntsman? I'm watching it now and I'm impressed by effects for the dwarfs; at any rate, they're a lot better than the TH movies.

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 38 WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:35 pm

Are they hot dwarves?

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:40 pm

I liked Charlize Theron as the wicked witch, but then I like her as an actress. For me, Ive got Chris Hemsworth to ogle at, Mmmmm. Oooh I do like his upper class, posh sounding, melted chocolate, (yeah baby yeah !) voice. Fuhf !  :carrot: 

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:41 pm

Are they hot dwarves?......... Bungo

They are if you cook them

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:47 pm

Ive done something Ive not done before, I still havent gone to the cinema to see DROSS, Ive saved my money, avoided the crowds, (trying to get OUT not IN the cinema it was so appalling ) kept away from the rotten weather, snug & warm indoors watching my own "version"  Nod  The only thing I missed was a carton of half & half popcorn. (half butter,half salty) I missed out on the atmosphere, if there had been one ?
I always keep my promise & go to see a film I want to see, but, even THIS time I couldnt keep my word, not even to my son, who DID want to see DROSS, never mind eh !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:56 pm

bungobaggins wrote:Are they hot dwarves?
No, they're all pretty butt ugly Very Happy

The movie sucks too  Laughing 

Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:57 pm

I would expect a thrilling performance with much nuance from Kristen Stewart.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:59 pm

I hope that was sarcasm Bungo ??

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:04 pm

Of course.  Smile 

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:11 pm

GOOD ! I was wondering what you were on ?
I was flicking thru IMDB & saw Dross is nominated for............ Best makeup/hair and.............Best Achievement in Special Visual Effects .......... thats a lot  Nod  Peejers will need help carrying that lot home, Just seemed funny to see his wonderful, larger than life, visions relegated to best hair ! Id give an award to whoever could ambush the van delivering DVDs & save us from watching & buying SHIT !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:31 pm

There's nuance but it's bad nuance Razz

Also: fake accents.

Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:35 pm

Thats the best bit ! God awful accents, whats the matter with you, tsk,  Rolling Eyes Wink Very Happy 

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:44 pm

True. A movie does need some entertainment value Razz

http://www.the-editing-room.com/snow-white-and-the-huntsman.html

Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:34 pm

Thanks Raddy ! I love these edits !!  Razz Laughing 

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next