Bluebottle
bungobaggins
Radaghast
Pettytyrant101
Eldorion
30 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 39 Empty Re: In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS

Post by Radaghast Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:20 pm

Yeah, they're pretty good Very Happy

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 39 WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 39 Empty Re: In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS

Post by Bluebottle Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:11 pm

I love that people were so disillusioned by DoS that they prefer talking about Snowwhite and the Huntsman.  Laughing 

To bring the thread slightly back on topic, here's some, not so great, pictures of DoS literally in a cinema.

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 39 Wp_20180
In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 39 Wp_20181
In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 39 Wp_20182

This is the place that had a premier on the 10th, by the way.  Very Happy

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:17 pm

Hard to say which movie is worse Very Happy, though SW&tHM had a better idea of what dwarfs should look like.

Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:27 pm

That's not saying a lot though, as the Hobbit used about four different ideas. None of them very good. Laughing

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:15 pm

I'd say it had at least 12 bad ideas Very Happy

Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:18 pm

Nice looking cinema  Nod  Is that place empty by the way ? Are those bodkins merely the staff ? it was VERY quiet when we saw AUJ. No enthusiasm at all, & they've left DROSS running for the 4th week at my local cinema, hoping & praying SOMEONE will show up ! I dont think its the weather putting people off tho  Wink 

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 39 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 39 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:30 pm

I agree, those bumbling "I-dont-know-whats" are NOT my idea of Dwarves from Tolkien at all ! Peejeers did NOT take into account the style, flavour, atmosphere,mythology, or "Arthurian" feel to The hobbit one little bit. He re-incarnated a gross, incompetent, illogical, ridiculous,idiotic & totally unbelievable bunch of fookwits Ive ever seen, Its not even a parody, its just so bad. Parodys are at least clever but, peejeers injects none of this. His Dwarves are to young, to nice looking, not chunky enough, Im pulling my hair out now Im so razzled ! Gimli looked Dwarfish, I didnt doubt him once. & I dont think its cos its the first time I saw him & Im judging other dwarves by this standard, I knew John Rhys Davies is a big guy in real life but, he made me believe he was a Dwarf & I did. These rejects from the " X-Factor" look like washed up boy band left overs. Even "Thorin" doesnt cut it. Look at him against the Elves ! bloody ludicrous !

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 39 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:31 pm

Haha, yeah.  Laughing 

Those people are the staff, but I would be surprised if it was half full when I saw it. Still, it's mid Januray. So I don't know what one can expect.  Shrugging

It's quite a nice cinema.  Nod  The design is a bit alternative, but it's the only place in Oslo I like to go to see movies.

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 39 Kino-colosseum

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:36 pm

I went there to a marathon screening of the LotR EE trilogy, the theatre called Colosseum 1 (correct me if I'm wrong, Blue) is awesome. Too bad the crowd couldn't shut up but had to clap and yell every time Aragorn showed his face, Leggy did some cool ninja trick, Gimli did something silly, Gandalf showed his face, Frodo showed his face, some character said something.. the list goes on and on forever, and I get pissed just by remembering it all Mad

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 39 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:41 pm

I like it !  Thumbs Up  Makes me think of the cinema's we had years ago, & how I miss them. Beautiful, individual buildings like palaces inside all gone, replaced by fooking "multiplexes", sterile, uniform, androgynous places with no soul. MY old cinema's had polished, real wood bannisters & fittings, plush carpet, velvet drapes, smelt of good quality beeswax polish, you could smoke & we'd watch the little grey curls drift up to the ceiling, which was also decorated,much like an opera house. Gold leaf details & subtle lighting. It was a real pleasure to go out of an evening to one of these places ! A real event ! Now, you just shuffle along on thin,worn carpet, under harsh lighting, like fooking cattle, to a well worn, squeaky seat thats so hard yer arse hurts after 10mins. your feet kick the last peoples popcorn & sweet wrappers & Kiora plastic cartons cos staff assume you will put your rubbish in the black bin liner they so kindly left by the exit  Mad Evil or Very Mad 

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:13 am

Spot on Ringo.  Nod 

Also I know exactly what you mean with the screaming and applauding. From what I've heard it's quite similar at the premiers in Oslo as well. I guess camping out for two weeks for premier tickets makes you quite enthusiastic. Laughing

It's perfectly fine to react and laugh, but I guess doing so at everything might get a bit much.

Not sure if it's like that at LotRs marathons elsewhere as well.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:59 am

It was horrible - it seemed like all these hundreds of idiots had been doing this together year after year. Completely ruined what could have been a nice experience.

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 39 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:11 am

Ringdrotten wrote:I went there to a marathon screening of the LotR EE trilogy, the theatre called Colosseum 1 (correct me if I'm wrong, Blue) is awesome. Too bad the crowd couldn't shut up but had to clap and yell every time Aragorn showed his face, Leggy did some cool ninja trick, Gimli did something silly, Gandalf showed his face, Frodo showed his face, some character said something.. the list goes on and on forever, and I get pissed just by remembering it all Mad

Sort of like a 10 hour long Rocky Horror Picture Show then? Shocked  
I'm trying to imagine the lines at the toilet at intermission....
(they did give you intermissions I hope!) pale
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:54 am

Okay everyone, back on topic.

Laughing

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:24 am

What is going on?

((( slap laugh )))

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:36 am

Somebody, somewhere, can see SOMETHING in dear old Kristen, something I certainly cant, maybe some poor deluded soul who thinks Kristie is JUST on the edge of "blooming"  Shrugging  Any day now Kristen, Smile  in yer own time luvy ! dont hold back now ! ah, will yer stop yer teasing, tsk !  Wink  you can do it, just a little more...conviction, dedication, sympathy,.............ACTING ?

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:44 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:It was horrible - it seemed like all these hundreds of idiots had been doing this together year after year. Completely ruined what could have been a nice experience.

Yeah.  Laughing 

That's exactly what they had been doing. A good deal of them probably from the first LotRs premier.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:08 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:I went there to a marathon screening of the LotR EE trilogy, the theatre called Colosseum 1 (correct me if I'm wrong, Blue) is awesome. Too bad the crowd couldn't shut up but had to clap and yell every time Aragorn showed his face, Leggy did some cool ninja trick, Gimli did something silly, Gandalf showed his face, Frodo showed his face, some character said something.. the list goes on and on forever, and I get pissed just by remembering it all Mad

Enter the fan-base.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:10 pm

Is anyone worse than Kirsten? Razz

Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:22 am

I wasn't expecting to see DOS in theatres again since my plan to do so with my dad and family back in December had fallen through due to football and conflicting work schedules, but apparently he still wanted to see it so we all went out to a second-run theatre tonight. Surprisingly there were about 6-8 other people in the theatre in addition to our group. I wasn't really interested in seeing the film, but I did want to share it with my dad since he had helped introduced me to Tolkien years ago, and my brother since he recently started reading LOTR after years of humoring me while I babbled about it.

Anyway, my brothers review was "pretty average for an action movie, but pretty bad for a Lord of the Rings movie". This stands in contrast to his response to AUJ, which he compared unfavorably with the LOTR trilogy but which he said was otherwise pretty good. My dad's review was (and I quote exactly) "braaawraaaogh *dragon noises* It was alright". He hasn't read the book in years but he could tell roughly how much had been added and seemed rather bemused by the differences present. On the other hand, my step-mom, who isn't really a Tolkien person at all, seemed to think it was a good movie.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:31 am

Doesn't your step-mom know thats just the sort of thing that can get a person a killed in Forumshire?  Suspect 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:35 am

Well, hey, let's be fair. If you aren't looking at it as an adaptation AT ALL and just as a stand alone film, the only really bad part for the average theater goer is probably the end because it drags so much. Otherwise it's pretty fast paced and exciting for a PJ film.

Now I will wash my mouth out with all the soap in Valinor and drown my liberalness in rasberry buckie.

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 39 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:36 am

I don't think she's aware of Forumshire at all, actually. Shrugging

Fake edit: I will say, that some of the dumber parts of the movie were funnier this time now that I'm resigned to the reality that DOS would not salvage the Hobbit trilogy. Some of the laughs were probably even intentional.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:39 am

Tinuviel wrote:Well, hey, let's be fair. If you aren't looking at it as an adaptation AT ALL and just as a stand alone film, the only really bad part for the average theater goer is probably the end because it drags so much. Otherwise it's pretty fast paced and exciting for a PJ film.

Now I will wash my mouth out with all the soap in Valinor and drown my liberalness in rasberry buckie.

Yeah, she pointed out that there's lots of stuff from the book that doesn't translate to the screen, to which my dad replied that there's lots of stuff in the movie that had no connection to the book. :PBut you're right, if you like this sort of movie and have never read the book, I'm sure there's much less that would bother you about DOS.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:40 am

Not aware of Forumshire!!!!!  Evil or Very Mad 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next